Nintendo Switch
  • drug use, wasnt it? just make it milk
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    I'm still going solid on Monster Boy; one of the later levels is quite a maze to figure out
    Spoiler:

Huge stage, overwhelmingly so at first. I liked the races, bit I'm a sucker for practice-makes-perfect. Much like the chase scenes in Ori everyone loves.

• It's a pretty funny level too. Only disliked are the ghost wizards and skeleton enemies.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I like to think I'm responsible for Hotline Miami:

FFS IMGUR

[font=Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]TvqHAZj.png[/font]
  • In all the indie chat, did anyone spot Heave Ho arriving on the ‘coming soon’ section a couple of days beforehand?

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    8 joycons with varying degrees of drift (or sticky buttons etc) sent to Nintendo.

8 joycons back all as new, even with sticks tightened up, all sticky buttons fixed.

£0
  • How? I looked it up and it seemed that the free replacement/fix wasn’t being offered here in the uk yet?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The left stick on mine is starting to drift. Same as happened with my Vita. These small analogue sticks they put on hand helds are far too flimsy. Think I'll be grabbing a fat controller soon anyway.
  • My left Joyson drifts like a bitch. Gonna have to send it in
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • My left Joyson drifts like a bitch.

2 Fast 2 Furious reboot with Chaz as the former drifting champion dad trying to teach his son the ways of real drifting
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just call them. Easy as shit.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Just call them. Easy as shit.

Ah, the simplest way is often the way I overlook
  • Mine drifts too. Awful really.
  • 8? 8?!? You'd bloody hope they were fixing them for free. Makes RROD seem like a drop in the ocean.
  • JonB wrote:
    These small analogue sticks they put on hand helds are far too flimsy.

I wonder if the issue is that, with that style of thumbstick, downward pressure will cause the scraping that leads to drift. Did the PSP nubbin have drifting issues?
  • Yeah - gotta admit, I’m not sure what the main message of Reg’s post was, with the zero pounds acting as the full stop at the end of the message. It’s awful hardware and I don’t really care that it’s free (in some places) to fix - it shouldn’t be that common a problem. It really is unacceptable.
  • 8? 8?!? You'd bloody hope they were fixing them for free. Makes RROD seem like a drop in the ocean.

On the other hand, mine are fine. I’ve played the vast majority in handheld.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah - gotta admit, I’m not sure what the main message of Reg’s post was, with the zero pounds acting as the full stop at the end of the message. It’s awful hardware and I don’t really care that it’s free (in some places) to fix - it shouldn’t be that common a problem. It really is unacceptable.

Hmm... I wonder how to place that in the context of my RROD Xbox that they would not take as it was out of warranty, or the yellow light on my ps3 that meant I had to buy a slim, as again it was out of warranty.
    All of my joycons are out of warranty. But still.
    I wonder.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    (it's shitty hardware design no doubt but at least I've got it fixed, gratis, including sending it it)
  • JonB wrote:
    The left stick on mine is starting to drift. Same as happened with my Vita. These small analogue sticks they put on hand helds are far too flimsy. Think I'll be grabbing a fat controller soon anyway.

Not to be needlessly worrisome here but you mean my Switch, right?
  • Read that the DQ11 demo is dropping (or has dropped). Weighing in at 14gb, you can start the game now and carry your progress into the full version when it’s released next month.
  • Tempy wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    The left stick on mine is starting to drift. Same as happened with my Vita. These small analogue sticks they put on hand helds are far too flimsy. Think I'll be grabbing a fat controller soon anyway.
    Not to be needlessly worrisome here but you mean my Switch, right?
    Well, yes. It might not be much of an issue but it's noticeable on Fire Emblem.
  • Was more just a worry of ownership there!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    (it's shitty hardware design no doubt but at least I've got it fixed, gratis, including sending it it)

If Nintendo (who don't give a toss about their customers) are doing this for free and outside of warranty it means there is something fundamentally wrong and if they don't, they will be visited by legal dudes very soon.  £0 is nothing clever or honourable here.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Read that the DQ11 demo is dropping (or has dropped). Weighing in at 14gb, you can start the game now and carry your progress into the full version when it’s released next month.

The demo is only 4.7GB.
  • Anyone who’s getting Links Awakening SDX do you want it to be similar to original LA or completely bonkers in the same way the original was?
  • Andy wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    Read that the DQ11 demo is dropping (or has dropped). Weighing in at 14gb, you can start the game now and carry your progress into the full version when it’s released next month.

The demo is only 4.7GB.

Ta. Weird that the folks on Reset Era repeatedly referred to the wrong size download? Smaller is better though. I won’t be trying it, as I’m away and even nearly 5gb will be too much for Turkish broadband. Interested to hear the thoughts of anyone who has downloaded it.
  • Reset era posters never ever over react to anything ever.
  • Also I don’t think the demo actually carries the save over... I downloaded last night so will try and give it a go. Really looking forward to the main game release, hope they have slightly balanced the combat though as I have heard a lot of people refer to it as a bit mindless. Although over 80+ hours maybe that’s not such a bad thing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!