Nintendo Switch
  • The demo is nice and it has some interesting mechanics, still not sure if I will bite though

Unrelated: GoT Reigns is £1.69
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Cosby wrote:
    ...keeping on top of players' training and happiness became something of a chore.
    I’d argue that it’s impossible, which is why it would be nice to get more cards somehow. In terms of development, there is simply no way of keeping more than one or two players happy, and there’s no way to keep the staff happy. Of course, winning keeps everyone generally happy enough, but the figure for potential skill should be ignored for the majority of players, because you’ll rarely be able to actually develop them.

Yeah, you're right about players. It seems like busy work because you can't ever resolve it.

I didn't have as much difficulty keeping staff happy though. I seemed to have plenty of the staff training cards and occasionally used the meeting ones.
  • Cheers for feedback. I'll give it a bash anyway, had some gold points to use so only a couple quid in the end! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I haven’t ever lost staff, the same way I’ve lost players, but the progress is glacially slow. I’ve had the money to upgrade the stadium and facilities beyond the levels the staff require, but the game isn’t offering me, for example, a silver rated scout to make full use of the level the scouting office is at, and it’s taking an absolute age to develop the scout I have. He’s at level 47, and it seems the game has stopped giving me the cards needed to develop him. It’s frustrating.

I’m more interested in the game for where the series goes next. I’d like to see what the developer could do making something that didn’t start life as a f2p lootfest.
  • I once watched The Goonies four times in four days on a barging trip up and down a canal. Twice with director’s commentary. I like The Goonies me.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Dicey dungeon coming to switch next year

• Andy wrote:
    I haven’t ever lost staff, the same way I’ve lost players, but the progress is glacially slow. I’ve had the money to upgrade the stadium and facilities beyond the levels the staff require, but the game isn’t offering me, for example, a silver rated scout to make full use of the level the scouting office is at, and it’s taking an absolute age to develop the scout I have. He’s at level 47, and it seems the game has stopped giving me the cards needed to develop him. It’s frustrating. I’m more interested in the game for where the series goes next. I’d like to see what the developer could do making something that didn’t start life as a f2p lootfest.
    Cheers. To be honest it will probably be discarded for something else before we hit any ceiling in the game, but it was worth getting just for how happy the little 'un was to see it on the switch and settle in for a game.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It’s worth noting that, for all my quibbles with the game, I’ve put over 45 hours into it.
  • Mega deals incoming:

Zelda - only 44.99 (massive savings of 0.5%)
    Mario- 42.99 (save 6%)
    Fire Emblem - 90 quid for some reason
    Indie games - 6p (99.9% off)
  • Indie games - 6p (99.9% off)

YAY
  • For clarity - the above is not a dig at indies. It’s a dig at Nintendo sales.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Indie games - 6p (99.9% off)

YAY

:D
  • The funny thing is there's actually going to be 30% off BOTW and other first partys.
  • Asda are selling Neon Switch for £239, and all three colours of Switch Lite for £169.

*edited - sorry Gaz.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • In an Asda near you Mark? As these Asda deals are generally store specific
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Do you mean £169 for the Lite? Got very excited then.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Do you mean £169 for the Lite? Got very excited then.

Yes, I’m sorry. I really should wear my glasses when typing on my phone.

360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • The demo is nice and it has some interesting mechanics, still not sure if I will bite though
    Utter nonsense - it's pure crack

• The funny thing is there's actually going to be 30% off BOTW and other first partys.

Yeah but there's so expensive on the store to begin with it's hardly any discount at all when compared to walking into a shop and buying it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • This has probably been mentioned loads and now it’s settled down and people know exactly what’s what - Game Sharing.

I was going to get my son the standard Switch but as it’s quite expensive for an 8 yr olds Xmas present we’re getting a Switch lite for him. What’s the deal regarding Game sharing ?

Yar. Don’t think that’s the deal you think it is.
  • What shop is selling it for less than £42? Its not bad for BOTW, jeez!
  • What shop is selling it for less than £42? Its not bad for BOTW, jeez!

It's £45 on Amazon.. I'm not complaining just pointing out the "30%" is not as generous as it sounds being as they start off so dear.

People are of course welcome to buy it if they feel it offers good value.
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    This has probably been mentioned loads and now it’s settled down and people know exactly what’s what - Game Sharing.

I was going to get my son the standard Switch but as it’s quite expensive for an 8 yr olds Xmas present we’re getting a Switch lite for him. What’s the deal regarding Game sharing ?

I think someone on here bought a Lite intending to use it for digital game sharing and ended up selling it because it was so bad.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    This has probably been mentioned loads and now it’s settled down and people know exactly what’s what - Game Sharing.

Primary console can be used however you’d expect it to be. Secondary console needs an internet check to validate the game license. It’s really not that bad. You can use your phone as a WiFi hotspot, at a push.

Edit: the check is needed every hour, it doesn’t need to be active at all times.

For those thinking of making the Lite their go-to portable console, it makes sense to make it the primary, as you don’t need to validate the account online before use, and can use it freely when out-and-about.

Switching primary/secondary is easy enough. You just de-register the console(s) from settings and the first one to sign into the account is the primary.

If you use cartridges, there’s no issue at all. If you are buying from the eShop, just think about who is going to be paying the games and where.

It’s a small pain, but I don’t see what the alternative is? Nintendo (as with all publishers) don’t want their games on multiple consoles at the same time - as that eats into their revenue.

Second edit: the cloud saving stuff works well too - if you’re using multiple consoles for the same game. You just need to remember to download the latest file before you leave, or use your phone again!
  • Anyone see any good deals on eshop credit let me know. Keeping an eye on Cdkeys, they had £30 for £26 the other day but by the time I went to buy some it jumped up to £28 again!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:

Primary console can be used however you’d expect it to be. Secondary console needs an internet check to validate the game license. It’s really not that bad. You can use your phone as a WiFi hotspot, at a push.

Edit: the check is needed every hour, it doesn’t need to be active at all times.

For those thinking of making the Lite their go-to portable console, it makes sense to make it the primary, as you don’t need to validate the account online before use, and can use it freely when out-and-about.

Switching primary/secondary is easy enough. You just de-register the console(s) from settings and the first one to sign into the account is the primary.

If you use cartridges, there’s no issue at all. If you are buying from the eShop, just think about who is going to be paying the games and where.

It’s a small pain, but I don’t see what the alternative is? Nintendo (as with all publishers) don’t want their games on multiple consoles at the same time - as that eats into their revenue.

Second edit: the cloud saving stuff works well too - if you’re using multiple consoles for the same game. You just need to remember to download the latest file before you leave, or use your phone again!

Thank you. It’s mainly so my son can play some of my downloads really. Hoping for a good Black Friday deal for it. I also might buy his games digitally as I don’t trust him with the tiny carts.
  • Shopping around works. I bought my Lite from EBay with a copy of DQ Builders 2 for £180. There’s lots on there for around £160 without a game. Depends on how low you want it to go.
  • Worth noting - you are unlikely to be able to play the same game at the same time, but if you just want to share games across 2 systems, there should be no issues at all.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!