Nintendo Switch
  • This Xeno Crisis looks good.

Will pick it up at some point. Looks to be for Smash TV what Blazing Chrome was to Contra.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Started Transistor yesterday and it feels like a much better fit on Switch than it did on PC so I might actually play it now. It's a nice looking game and the way the abilities can all be hacked together to produce different effects is fun.

It's definitely a Supergiant game though. Almost feels like playing Bastion again despite being completely different.

• Out on Friday, £6.74 with a pre-release discount.  I think I want it.
  • Fuck yeah I'm having some of that.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Turns out I’m not - Been using the same card for all my purchases on the Nintendo store and so finally decided to let it store them. Great. Let’s buy this golf game. Do you want to use the stored cArd? Yes I do! No problem you’ve been using it for ages! Just enter your Nintendo account password that you’ve never had to use before!

Ahhhh Nintendo you utter cunts
    The Forum Herald™
  • I pre-ordered. I never store the card though. Can the stored card be deleted in settings?
  • Dunno just entered the same card again as a new card. No password required. Happy days.
    The Forum Herald™
  • You know what else is really fucking good about the switch?  The reward system for digital games.  It seems genuinely, erm, rewarding.  I bought luigi the other day, lovely stuff btw, went back onto the shop yesterday and bought 39 days to Mars for nothing and i still have £3.50 something off credit in coins left over.  Fine days.
  • House golf game does look good too.
  • It helps that LM3 was double gold points but, yeah, it’s pretty decent. I’ve developed the habit of letting them build up to enough for s free game. And, of course, as you buy that free game, you’re earning rewards on it, too.
  • I like the fact that they offer an incentive to go digital with big releases.  I'll be a physical media boi until that particular avenue of pleasure is closed off, but the 5% vs 1% thing makes sense.  Wasn't there a buy one get one cheap promotion recently too?

Edit: Double gold points, that was it.
  • House golf game does look good too.

Looking forward until about 6pm Friday
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I like the fact that they offer an incentive to go digital with big releases.  I'll be a physical media boi until that particular avenue of pleasure is closed off, but the 5% vs 1% thing makes sense.  Wasn't there a buy one get one cheap promotion recently too? Edit: Double gold points, that was it.

Your probably thinking of this:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Game-Vouchers-FAQ-1560656.html
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Also I only top up my eshop/PSN wallets when ebay do offers, just yesterday I picked up £135 of eshop credit for £121.50.

I'm sure physical would still works out cheaper and you have the huge benefit of being able to sell on though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Andy wrote:
    I’ve created a Bear & Badger club in Asphalt 9: Legends. Let me know your Player IDs and I can add you. You get your Player ID from the player icon along the top. You can change your name, but your Player ID is a string of random characters.

8d3e6
    The Forum Herald™
  • House Golf thingy was ready to go this morning.

Cheap and cheerful but fun to play. Bit of trial and error cos there doesn't seem to be anyway of getting an over view of the hole so sometimes it's a bit hit and hope. Also the camera defaults towards the hole but the aiming arrow doesn't which is a bit of a fiddle.

There's an aiming line but no way to gauge the distance but I guess that will come with experience. Got under par on the first set of holes despite a woeful triple bogey but the complexity of the holes ramps up nicely. Would of got a hole in one too if I hadn't hit my first stroke OB.

Art style remeniscent of the micro machines but 3d.

Overall You can't go wrong if you like crazy golf and have six quid knocking about.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Did anyone pick up
    Layton on switch ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Did anyone pick up
    Layton on switch ?

I'll pick it up at some point in the future, I'm not caught up on the 3DS ones yet. From the sound of it the core game isn't as good as Laytons 1-6 but it's a good version of the game (it was originally released on 3DS and smartphone so this is the first version on a dedicated gaming device with the full quality graphics).
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • So I have found myself accidentally ordering and now owning one of these marvellous Switchs I keep hearing about. My little boy is absolutely over the moon with it!

We currently have three LEGO games (‘‘twas a decent bundle) and I picked up Mario vs Rabbids as it is relatively cheap.

So the question is, any general tips?! Advice?! Must play games (excluding the obvious?!)?!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Are the dull colours and sometimes, almost grainy, screen normal for Switches?When I plug ours into a monitor or plasma, it's gorgeous. The Switch itself is quite dull in comparison.

Or is it luck of the draw depending on the panel used - as I've experienced with different DS Lites in the past?
  • Mines bright and crisp. It's a launch one mind. You can adjust the brightness.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I like the fact that they offer an incentive to go digital with big releases.  I'll be a physical media boi until that particular avenue of pleasure is closed off, but the 5% vs 1% thing makes sense.  Wasn't there a buy one get one cheap promotion recently too? Edit: Double gold points, that was it.

Yeah I love physical media too - though now I have something approaching reasonable internet that's not the issue it has been previously
  • i've ordered layton, arrives monday. Will report back
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Oh yes! please do.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Another Switch sold, got through Zelda, DK, Mario & Rabbids and Ultimate Smash Crap. Think it would just sit there till the next Holiday so sold. Money went towards new TV and Elite Series 2 pad. Can’t remember exactly how much I put it together for but know I made some on it selling at £235 without any games. Will put another one together for next holiday when there’ll be some more games I wanna play on it.
  • Based on the first 90 mins I see no reason not to hope Luigi will place respectably on my GotY list.
  • Pokemon is Friday and I’m just getting to the end of bloody Fire emblem. Pokemon, Zelda LA and DQ11 are the ones I want to get done after Pokemon, I might hold off on any big games till those are done...

Who am I kidding.

• Bob wrote:
    House Golf thingy was ready to go this morning. Cheap and cheerful but fun to play. Bit of trial and error cos there doesn't seem to be anyway of getting an over view of the hole so sometimes it's a bit hit and hope. Also the camera defaults towards the hole but the aiming arrow doesn't which is a bit of a fiddle. There's an aiming line but no way to gauge the distance but I guess that will come with experience. Got under par on the first set of holes despite a woeful triple bogey but the complexity of the holes ramps up nicely. Would of got a hole in one too if I hadn't hit my first stroke OB. Art style remeniscent of the micro machines but 3d. Overall You can't go wrong if you like crazy golf and have six quid knocking about.

Yup.  Had nine holes last night.  For £7 it's as good as I hoped it would be.  Can't decide whether to play it and learn the holes or save the whole thing for a same room mp session at some point.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yup.  Had nine holes last night.  For £7 it's as good as I hoped it would be.  Can't decide whether to play it and learn the holes or save the whole thing for a same room mp session at some point.

Ploughed through the hole.. thing on easy although didn't get a star for every hole.

The jump to Medium is pretty tough as the actual
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Decided to plough ahead.  Cleared easy mode and played 18 holes of medium.  It's great.  Only just realised the shoulder buttons zoom in and out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!