Nintendo Switch
  • JonB wrote:
    I hadn't taken any notice before, but it sounds good. Doubt I'll pay anything like full whack for it though.

Nintendo’s own games hold their value very well normally
    The Forum Herald™
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    I preordered LM3 cheap from Amazon AU - it's the one series I genuinely will pick up sight unseen. The first 2 games were great.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Gonna get that pre order in here as well, if I go digital and get the 600 coins pre order bonus for that, I can get Flippin Death for free. Basically.
  • £35 for monkey ball?

£31.50 for mega drive Disney ports?

£30 for poor residents evils (5&6)

£36 for Disgaea 4 (5 was shit)

£45 for Vampyr??

Someone’s been smoking a lot of crack for Halloween
    The Forum Herald™
  • Eshop sale abit crap is it?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Eshop sale abit crap is it?

That’s not sale prices that’s day one fleecing price.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Gotta admit, I hardly touch my Switch because the games are just too expensive.
  • I normally wait for stuff on my watch list to go on sale
  • That’s what they’re waiting for.
  • Even in the sales a lot of this stuff is to dear
    The Forum Herald™
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Gotta admit, I hardly touch my Switch because the games are just too expensive.

Want to borrow the new Yooka Laylee? I'm almost done and I won't play it again.

Anyone else got a weird hoarding bug with Switch carts? I usually only keep multiplayer games; finish and get rid has been the mantra since the early days of 360, but I can't seem to force myself to part with any Switch games. Got a huge pile now. I think I'm....collecting?
  • I was the same with Vita.. it's those dinky little boxes.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I was the opposite with Vita (even though the Switch is my new Vita really).  Never even found out where the physical media slot was.  There's no method to the madness.
  • I'm hoarding too, lol.  Usually only keep special edition stuff that I will retire on one day (or maybe get me on a 2050 episode of Antique Roadshow as a laughing stock)

It's a combination of the cute dinky boxes and knowing, if I ever want to play like Zelda again, it'll still cost RRP to repurchase
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Bob wrote:
    I was the same with Vita.. it's those dinky little boxes.

Best boxes.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Honestly, Switch boxes are too big. Reckon something the size of an n-gage case (but slim like Switch and 3DS) would be more than enough especially in the anti-manual world.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Honestly, Switch boxes are too big. Reckon something the size of an n-gage case (but slim like Switch and 3DS) would be more than enough especially in the anti-manual world.

Its all about presence on the store shelves though.

Too small and its an inferior product that won't catch the eye.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Vela wrote:
    Honestly, Switch boxes are too big. Reckon something the size of an n-gage case (but slim like Switch and 3DS) would be more than enough especially in the anti-manual world.
    Its all about presence on the store shelves though. Too small and its an inferior product that won't catch the eye.

There's also a practical store implication - did you know that the size of a DVD case is 1/2 the depth of a VHS? It was designed that way to help stores, and save them from changing their shelving/racking.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    Gotta admit, I hardly touch my Switch because the games are just too expensive.

Want to borrow the new Yooka Laylee? I'm almost done and I won't play it again.

Anyone else got a weird hoarding bug with Switch carts? I usually only keep multiplayer games; finish and get rid has been the mantra since the early days of 360, but I can't seem to force myself to part with any Switch games. Got a huge pile now. I think I'm....collecting?

Cheers for the offer mate but I think I'm gonna sell the thing soon anyway.
  • Fair do's.  The first/last level is killing me anyway.  Took me 8hrs to get to the point where I felt ready to tackle it, it's taken another 3 to feel like I've got a chance of cracking it.  Tonight's the night.
  • Yeah I think I would prefer to play that beats on a normal controller as well, joy-cons will probably break my thumbs.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    So far Luigi's Mansion 3 is rather lovely.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Got my hands on lite in store today
    Very nice, more vita than og. If it had a significantly better battery I would be all in
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Ah the Vita imagine if Sony had let you plug it in a telly !!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Got my hands on lite in store today
    Very nice, more vita than og. If it had a significantly better battery I would be all in

It’s a 25% improvement on the OG model. It has a smaller battery than the full-fat Switch, but uses it more efficiently because of the new chip.

• Yeah, just wondering if I hold off for the pro version

• There is no pro version at the moment. They mooted two new switches but one was the lite and the other one is the better battery normal one.
  • I don’t think there’ll be a Pro. Switch 2, or something else, but can’t see a Pro at this stage. It may offer something to a particular set of consumers that fear that they haven’t got the latest kit, but beyond that the market doesn’t really need it.

The earnings document from last month has Switch sales still going at crazy numbers and - based on accounts tied to more than one device - Nintendo reckon that circa 40% of Lite sales are second units in a household. So they’re getting to a point where people, or families, are buying more than one.

I think they’ll ride the Lite sales for a good while yet.

Summary of investor report here:
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/31/nintendo-switch-lite-sales-links-awakening/
  • Nah, still believe a pro switch will be with us in 2020

• Im not sure anymore if we will see a Pro in 2020. What with PS5 and NextBox launching Q4 2020, three new console launches is alot. Either launch the Switch in Q2/Q3 of 2020 or wait till 2021.

Key to a Pro has to be compatibility of games with Lite and Standard Switch.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!