Nintendo Switch
  • Witcher 3 is £35 on Amazon
    Wish I had never mentioned it now
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Typical Switch Tax
  • Cheek of it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Labour wouldn’t let that happen
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Switch official console of Brexit confirmed.
  • Have there been any decent Switch deals yet ? I know it’s early for Black Friday but a few places have started theirs already.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Was hoping for Diablo for sub 20. Maybe in the Christmas sale.

£25 at Argos
    and
    £25 at Amazon
  • Cheers dude. Might swing by Argos after work tomorrow.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • An update on The Touryst.

I’m around about the 9 hours mark. I’ve reached the trigger for the end of the story, the point at which - like other games - it gives you the option of pressing on, or mopping up the final tasks. Interestingly, while it doesn’t need you to have done everything to be able to trigger the end, it does need you to have done, by the looks of the bar that came up, about 70% of them.

All I’ve got left to score off my to-do list is find the seventh and final of a series of hidden items, and get the high score on the last arcade cabinet. It’s going to be tough; I feel like I’ve scoured every inch of every island, and I’m not sure where that last item is going to be. As for the arcade cabinet, I took a while to get the first two, but the high score always seemed in reach; ultimately, I got all three high score slots on both machines. But the last one I need to do is a wall-breaker, and the closest I’m getting is about ⅔ of the top score.

Here another task I’m keen to fully complete; it’s scored off my to-do list, but that particular task setter has taunted me to reach a harder goal, and I managed to get within one of the target. I don’t know if it’ll count for anything, but I’ll know.

Frustratingly, having run like a dream for the whole game, without a single crash, the last couple of hours I’ve been absolutely plagued by crash after crash after crash. Reach island, reach spot of collectible, crash. Reload, get into collectible area, pick it up, crash. Go back, get it, take it to collector, hand it over, crash. Take photo, take it to photo collector, hand it over, crash. Change clothes, crash. Crash, crash, crash. So, having made sure my save was uploaded to the cloud, I’ve deleted the game and I’m re-downloading it, and I’ll completely switch off the console, in the hope that helps.
  • It hasn’t helped.

I have managed to beat the task with the guy who taunted me, though.
  • This is infuriating. I beat the high score on the last arcade machine, and as soon as the arcade game ended, the whole game crashed. I’m not going to be able to 100% if this doesn’t get fixed.
  • Sounds awful. If it's a problem many players are experiencing I'd assume something as game breaking as that would be fixed sharpish.

Have you tried installing it to the internal memory rather than the sd card? Assuming that's even an option.
  • I’m kinda struggling for space on either, tbh. I need to have another year of no new games, clear things out a bit.
  • Does anyone know if the Minecraft case contains a cartridge or a download code?
  • I’m ten puzzles into Layton and I love it
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Does anyone know if the Minecraft case contains a cartridge or a download code?

Cart
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Does anyone know if the Minecraft case contains a cartridge or a download code?

Cart

Arse, cheers. It’s for my son and is best to be a digital copy.

• Mark of the ninja is pretty cool.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Played that last month, one of the best games of last gen and it's definitely aged well.  With very few exceptions I can't stand stealth games in 3D, but was all for it as a side scroller.
  • It seems to be drawing on tenchu/arkham asylum and splinter cell ... conviction, maybe? (the one with mark to kill).
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Think the first mark to kill one was Conviction, aye.  Enjoyed that in co-op online (so there's already one example of 3D sneaking I liked).
  • Legit question, is this a big deal in terms of sales or is a rereleased rerelease just something the vocal minority are clamouring for online?  Metroid has always struck me as a bit of a gamerz franchise.  Which is super, I'm just wondering if it's as big a deal on the whole as it seems to be based on the fervent desire for the series on forums & whatnot.  Assuming I'm right and it's not a seismic event for Joe Public, is it the franchise that gets non-Nintyfolk onside?  One more question, which IP shifts more units, Metroid or Star Fox?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Legit question, is this a big deal in terms of sales or is a rereleased rerelease just something the vocal minority are clamouring for online?  Metroid has always struck me as a bit of a gamerz franchise.  Which is super, I'm just wondering if it's as big a deal on the whole as it seems to be based on the fervent desire for the series on forums & whatnot.  Assuming I'm right and it's not a seismic event for Joe Public, is it the franchise that gets non-Nintyfolk onside?  One more question, which IP shifts more units, Metroid or Star Fox?

If Mario, Zelda and Pokemon are tier 1 for Nintendo in sales. Id presume metroid would be tier 2 or tier 3. Depending on where the other Nintendo IP rate.
  • I think the general public don’t really know or care enough about Metroid when compared to Mario and Zelda. I think that’s probably to do with the fact that there’s only really one mainline entry of the franchise per generation if that.

I can’t wait for Metroid Prime Trilogy, I own it on Wii already but can’t be bothered to set up the Wii to play it, having it on Switch would be brilliant
  • Obviously a collection release helps get people primed for the main event too, I'm just curious about the franchise on the whole.  I think Nintendo know not to fuck it up, hence pressing the reset button on MP4 despite allowing something like Starfox Zero* through the net.  

*I haven't played this, but signs pointed to half-baked.
  • They know they need to get Prime 4 just right, the franchise isn’t exactly in great form right now, it’s been relying on remakes of older games and spin offs that haven’t exactly set the world alight.
  • I think the general public don’t really know or care enough about

90% of what we discuss on here :-D

As far as Metroid goes, it is indeed a 'gamerz' game for want of a better term, and quite specifically an American centric one at that. If handeled right there's no reason why it can't expand though.

As far as Star Fox VS Metroid goes Star Fox 64 rules the roost. Will look them all up as best I can later and list what I find.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Let’s play a guessing game, how much are they gonna charge on the eshop for the Trilogy?

I’m betting £29.99.
    But then again it is Nintendo so also expecting £49.99 chancing it
  • I think the general public don’t really know or care enough about

90% of what we discuss on here :-D

Yep!
    You should see the eye rolls from the mrs when I mention the conversations on here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!