regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Me and kaz on a Sunshine-esque journey into Sakurai's eye.
  • That many people can't be wrong...

Aye, things like Brexit and Tories in power are definitely good, eh.  :)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Stupidly bought a s2 fighters for smash pass despite owning it from shopto an allegedly thats not eligible for a refund. So rather than be £25 its £12 for anyone who wants to grab it off me. Stupid me. Blame baby mode.
  • If it was the first one with Joker, Bogard, DQ Hero etc, I'd snap it off ya.  I'm guessing they are specific so it's a season 2 pass rather than choose which seson?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, I'm afraid its specifically the Min Min, Steve and X X X X one.
  • Aw sorry. I’ll pass on the pass then.
  • JonB wrote:
    Obra Dinn is apparently half price at the moment. £9.

I caved and bought it a couple of months ago. No regrets. But that's a bargain if you haven't tried it yet.

Love it cheers Jon. I won't even remember I bought it tomorrow morning which is nice.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Stupidly bought a s2 fighters for smash pass despite owning it from shopto an allegedly thats not eligible for a refund. So rather than be £25 its £12 for anyone who wants to grab it off me. Stupid me. Blame baby mode.

Reg if this is still available I will snap it up. My son really wants the Minecraft fighters but I was being mean and making him wait until the other fighters were revealed.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Has anyone played the remaster of the Wii Monkey Ball game on Switch?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I have. It’s fine.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dusted the wii version down this week and it holds up. The tilt control in the main game works well ... better than I thought it would .. but makes it harder than it probably should be.
  • I'm tempted to pick it up.

I always thought the controls weren't refined enough for the level of precision required in the Wii version.

Kororinpa is the king on Wii.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gamermike wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Reg if this is still available I will snap it up. My son really wants the Minecraft fighters but I was being mean and making him wait until the other fighters were revealed.

Hey, so I have asked shopto for a refund, but as is my understanding I can't get one on digital purchases. I've asked anyway - Once they confirm I am SOL ill message you. Hope that is okay.
  • Not sure if the Monkey Ball chat has been prompted by the fact that it's in the current digital Sega sale....but it's in the current sale (30% off iirc).
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm tempted to pick it up. I always thought the controls weren't refined enough for the level of precision required in the Wii version. Kororinpa is the king on Wii.

Correct. I played that game to death until I got gold on every course and in mirror mode. I stuck with the default marble but then switched to one of the unlocked advanced balls - can't remember which one it was - might have been the UFO. I never tackled it with the football though as the level of bounce would require you to play certain levels differently. Loved that game. The sequel (Marble Balance Challenge in Europe) has a lot more content but they dumbed the physics down to make it a bit easier. You can unlock a custom ball and recreate the original but it still feels a bit too kind.

Wii Monkey Ball tilt is perhaps just a bit too sensitive but I suppose it's more of a casual game being a Wii launch game. The levels seem to be designed around the lesser degree of finesse possible which is why I was wondering what it's like on Switch - it might be too easy with a stick. I thought I would have hated the jump - expecting it to sully the purity of the original but it's enjoyable. Still prefer the original though.
  • Joy cons seem fucked. Right stock and A button and left stick sometimes don’t work. :(
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Try some WD40 contact cleaner.
  • Yeah I tried that recently to solve drift but now have worse problems!
  • JonB wrote:
    Obra Dinn is apparently half price at the moment. £9.

I caved and bought it a couple of months ago. No regrets. But that's a bargain if you haven't tried it yet.

Love it cheers Jon. I won't even remember I bought it tomorrow morning which is nice.

I’ve been playing on the Xbox for about 90mins and it’s mad. Thought I understood it and only had to solve who one of the people was and then somehow went onto the next part of the story. Don’t have a clue what’s happening now. It’s the
    Spoiler:
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Yeah I tried that recently to solve drift but now have worse problems!

Tried a simple update on the joycons and recalibrate? I fear mine are fucked sometimes and then that helps randomly.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gamermike wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

So I got the rejection. It is yours for £12 if you want.
  • Nice one - will PM
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sent code, let me know if it works.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anyone have Tetris v Puyo Puyo?... was going to get it then I heard there's a sequel out in December. Was wondering what it was like.
  • It's really good, but I'm crap at Puyo Puyo so had to give up with it.

If you like both games it's definitely worth the money.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK wrote:
    Anyone have Tetris v Puyo Puyo?... was going to get it then I heard there's a sequel out in December. Was wondering what it was like.

It’s great, but also it’s just Tetris and Puyo Puyo. You could get a similar experience playing Tetris 99 and Puyo Puyo on the Nintendo Online service. Having it in one package with the campaign is cool though.

I can’t imagine the sequel will add anything new, but the online game may go there, so if you like playing on the webs, then maybe get the new one.
  • I really like it, and play the ‘campaign’ mode a lot. Loads and loads of random dialogue to skip in between (easily skippable luckily) which is strange but I admire it!
  • davyK wrote:
    It's really good, but I'm crap at Puyo Puyo so had to give up with it.

If you like both games it's definitely worth the money.

Ha the exact same thing happened with me. I wasn't even that far in to the story and just hit a puyo puyo wall.

The tetris is really good though so I'd say if you can get the first cheap then get that. I'm not sure there's anything they could add to a sequel that would make it worthwhile paying full price for over the first one.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Apparently TVSPP2 is basically more of the plot. So I guess if you like the plot.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!