Nintendo Switch
  • davyK wrote:
    I have the 8bitdo one which is pretty good. I just couldn't be arsed looking for it. :)

Thanks, I am willing to buy my own :)
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    heh.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    Ooooohhh... Puyo Puyo Tetris is a damn fine game. Damn fine.  Some of the modes are hugely entertaining.  The Switch stick for hard drops is a bit of a fuckup though. Miss a dpad on those joycons. :(

Agreed, you can use the dpad when single player though can’t you? I recall only multiplayer being a pain (as you obviously can’t use the dpad). If not yeah I remember playing it a lot multiplayer on long train rides/flights with colleagues and being so angry when it got tense! I didn’t press up!

The single player adventure thing is so good. A LOT of dialogue to skip though.
  • That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Noted, thanks. If £1.47 is the new 89p I'm going to have to be more discerning than ever. Sad times, but we adjust.
  • I bought a game on there yesterday for 8p.
  • davyK wrote:
    heh.

Sorry, response was meant to be bit droll. Had a look and the Snes 8bitdo pad looks really nice - and actually portable which is not something I found with the official pad. 

Bit pricey now with the Amazon.co.uk tax for being in Ireland. Fuck sake Amazon get a .ie domain - its not like there arent loads of Amazon data centres right beside where I work. 

(side note - maybe one of the good things for the Irish High Street will come from Brexit making Amazon a little less appealing to the average buyer)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's excellent for Time Trials but the forum buzz made it tbh. I expect there are leaderboards but randoms aren't the same. You can borrow the cart if you like.

I just saw this. Thanks for the offer but no need. I'd almost certainly never touch it.
  • monkey wrote:
    I bought a game on there yesterday for 8p.

I dabbled with an 8p effort last month. Was genuinely okay - escape single rooms by guiding a sort of jetpack dude out the exits, again and again, with your score listing how many rooms you escaped. My JoyCons ruined it but I'll play it on the TV with an Argos pad at some point.
  • Took the plunge and went for hot pursuit at £17.49 rather than burnout paradise at £22.50.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Me too. Worth it imo.
  • I am literally about to do the same. Was just thinking about it. I love Burnout but never quite connected with Paradise. 3 was the best for me. So will give NFS a shot instead. Plus that Immortals BotW clone while it’s in the sale.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    heh.
    Sorry, response was meant to be bit droll. Had a look and the Snes 8bitdo pad looks really nice - and actually portable which is not something I found with the official pad.  Bit pricey now with the Amazon.co.uk tax for being in Ireland. Fuck sake Amazon get a .ie domain - its not like there arent loads of Amazon data centres right beside where I work.  (side note - maybe one of the good things for the Irish High Street will come from Brexit making Amazon a little less appealing to the average buyer)

I know. :)

The Amazon thing (and everything else because of Brexit). Yeah - I know. We are still a bit befuddled in the North too.  I've bought a book from Folio Society. London based but not sure where the books are actually made. Wondering if I'll get a little sting from it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Cool anybody up for some MP fun at some point?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    I bought a game on there yesterday for 8p.

I dabbled with an 8p effort last month. Was genuinely okay - escape single rooms by guiding a sort of jetpack dude out the exits, again and again, with your score listing how many rooms you escaped. My JoyCons ruined it but I'll play it on the TV with an Argos pad at some point.
    Was it Cosmonauta?
  • That's Symphony of the Mask finished. It's a 3-4hr game that took me 8hrs because I found it ridiculously difficult. Didn't settle into a groove with it at all. Cadence of Hyrule is a much better experience.
  • What a fucking ball ache just getting it going is! EA and Ubisoft and every other third party publisher should be banned from making you create extra accounts to play games you’ve already bought!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Friends request send Kris for HP shenanigans

Don’t know whether you took the plunge Stella but can’t see your friends code on the list ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That Bowsers Fury thing getting revealed at 2pm today.

Imma say it's a Mario rougelite-lite. Like the Links Awakening Dungeon builder, the game will spit premade chunks at you in a random order.
  • I could live with that, it worked for Meat Boy Forever.
  • That would be most like Mario IPhone.

I imagine something will be revealed that will look like it has great potential but it will be severely disappointing and limited. When Nintendo says “online play” imagine the worst and tick box version of that - when Nintendo says “share courses” imagine only doing this offline via an amiibo.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm not thinking an online thing at all. Probably closer to Hades in that the rooms were hand created to the devs and they're randomised in how they show up. But the content itself isn't randomised.
  • Ah I was just talking about whenever Nintendo updates these games the bonus is almost always half arsed or flawed in some critical way. Remember the excitement for online in Mario maker 2, and the addition of course maker in Links awakening. If you present these concepts to a person the boringest version imagined is still better than what Nintendo made in the game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mario Maker 2 was substandard by any means, and a crying shame because the drop off for that was huge despite the popularity of the Switch. Still unforgivable given how much the bloody WiiU version got right that they pretty much just needed to fix the online system.

I don't think the dungeon builder in LA was ever advertised as anything other than it was though? They mentioned pre made rooms when it was first announced, so unless someone read it wrong or got frothing for something that never existed it just... is.

Again the sodding lack of online on that is the main issue.

For this I think they'll keep completely away from online, but tempering that it's an add on to the main game anyway.
  • That would be most like Mario IPhone.

I imagine something will be revealed that will look like it has great potential but it will be severely disappointing and limited. When Nintendo says “online play” imagine the worst and tick box version of that - when Nintendo says “share courses” imagine only doing this offline via an amiibo.

Check out Crayon being all cynical and accurate.
  • What was up with MM2 online?  I know it didn't allow you to play co-op with friends initially, which is insane.  What was going on other than that?  I've only played the solo mode *hangs head*
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What was up with MM2 online?  I know it didn't allow you to play co-op with friends initially, which is insane.  What was going on other than that?  I've only played the solo mode *hangs head*

They chose to tack the same sharing issue on from the first which is unwieldy as fuck. It's just the refusal to budge on these things that is so frustrating.
  • The limitations on the 3DS game stopped my buying it iirc.  Which is a shame as I really fancied endless Mario on handheld at the time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Switch one is a better MM than the WiiU one but it just has the same hamstrung systems.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!