Nintendo Switch
  • Bob wrote:
    According to my Argos app, all my local stores are showing Neon Switch as 'In Stock. Order now, collect in 4 days'. So if there's an Argos near you Kaz, and you're willing to wait a few days, might be worth checking.

Which suggests its not actually in stock at your local stores..

Yet.

It's looking like they're about to get more stock for the first time since launch day though.

Kaz doesn't have an Argos near him though, so he ordered through Nintendo.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • cindemon wrote:
    Was putting all this scratching malarkey down to poor practice when peeps are docking the unit. The more I read, there maybe an ish & find myself leaning towards buying these, well when Amazon sort out there stock. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01N3ASPNV/ref=cm_cr_srp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8 1st screen protector I've brought in years.

Ordered these screen protectors, they arrived Monday, fitted one yesterday. It's excellent. Highly recommended.
  • Nina wrote:
    Missed out by one today. They got 5, I was 4th in line (the waiting is not bad, I'm just sitting in the sun playing Mario Superstars) but they promised 2 to people that were going a bit crazy yesterday. 
    Guy at Gamestop finally wrote my phone number down and said he'd call, hopefully he keeps his promise. Really had my fingers crossed for a go at Splatoon testfire.

Nina's efforts to get a Switch are breaking my heart. Would it be easier to buy one here and we post it?
  • Andy wrote:
    cindemon wrote:
    Was putting all this scratching malarkey down to poor practice when peeps are docking the unit. The more I read, there maybe an ish & find myself leaning towards buying these, well when Amazon sort out there stock. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01N3ASPNV/ref=cm_cr_srp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8 1st screen protector I've brought in years.
    Ordered these screen protectors, they arrived Monday, fitted one yesterday. It's excellent. Highly recommended.

Saw that one after I got my Hori protector. If Hori one starts getting bubbles or scratches I'll get that glass one you have. Looks good.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Andy wrote:
    cindemon wrote:

How easy are they to apply? £10 is a lot to spend if you get unlucky twice in a row.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've seen similar things, if you misapply it, you can just peel it off and reapply it.
  • The design of these would make reapplying very difficult.

I'm not very good at these things, I've got shaky hands, and on the couple of times I've tried applying screen protectors in the past I've gotten flustered, and ended up fucking it up and ending with a poor finish. Applying this thing, it was like there was some sort of witchcraft in the screen protector, like it pushed out potential air bubbles and sucked itself towards the screen. For a moment I was frustrated by one bubble that was taking an age to push towards the edge then, seemingly before I got there, it just sucked itself onto the screen. The finish is absolutely immaculate. What's more, unlike the few I've used, and the many I've seen on other people's phones, this thing is cut with absolute precision, so positioning is not an issue. Once it's on, with the exception of the cut out for the light sensor, you wouldn't know there's a screen protector on.
  • nick_md wrote:
    These people think they can of their quorn and eat it.
  • Andy wrote:
    The design of these would make reapplying very difficult. I'm not very good at these things, I've got shaky hands, and on the couple of times I've tried applying screen protectors in the past I've gotten flustered, and ended up fucking it up and ending with a poor finish. Applying this thing, it was like there was some sort of witchcraft in the screen protector, like it pushed out potential air bubbles and sucked itself towards the screen. For a moment I was frustrated by one bubble that was taking an age to push towards the edge then, seemingly before I got there, it just sucked itself onto the screen. The finish is absolutely immaculate. What's more, unlike the few I've used, and the many I've seen on other people's phones, this thing is cut with absolute precision, so positioning is not an issue. Once it's on, with the exception of the cut out for the light sensor, you wouldn't know there's a screen protector on.

Sounds great Andy, iPhone screen protectors have always disappointed me.. I'm all over this before I go on my holidays and take the thing out in the Wild.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    It was 1 per customer (if I understand correctly), just that 2 of the 5 had been promised for 2 other people not in the queue. (Still a but shit, mind.)

Ahh if that's the case then I misread it. Still not the right way to do it. In that's case why not do it with all 5 and not waste people's time and hope?
    Jon's right. He wrote down the phone numbers of the two people that were making a scene ("it's my boy's birthday and I promised him one", this is the same boy that was there the day before and couldn't even wait before ups arrived to see what would be delivered and only his mom was there on the 2nd day) and they got the first two. So when the Gamestop guy came outside yesterday to tell us there were 3 available, I asked if that meant he got 5 but was holding 2 back. Something he said he wasn't allowed to do earlier on the day. Figured most I could get out of this was getting him to write down my phone number for the next delivery.
    He did, so that's fine. He must have a really shit job right now, so I can't really blame him for at least trying.

When I saw B again in the evening, he noticed my face had coloured a bit, so all that sitting in the sun is paying off. And there was this women that arrived just when ups got there, wondering what we were in line for. "I'm used to waiting in line, but that has always been for food, to survive" she said in an Russian accent. Then she decided to wait with us, as she heard gaming could help your fine motor skills and she wanted her kids to become surgeons.

(and I've thought of getting an EU Switch, but my brother says they're sold out as well right now. And they're more expensive)
  • You can have one from Argos in a couple of days.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    SO my Switch now won't connect to internet - I keep getting DNS errors. Unsure why as I've been using it fine until now. Anyone know a fix?
  • Have you tried turning it off and on again?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

God fucking dammit well played Dante. Of course if you turn it off while docked it only goes into sleep mode.

MOMOCITY
  • No, you can turn it fully off in either mode.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Dante showing his tech support expertise. Great work.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    No, you can turn it fully off in either mode.

How do I do when docked?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    The power button. Hold it.

Ahh I see confusion here. I've been using the hold button on controllers and meant using pads. Sorry
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I've had problems with the 3DS and certain games, had to give it it's own ip address and add that somewhere in the router. That worked. There was an explanation of that of the Nintendo website, might look it up when I'm home if you don't get it sorted before.

First time was completely random, had used the same game and connection fine for over a year, second time I had to do it was after moving, both times is been fine after that.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I've tried to buy a Switch in 3 different places in Japan, and it's sold out! :[

In other, somewhat related news, everyone appears to have a Vita over here...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Couldn't be arsed to catch up on hundreds of posts, but are you early adopters liking this?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    It's a bit shite, m8.

I quite like it.

Has anyone tried charging the (undocked) Switch with the Pro Controller cable via the dock? Mine won't charge this way, which is a bit annoying.
  • It should, what are you plugging the cable into to charge?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • The battery article that sparky posted says the cable can be used
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    The dock.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I tried to charge mine with the cable that came with the Pro Pad - didn't work, just flicked between charging and not charging.

I actually thought it was my charger that was the problem......but I've not tried since with another charger.

Will test and report back!
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Couldn't be arsed to catch up on hundreds of posts, but are you early adopters liking this?

My experience, YMMV.

1. Easiest console setup since PS2/DC/GC/XB era.
    2. Pro controller is comfiest shape since wavebird.
    3. Lineup is the smallest since N64.
    4. Installing patches is quicker than anything.
    5. Breath of the Wild is the best launch game ever, and ... 
    6. ... one of the best games ever. Certainly one of my favourites of all time. 

Every system I've bought at launch has had problems. This hasn't had any.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Tempy wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    These people think they can of their quorn and eat it.

The ofs and the of nots.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!