Nintendo Switch
  • Hmmm?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hmmm to Andy's post on the previous page. I think he's drunk.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Not an exclusive.
  • I’m not drunk. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that neither you nor Sparky have played it.

Earlier today I started writing up my GotY post. 1-2 Switch is mine.
    Games are about having fun. I haven’t played as much 1-2 Switch as I have Mario or Zelda, but for shear, unadulterated joy, this tops either of them. It’s too easy to be cynical and snort at this because you saw the advert and didn’t understand how it would work. Even disregarding the hours of fun it gave us, this game was a contender for the moment alone when my dad and I did our best catwalk strutting while my nieces literally rolled on the floor laughing. “It should’ve been bundled in.” “It should’ve been cheaper.” Maybe, if you’ve totally failed to understand the value in the package. Or you think that a lack of technical wizardry on screen somehow negates the amount of work that has gone into coming up with the ideas, and then honing them to perfection. Sure, not everyone likes every single game in there, but everyone I’ve played with has loved several of them. Looking forward to playing with the family at Christmas.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sheer. [/pedant]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've had 1-2 Switch since launch and never played it once. I'm hoping to rectify this at Christmas. Is it 2 player max or does it support 4 players?
  • Sounds like it’s great in the same way Wii Sports was great.
  • I can totally see how many would have a lot of fun with 1-2 Switch but I know it isn't the kind of thing I would like, nor would most of my family or friends.
  • Kow wrote:
    Sheer. [/pedant]
    Cheers. I wrote it both ways, neither looked right.

Kow wrote:
    I've had 1-2 Switch since launch and never played it once. I'm hoping to rectify this at Christmas. Is it 2 player max or does it support 4 players?
    Each game is just 1v1, but they’re fairly quick. We played with five of us swapping in and out. It was never too long before you were playing again, and watching others play is a hoot.
  • I can totally see how many would have a lot of fun with 1-2 Switch but I know it isn't the kind of thing I would like, nor would most of my family or friends.
    I didn’t think me and my mate would spend all evening playing it together. Even the games which we started off too self-conscious to play.

My folks had the same attitude, too. “Who would want to play that? How is that fun” was their reaction when they saw the adverts on the telly. They’re the ones begging me to take it down at Christmas.

• Selling a copy of Doom if anyone's interested?

Alrighty then. Anyone fancy a swap for Puyo or something?

Also, Capcom wants to make more remakes for the Switch, specifically ones that haven't been on Nintendo before.

Let's dream, lads.

TA1afwZ.png
  • Mega Man collection plox
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Had me going there Gav, I'd definitely/maybe get a Switch for Powerstone.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Powerstone is one of the few games I have never played but really wanted to.
    I can't believe it has never made it to another home console, Dreamcast is the only major retro console I haven't owned.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Sounds like it’s great in the same way Wii Sports was great.

As in not great at all? I agree.

My son wasn't fooled by Wii Sports, and he's four. He loves stuff like Lego Star Wars, Rayman Legends and his new favorite Mario Odyssey though.
  • ^yep. I didn’t like Wii Sports. Throwaway trash. So I’ve avoided 1-2 Switch. But anyone who enjoyed the former would presumably enjoy the latter.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Mega Man collection plox

I'll be getting those and the Street Fighter one, I'd like that Disney Afternoon Collection to.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • A couple of the Wii sporting events were fun.  I've played two 1-2 Switch mini games so I'm hardly an authority but I can't open my mind enough to entertain the idea that even half of the modes on offer are any good.  With the right crowd I'm sure it's A Hoot regardless, but my lot won't even play my-name-that tune kazoo game for longer than 15 minutes.  I might buy it for a mp day I'm doing at the end of Jan, then sell or keep depending on where it sits on my GotY list.
  • I've heard good things about Jackbox Party. Anyone here played those?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Selling a copy of Doom if anyone's interested?

How much are you looking to sell for? Never actually played it on another console, so would be a new experience for me and take the cart collection up to three!
  • Andy wrote:
    I’m not drunk. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that neither you nor Sparky have played it. Earlier today I started writing up my GotY post. 1-2 Switch is mine.
    Games are about having fun. I haven’t played as much 1-2 Switch as I have Mario or Zelda, but for shear, unadulterated joy, this tops either of them. It’s too easy to be cynical and snort at this because you saw the advert and didn’t understand how it would work. Even disregarding the hours of fun it gave us, this game was a contender for the moment alone when my dad and I did our best catwalk strutting while my nieces literally rolled on the floor laughing. “It should’ve been bundled in.” “It should’ve been cheaper.” Maybe, if you’ve totally failed to understand the value in the package. Or you think that a lack of technical wizardry on screen somehow negates the amount of work that has gone into coming up with the ideas, and then honing them to perfection. Sure, not everyone likes every single game in there, but everyone I’ve played with has loved several of them. Looking forward to playing with the family at Christmas.
    I wouldn't go as far as GoTY, or excuse it not being a pack-in/over priced.  However, there is a lot of fun to be had, in much the same way as Wii sports.
    However, like wii sports, you get out of it what you put in, and only with other people. Get up, and be prepared to make a prat of yourself, then there's a lot of fun to be had. But if you're the type of person that chose to play tennis in wii sports by just sitting down and flicking the wiimote, then you're never going to enjoy it.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I've heard good things about Jackbox Party. Anyone here played those?

Yep, played all of them I think (though we only got pack 4 last weekend, so haven't played everything in there yet).  I'd say each pack contains a couple of hits and a couple of misses, but when they're good, they're really good.  The games definitely benefit from having as many players as possible - and the "best" ones rely at least partly on the people playing them. 

Most popular in my household are Fibbage (a bluffing game), Quiplash (a "who can come up with the best punchline?" game), and Drawful (a game about doing terrible drawings).  The games use mobile phones, so you don't need to worry about controllers - and in theory some of them can be played with people who aren't in the room, though really, that's much less fun.

So, yeah, they're great if you have a group of people that enjoy sitting around playing games together.  Utterly pointless if you don't.  The reliance on phones means everyone has a controller, but it also means you're playing a game where everyone is staring at their phone screen for most of the duration.  (And laughing.)
  • I'm sure 1-2 Switch is a diverting fun party game but GOTY? Ahead of Zelda and Mario eh?

Drunk.

If I could grab it for a tenner I would though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Pulling out 1-2 Switch at a party is surely the death knell. I know I'd be ringing a taxi pronto, wouldn't want to be there when people start to eat an imaginary sandwich or pretend to play ping pong. I'm cringing just thinking about it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well if it's some kind of rave/orgy party then probably not. But if it's a Christmas style party with grandparents and kids then maybe yes.
  • Until you play it, and start having fun.
  • I'm sure it's a giggle after a few.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!