Nintendo Switch
  • Played Kirby demo multiplayer with the Missus - thought she’d really like it but she thought it was fine, and not much else.

I don’t mind the super-easy difficulty (its Kirby, yo!) but the level designs seem uninspired and I saw nothing to imply they’re doing anything interesting with the power swap / friend system. It’s a no from me, unfortunately.
  • It will get better/more interesting I assume, the 3DS one took ages to warm up, but it'll still be hold right to win.  Bowling with the bumpers up.
  • Kirby being delivered today and I'm looking forward to playing it with my boys (7 and 4). Have gone back to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 after a month or so off. It's still a really solid JRPG. Committed to getting to the end now.
  • I played the demo of Kirby and loved it, so much charm and happiness piled into one little game.

Won’t be buying it though.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'll put mine in the swap club at some point.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think they ruled out the Sonic racing being having a general Sega thing, I think it's supposed to be just Sonic and all his woodland friends.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It will get better/more interesting I assume, the 3DS one took ages to warm up, but it'll still be hold right to win.  Bowling with the bumpers up.

There’s 2 levels, though, one labelled Easy and one labelled Hard. But the hard one also had really dull level design and no need to really think too hard about the power combinations.

Had a look at a couple of reviews now and the Steven Totilo review of the whole game, seems to state that this is the case. A fundamentally cool idea, but the game never does anything with it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm playing it literally right now, and I'd advise you to steer clear Cinty if that's your take. It is definitely all of that.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m not into punishing platformers at all.  Just want something light and fluffy, so this will probably suit me down to the ground.  But I thought the Eurogamer review said that to grab all the secrets you would need to make use of all the different moves.  That sounds appealing.  Anyway, I’m looking at introducing my four and a half year old nephew to the joy of video games, and I think this and Mario Kart might be the best place to start.  I’m just a little worried he’s going to toss one of the Joy-Cons in a huff when something doesn’t go his way.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm playing it literally right now, and I'd advise you to steer clear Cinty if that's your take. It is definitely all of that.

Thanks for the honest take. Shame, though, as I do like me some Kirby. Might reconsider if I see a good deal, at some point.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Make no mistake, it's polished within an inch of its life, and the UI is second to none, but I am on the second world and it hasn't delivered anything different from the first worlds in the demo.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Make no mistake, it's polished within an inch of its life, and the UI is second to none, but I am on the second world and it hasn't delivered anything different from the first worlds in the demo.

You playing with the Missus, or just single player? I can imagine this being fun enough if you could actually wrangle 3 others and remove the CPU autopilot.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    A bit of both. It's much more fun with flora playing
  • So, it looks like the first Switch Release from Limited Run is going to be Thimbleweed Park. Don't like the look of it, personally, but I'm sure it'll tickle someone's fancy.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Not for me. I found it very underwhelming
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    So, it looks like the first Switch Release from Limited Run is going to be Thimbleweed Park. Don't like the look of it, personally, but I'm sure it'll tickle someone's fancy.

I don’t really know about this sort of thing.  Is Limited Run a pal thing?
    Get schwifty.
  • No, they're multi-region.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Not for me. I found it very underwhelming

Like they haven't learnt anything from the past 20 years of adventure game design? Because that's what it looks like.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kind of. There's a lot of in jokes which are normally my thing, but more tellingly there's an option in game to turn. Off in jokes.
  • Oh, that doesn't sound good. At least it's a few notes saved.
  • I found it frustratingly obtuse at times and the multiple characters really didn't help. You can go down massive avenues of investigation that aren't relevant to the chapter you're on, get stuck and waste lots of time before realising that you can't progress until you finish the chapter as a different character.

I ended up using a guide just so I didn't spend all those hours doing things that went nowhere for another two chapters.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Wow, that's the worst kind of shit adventure games used to do. Well, after getting you into places you couldn't progress and not telling you, but that was rare. The fact you can say that about a modern one is just embarrassing for the devs.
  • Has anyone had a rapid power drain thing with their Switch?  It's happened twice now, where I've taken it somewhere in the case, not used it, then when I took it out a day or so later the battery was gone.  Was fully charged when I put it in, and presumably it stays in sleep mode.  Perhaps my case kicks it out of standby with all the Joycons stuffed in there.
  • Make sure you power it off completely.

Hold the power button and select off instead of standby.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yeah sleep mode is nowhere near as efficient as vita,
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'll power it off next time, but - assuming it didn't wake up in the case - should it really drain in maybe 16hrs in sleep mode?  Even my OG 3DS would last a bit longer.
  • Noticed that the latest system update has fixed the hours played bug.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't think I've fully powered off my Switch since I bought it. Never seen any issue with the battery.
  • I've switched mine on having been in standby for a few days to find it's mostly drained.. I say a few days.. maybe a week or so. It's deffo not up there with the Vita standby but it mostly sits in the dock..
    The Forum Herald™
  • Do you turn the WiFi off? I've got a feeling the standby WiFi implementation is pony.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!