PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Who cares how big or popular it is, it’s a load of shite.

Absolutely no one and certainly not 13 million people
  • I’m sure some of the 13m purchasers do care, there are some idiots out there who like to have a game just because it’s popular or want their purchase to become popular.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I had GC Smash at uni. Many times we tried to play it, not once did anyone actually figure out what you were meant to do.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Three what?

In London it’s called a house.
  • Well I for one will probably buy it and not play it.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I remember people saying they thought the upcoming lineup was a bit shite. I don't remember anyone claiming it wasn't going to sell well.

I don't get why this conversation never ends with Nintendo stuff.

I didn't think much of the E3 thing. There wasn't much I liked the look of. If everyone in the world except me buys a Switch and a Smash it doesn't change that.

I swear if I read another lol Nintendo doomed post I'll... well, I'll probably just shake my head and read another thread.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Well I for one will probably buy it and not play it.
    I am going to skip buying & not playing this iteration
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • JonB wrote:
    I swear if I read another lol Nintendo doomed post I'll...

Eat your hat. Or someone else’s. You can find one in the well in Firelink Shrine. Go back and check.
  • JonB wrote:
    I remember people saying they thought the upcoming lineup was a bit shite. I don't remember anyone claiming it wasn't going to sell well.

I did!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've bought them all, enjoy them for a bit but not for long, except the N64 version which I played for years. All started because my brother and some mates used to come over play it every weekend, along with perfect dark/conkers bad fur day/mario kart etc.

I'm still always a bit miffed that it got so sped up and chaotic after the first one. Melee was actually my least favourite.
  • People don't like smash?

Well I'll be darned.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    People don't like smash?

Well I'll be darned.

IM AFRAID YOU HAVE ENTERED A SMASH HATING ZONE
    PLEASE EITHER DELETE POST OR REVERSE
  • People don't like smash? Well I'll be darned.

SEE SENTENCE BENEATH FORUM TITLE AT THE TOP
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No opinions

AON8Hk9.jpg
  • Was really struggling getting into Octopath. First demo turned me off enough to put it aside and never get back to it, started the prologue demo and could not find a character/story I wanted to start with at all.

Picked Tressa this morning as I hadn’t tried her yet, and I’m now starting to really dig it. She’s a really good character to begin with, VO is great, character is cool and works as a good protaginist (like any good JRPG she’s a small town character with a heart of gold wanting adventure - stop me if you’ve heard this one before) and her ability so far seems neat.

Plus it’s nice to use a character class I wouldn’t normally go for.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    What’s her character class? I haven’t tried either of the demos. Looking forward to getting stuck in this weekend.
    Get schwifty.
  • She’s a Merchant, which again, I wouldn’t even consider adding to my party. Must have been influenced watching videos of moonlighter... that game looks cool.
  • Pato Box out today.  Must resist.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    She’s a Merchant, which again, I wouldn’t even consider adding to my party. Must have been influenced watching videos of moonlighter... that game looks cool.

So I've been playing as the scholar and
    Spoiler:
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I didn't think much of it myself but Warframe is apparently coming to Switch.
  • I’m a little confused.
    I’ve been given an eshop pre paid card as a gift.
    I scratched the thing off, went to the eshop and redeem code.
    But it says it needs to be 16 digits and what I have on the card is only 8...am I being stupid here and missing something obvious?
  • After some Googling, looks like its an issue with the cards that Sainsbury's sell.
    But seems to have been going on for a couple of years and somehow not been fixed, so now have to contact Nintendo support to sort it out. Bit of a piss take tbh.
  • Take heart that Sony would of made it worse the cunts
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's it those you can enter online and they work?
  • Bought that pocket rumble game for £7
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I’m getting a feeling from early previews Octopath Traveller won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. I’m really enjoying it myself, but can already see people getting tired of the 8x separate starting chapters, and apparently even 40+ hours in, there still isn’t any main quest tying all the characters together, and in fact they don’t even interact all that much with each other. Seems more like one focussing on systems and battles etc rather than story?

Which suits me fine, FF3 remake on the DS is one of my favourite RPGs of all time. But story is such an important part of RPGs for so many, can imagine it’ll be getting lots criticism if true.
  • I don’t really get “RPGs” at all. They seem to contain so many contradictions as games that I can’t really fathom the appeal.

If people are into story why have patience for something that gatekeeps the story behind a lot of work. (I imagine it’s like reading a book but having to do ten dumbbell curls between pages).

If people are into clever battles the. Why as a percentage are the battles mundane compared to the number that stumbles you.

It’s as a whole really weird.
  • Because some people like more than one thing?

Anyway, time spent playing gives more investment in the characters, which gives through story more impact.

Still, most JRPGs look like utter wank to my eyes.
  • These are all true. I personally like having a party of heroes, and going on quests together to beat a big bad, level up and get new gear. The 'end of the world' story progression is quite a nice buildup, and if done right you also care more about the characters the further in you get as AJ says, which raises the stakes I guess.

Turn based battles also suit me because there's a nice pace to them, you grind through loads of small encounters that get easier as you go, and fight off a big bad near the end of a chapter/dungeon where you struggle to keep your party alive, but also show off all your cool new skills and stats.

I also love the design of most RPGs. My favourite being the slightly chibi style of old FF sprites and something like bravely default/persona Q etc.

These would all be a turn off for most people, I don't for a second think most people would prefer any of this over most other genres...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!