Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You can look 50, a lot of places I've been to in the US won't serve you without I'd, regardless of how old you look.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yup indeed
  • Ah, cool - cheers for the advice.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sure you'll be fine Grem.
  • And take your passport for sure. We got id'd in Seattle and they wouldn't take our drivers license. We took to taking our passports everywhere.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Sure you'll be fine Grem.
    To be honest I'd imagine that they'll hear the accent and immediately assume that I'll get violent if they don't immediately serve me alcohol.
  • I was in a group with a few fellas in their 40s and late 50s, all of us had to show ID to get in, although UK driving license was fine.
  • I think weed is legal in California now Grem, get the kids some edibles.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    This time next week I'll be in Sorrento, Italy to photograph my sister's wedding. Haven't been to Italy since I was in high school and never this far south.  Really looking forward to it.
    That's where we had our honeymoon. Amazing place. Get yourself round the Amalfi coast and Capri too.
    Sister just sent me this: ldZdpFx.jpg
    You have a +1 right? ;)

Amusingly, I don't.  I only got an invite as the photographer.  So the missus isn't quite enjoying the itinerary updates as I am.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I think weed is legal in California now Grem, get the kids some edibles.

It is, but the infrastructure and licensing arrangements aren't in place yet to sell outside of the current medical dispensaries. You can smoke it, just not buy it unless you have a MMJ card.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    This time next week I'll be in Sorrento, Italy to photograph my sister's wedding. Haven't been to Italy since I was in high school and never this far south.  Really looking forward to it.
    That's where we had our honeymoon. Amazing place. Get yourself round the Amalfi coast and Capri too.
    You have a +1 right? ;)

Amusingly, I don't.  I only got an invite as the photographer.  So the missus isn't quite enjoying the itinerary updates as I am.

You only got an invite to your sisters wedding as the photographer?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    Oh, are you in LA at a Saturday night? There's the Eat See Hear festival going till somewhere in September I think, outdoor movie every Saturday. They have loads of food trucks, live music before the film and it's a fun night out.

Yeah, we arrive on a Saturday.

Holy shit! It's Raiders of the Lost Ark on at La Cienaga Park - that's a must do, thanks for the tip.
    That's a good one, might go there myself too. Same night as Shabazz Palaces plays somewhere else in the city, so still undecided.

We went to Top Gun last night, it really is a good night out. People of all ages go there, everyone 's just chilling, some people are taking a quick nap before the movie starts, some good food trucks around, dogs are allowed. They said last night it's the biggest inflatable screen in the West Coast, and only they have it. It's great to see the intro of Top Gun while the sky behind the screen turns orange as well.
    Bring your own drinks and snacks, we had a couple of beers with us and that was fine. They don't sell them at the food trucks. There's usually one that does coffee, one that does smoothies, one or two that do sweets (cupcakes, ice cream, pancakes) and the rest is food.
    Also try and bring some warm clothes (it cools down when the sun sets, but I will have it cold as soon as that happens, or if there's wind) and a blanket /some cushions to make yourself more comfortable. Most people will bring beach chairs as this is what people do here so they have the right tools. There's still people that just wrap themselves in a blanket /sleeping bag so depends on how easy your are. We only had a blanket first time, and that was on pavement. This one is in a grassy lawn, so that's a lot better.

About the passport, yes, it's about id-ing for alcohol. I was the only one under 30 at the time, they could read our birth dates on the Dutch license, but even the manager wouldn't take it. It's just that people really need their jobs, and I can imagine not wanting to lose your job at a restaurant that's connected to Disneyland. If we were mystery guests that guy would have failed and that's a bad thing here.
    Just easier to bring your passport, that's always accepted.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    You have a +1 right? ;)
    You only got an invite to your sisters wedding as the photographer?

Aye she's doing a quiet one in Italy n then having the party back here later.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Speaking of Italy, any suggestions for thing to see/do in the Venice region?
    Excepting Super T on tap, cause' that's going to make up for at least a third of my trip...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What type of stuff are you after? There is a ton of stuff to do in Venice itself, then you have the outer islands like murano. It's also not particularly far from the dolomites or Verona if you can hire a car for a day or two.
  • Made it to the hotel late last night. Minibus from the airport was a nightmare, taking over 2 hours due to traffic and shitty back roads. Slept well though so that's a plus. Showered, fed and about to head out into a heat wave!
  • Wife and I did a day train ride to Verona, was good.some crazy fascist-looking guy was on with us though and kept staring and grimacing and stuff and was a bit scary. Really weird. 

Piazza San Marco at night is great, never sleeps, so just spend time sitting chilling and waking around!

I liked going to the east end of the main island, some locals and stuff and a nice park. Loved just walking around.

A gondola ride on Great Canal is damn expensive but can be nice. Otherwise it's nice hanging around Rialto Bridge. 

Love Venice, would love to go again.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • UjNl8OX

Haven't posted a pic from tablet yet so this probably won't work.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    @Goober - The dolomites sound amazing, but I don't think it's on the 'itenary'...

@Elf - Definitely willing to take a gondola ride. Guessing we won't have the same problem with fascists, but I hear a lot about north Italy...

Anyway, so far, Trieste and Tenants draught sound well worth the time...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    UjNl8OX.jpeg

Haven't posted a pic from tablet yet so this probably won't work.

add .jpeg

• Cheers, temp. 

Boat trip was today. Wasn't on it as I was ill.  Gutted but would have been horrendous if I'd chanced it and gone along.
  • Bummer.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Literally?
  • Speaking of Italy, any suggestions for thing to see/do in the Venice region? Excepting Super T on tap, cause' that's going to make up for at least a third of my trip...

Venice as a whole is a delight, but rather than aiming for specific points you'll have the most fun just wandering the streets and getting a bit lost, then stumbling on random gems and ace wee bars/restaurants. Though saying that, do make sure to get into the Basilica on San Marco Piazza, as it's a sight to behold.
  • Queues for the cathedral were so long that we didn't bother when we were there. Went into Doge's palace instead. Which was ok.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Such wow?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    So history!
  • Going Marlin fishing in late August with my ex boss and ex colleague.
    La Gomera near Tenerife.
    I got a call off my old boss today - "Panty, do you want the good news or the bad news?"
    Go on, what.
    "Well the boat I've booked sank two days ago. The good news is we've got a bigger boat".

I'm not worried about the boat sinking to be honest I'm more worried that he's bringing his 69+ yr old EastEnd gangster mate that has done time for murder, the same guy broke a Russian MMA fighters jaw earlier this year 2 days before a bout.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Strong.

I ended up with a free trip round the Galapagos cos the ship we were meant to be on sunk the night before we were due to board.  Fun times.  No MMA fighters involved there tho :-)
  • Panty goes Extreme fishing with Don:
    "Shut up, cunt. You louse. You got some fuckin' neck ain't you. Retired? Fuck off, you're revolting. Look at your suntan, it's leather, it's like leather man, your skin. We could make a fucking suitcase out of you. Like a crocodile, fat crocodile, fat bastard. You look like fucking Idi Amin, you know what I mean? Stay here? You should be ashamed of yourself. Who do you think you are? King of the castle? Cock of the walk?"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!