Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You can use his kitchen and bathroom.
  • Lol. Forgive me, I’m still sore from that incident.
    I hear caravans can be lovely.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Does being pissed in Edinburgh count as a holiday? If so. Then. Whuuuuu
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Does being pissed in Edinburgh count as a holiday? If so. Then. Whuuuuu

Fuck yeah Mother Hubbard!
  • In Ubud now, or just outside anyway. Chedi Club resort. They overbooked or something and the family villa we were supposed to have is taken... so they upgraded us to what was previously the owner’s villa for free...

http://www.ghmhotels.com/en/tanah-gajah/accommodation/hadiprana-villa/
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Oh nice one. Free upgrade!

I’m supposed to be taking the family to France on Friday, keep reading the horror stories of 4/5/6 hour queues at the eurotunnel and dreading it with two toddlers in a hot car.
    If it’s the morning of travel and the queuing hasn’t been sorted out I’m calling it a day on the holiday and cancelling.
    I don’t want to go as is, the thought of sitting in a queue for half the day before I even face an 8 hour drive across the country is just the worst.

We have had nothing but trouble visiting my wife’s family recently, we’ve had cancelled flights off the island, we’ve faced delays for days on end due to fog and mechanical faults. We had last Christmas which was a stomach virus followed by a weeks delay home due to the hurricane followed by a 10 hour ferry ride on the roughest seas I’ve ever known with all of us vomiting non stop.

No trip has ever gone smoothly and without a tonne of extra hassle and expense and I’m dreading what horrors await us on this one.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think your holidays should be divided up among more appreciative badgers. If you have any days around the end of October I'll have those thx.
  • Happily. I’ve had two holidays I’ve really enjoyed. One was skiing where I was able to spend days on end lost off piste in Silent snow covered mountains and the other was a week living with a group of like minded martial artists in a beautiful farmhouse training for 10 hours a day :)
  • Oh hang on, I’m also forgetting the holiday visiting Elm in Vegas! That was amazing fun too!
  • So three holidays.
  • Traffic in Indonesia is stupid. Also, I was expecting lovely views on the way from airport to Ubud. Instead, in a hornet of over 1 hour, we hardly saw anything but buildings and houses by the roadside. So built up everywhere. 

Also also disappointed that the weather is overcast and rainy here and the rice had been harvested recently by the resort so paddies don’t look scenic. 

Still. Our own jacuzzi and pool and butler service will have to do.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Traffic in Indonesia is stupid. Also, I was expecting lovely views on the way from airport to Ubud. Instead, in a hornet of over 1 hour, we hardly saw anything but buildings and houses by the roadside. So built up everywhere. 

Also also disappointed that the weather is overcast and rainy here and the rice had been harvested recently by the resort so paddies don’t look scenic. 

Still. Our own jacuzzi and pool and butler service will have to do.

I hear traffic is bad in that part of the world. Probably why I will never visit. Have enough of traffic at home! Lol
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Oh hang on, I’m also forgetting the holiday visiting Elm in Vegas! That was amazing fun too!

Can we have the photos again?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh nice one. Free upgrade!

I’m supposed to be taking the family to France on Friday, keep reading the horror stories of 4/5/6 hour queues at the eurotunnel and dreading it with two toddlers in a hot car.
    If it’s the morning of travel and the queuing hasn’t been sorted out I’m calling it a day on the holiday and cancelling.
    I don’t want to go as is, the thought of sitting in a queue for half the day before I even face an 8 hour drive across the country is just the worst.

We have had nothing but trouble visiting my wife’s family recently, we’ve had cancelled flights off the island, we’ve faced delays for days on end due to fog and mechanical faults. We had last Christmas which was a stomach virus followed by a weeks delay home due to the hurricane followed by a 10 hour ferry ride on the roughest seas I’ve ever known with all of us vomiting non stop.

No trip has ever gone smoothly and without a tonne of extra hassle and expense and I’m dreading what horrors await us on this one.

I am also EuroTunnelling to France on Friday. See you in the queue maybe?! What time you crossing?
  • I think about 11am? Which means probably Sunday
  • We should hang a Badger flag from the roof so we can spo each other in the queue
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hah. 10:36 for me :-)
  • So been reading more about the queues at Folkestone and the long 5 hour wait because the air con systems can’t handle the heat.
    If the week cools down nicely and people are able to get across with minimal delays then great however if the temperature does get back up to the 30’s by Thursday next week and the queues haven’t been sorted I’m cancelling the holiday.

I’m not having to deal with a 2 hour drive to sit in a 5 hour queue to have a 35 minute crossing before a 9 hour drive to go on a holiday for 7 days that I don’t want and then do the same in reverse a week later.

My wife will probably threaten me with divorce for making her miss the family holiday but nobody else in her family has to put up with the travel effort we do.

So by next weekend expect to either see a post of me and a happy family in France or a post about my impending divorce.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's "only" forecasting mid to high 20s for the next week, so hopefully should all be ok
  • Fingers crossed
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m having a holiday.  It’s a stay at home holiday.  I haven’t had a going away holiday since the millennium broke.  It’s okay, though, as I live on the edge of a seaside town with beaches and coastal walks and all that good stuff.  Only had one week off at Christmas last year, so this feels long overdue.  I’m very undemanding of my holidays; sitting in the garden and reading a good book will do nicely.
    Get schwifty.
  • Sounds Perfect!
    Can I come?
  • Sounds Perfect!
    Can I come?

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I have a spare couple of deckchairs.
    Get schwifty.
  • I’m on my way. Pm me directions
  • Sounds Perfect! Can I come?
    Sounds Perfect! Can I come?
    Raiziel wrote:
    I have a spare couple of handkerchiefs.
  • Woke up half an hour ago to an earthquake. M6.4, in nearby Lombok.

Thought I’d quickly check some news. Thunderstorm in Uk, fire in Blackwell Tunnel and lengthy queues for holidaymakers. ITZ THE END OF TIMES!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Eek glad you're ok, that's a big quake, fatalities reported
  • Aye, just read that 13 dies and scores injured.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Ubud is one of my fave places ever. Go there.
    Absolutely. An amazing place.

Out of interest, what did you like in Ubud? I’m not too impressed so far. Congested little town with not much to see apart from a couple of temples. Monkey Forest (which others recommended too) was a bit shit (just a bunch of annoying macaques and temples are closed). But I’m looking forward to doing the Campuhan Ridge Walk which starts in Ubud and goes in for 9km or so. If I get time and get away from wife and kids. 

Gonna take a car tomorrow and go see a volcano and lake in north Bali, rice terraces and some more temples and maybe a village or two.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!