Holidays
  • D24_E3316_12_D1_483_C_B8_CB_B0_C5_DAE855_FF.jpg

The hubris of a very unrealistic English Summer finally rears its head.
  • Getting closer to our family holiday.
    Really getting nervous now, wish we didn’t have to go.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Relax and enjoy it. It's going to happen, try to be in the moment. Maybe do some mindfulness?
    If you think this is going to be X days of unrelenting hell, then you will make it that.
  • I’ve decided I’m gonna enjoy it once I’m there, I’ve told myself that I’ll tolerate it and put on the best smile I can and hopefully I’ll have some fun too.
    If not I’ve got my laptop and Dark souls plus my Switch.

It’s just the idea of travelling, driving all that way and the inconvienace of staying in unfamiliar places that I hate.
    Getting away with small children isn’t a holiday, it’s parenting in an unconveinant place
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    D24_E3316_12_D1_483_C_B8_CB_B0_C5_DAE855_FF.jpg

The hubris of a very unrealistic English Summer finally rears its head.

This might be the most accurate representation of everything that’s happening in this shitshow of a country at the moment.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Wookie, just think when your kids are grown and gone, you won't be able to have holidays like this. Try to enjoy it, and think how much it means to you wife.
  • I know. It’s why I’m doing it. It’s all for them. When they’ve grown up I can go on the holidays I want.
  • Goodbye Chedi Club. If anyone goes to Ubud in the future, I highly recommmed The Chedi Club. Fantastic resort, great service from very friendly staff. The head chef is great, comes out every meal time and talks to all guests. Makes bespoke meals if requested. Such a nice guy. And the food itself is amazing. 

Hello Ritz Carlton. We are now in a beach resort in Nusa Dua. Issues with booking already, will have to get in touch with travel agent. Now having lunch by sea. HOW MUCH?! Fuck these prices. Wonder why it’s so expensive here when rest of Inodnesia has been cheap or decently priced.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You're in Bali in the Ritz Carlton and you're wondering why it's so expensive?
  • It also seems more than other 5* beach resorts I’ve been to.
  • I know. It’s why I’m doing it. It’s all for them. When they’ve grown up I can go on the holidays I want.
    Also, as the boys get older family holidays become much more fun and relaxing. Toddlers on holiday are not that much fun.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I’m
    Gremill wrote:
    I know. It’s why I’m doing it. It’s all for them. When they’ve grown up I can go on the holidays I want.
    Also, as the boys get older family holidays become much more fun and relaxing. Toddlers on holiday are not that much fun.

I’m in a foul mood today due to a shit night last night, a crappy nights sleep and then waking up desperate for a shit and finding out once again that the wife didn’t get toilet paper on the weekly shop yesterday (she NEVER checks it, I’m gonna have to stockpile)
    So after I run out to the shops she starts on “have you done this, have you organised that? Have you started packing? Have you prepared the car?” all for the holiday Friday.
    I really really don’t wanna think about it, the thought of going right now just feels me with so much dread. I can’t bare the idea of driving for two days followed by a week of madness with the inlaws and all the kids in a hot place (I don’t like heat) only to drive for another two days back.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Look on the bright side. The car might break down on the way and you'll have to try and fix it in the midday sun then do the rest of the trip crammed in a bus with a load of locals and their chickens.
  • There's probably a market for that with Netflix docuseries....
    Peter3C
  • For Wookie...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • For the last few years I’ve pretty much been Clark Griswold, trying my hardest to deliver holiday experiences and Christmas vacations to visit family but always ending up with everything going horribly wrong.

Now I’ve developed a fear of family holidays as they always tend to explode in my face.
  • I am such a spa whore. Got a special offer from hotel so I’m gonna go gym, use sauna and jacuzzi etc, then have an hour long Balinese massage followed by a 45 min facial.

Might get a 2hr couple’s massage on Saturday after dropping off kids to the kids club.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They are so cheap over there it would be rude not to.
  • My wife went for so many over the holiday, we have lost count. Ritz-Carlton not cheap but spa and facilities look great, we can’t help ourselves.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    If I see somebody punching their car on Le Shuttle tomorrow, weng-chun style, I'll be like yo wookie what up
  • Haha. Look out for me, I’ll be the one screaming into the air whilst standing in the roof of a Zafira
  • My steak was shit. Cheap cut. Fuck half board menus. 

I’m going for a Wagyu tenderloin from the a la carte menu tomorrow. See how it compares to the amazing one I had in Chedi Club Ubud.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Time for me to pack = time for me to procrastinate wildly
  • Back up to London tomorrow for the semi-finals of the Hockey world cup.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Ive been trying to pack whilst solo parenting all day.
    So far I’ve put 12 pairs of pants in a bag.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Need to work out what 3DS / Vita shizznit to take
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Ive been trying to pack whilst solo parenting all day. So far I’ve put 12 pairs of pants in a bag.

Sounds like you're ready to go.  Good job.
  • FYI - that's the recommended packing list for a one night Regstock.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So we think our youngest may have chickenpox

FMAL
  • Oh man, the night before a holiday? That’s typically the kind of thing that happens to me.
    I’m waiting to be woken in the middle of the night with a stream of toddler vomit

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!