Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Try fugu in many disreputable places.
  • Fuggedaboutit
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Friend is off to Japan for a month or something silly. As jealous as i am, amazing suggestions would be welcomed

Pffft, just a month. What a pleb.

Where are they going? I'm guessing they're getting a rail pass. If not, then they should!!
  • Just 5 more days to go and counting until I get to go home!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Arrived in Stanstead (well, actually, a hotel at the Bishop Stortford services) and it’s stupidly warm. Need to find somewhere to eat tonight that isn’t in the services and has decent beer on tap and then it’s up at 3am for the trip to the airport.

Drive down wasn’t too bad - no traffic to speak of really, but fuck me what is it with the drivers this far south? As soon as we passed Leeds it was like everyone forgot how to drive safely and just thought, fuck it, fuck you, fuck the road rules. Utter cunts everywhere.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • That's probably them immigrants Grem, they won't integrate into our way of driving so we fucked the future of the country into the bin to take our roads back.

You don't get them in Scotland because they aren't used to the cold, they don't like it so don't invade you. Also they can't understand the accents. Liverpudlian can only be understood by their best and brightest, but they can't spread any further north.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Gremill wrote:
    Arrived in Stanstead (well, actually, a hotel at the Bishop Stortford services) and it’s stupidly warm. Need to find somewhere to eat tonight that isn’t in the services and has decent beer on tap and then it’s up at 3am for the trip to the airport.

Drive down wasn’t too bad - no traffic to speak of really, but fuck me what is it with the drivers this far south? As soon as we passed Leeds it was like everyone forgot how to drive safely and just thought, fuck it, fuck you, fuck the road rules. Utter cunts everywhere.

Ah you’re down my way, I grew up that way and you’re right. People drive like utter cuntbags.
    Lots of lovely places to eat though. I used to have lots of favourite places but most are a bit of a drive from Bishops Stortford
  • Aye, there’s a few places to eat in BS - but looking for anything fancy, just some half decent pub grub.
  • I’ve had a few good meals at a place called The Lemon Tree (mostly dates)
    I’ve also enjoyed the Coach and Horses.
    Heard good things about The Prickly Pear too.
  • We’re in the Coach & Horses! Its quite nice - exactly what I was looking for.
  • Oh good! Enjoy! :)
  • On a slightly different note, the weather has started to cool slightly and we have thunderstorms predicted for the early hours of Wednesday morning, again Wednesday evening and all day Thursday. I can’t wait! Love a good storm and anything that cools down the relentless oppressive heat is more than welcome.
  • Jesus fucking Christ whoever designed the Ryanair self drop bag system needs to be tortured to death.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Isn't that what the experience of flying on Ryanair is?
  • I've read that on jet2 flights they play the music from their ad, the aural ebola that is Jess Glynnes' "Hold My Hand" on the flight before takeoff, on repeat. Even during delays. That's some guantanamo shit.
  • There was an almighty storm last night that helped break this relentless heat.
    I left the huge window above my bed open and was woken rather suddenly at 2am by the loudest crack of thunder directly above the house.

The thunder didn’t wake anyone else apparantly.
    However they all woke up because they heard me leap 6ft into the air whilst shouting “MOTHERFUCKINGJESUSFUCKWHATTHEFUCKILLFIGHTYOUFUCK!!”
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Outdoor laser combat (which was really fucking good) straight into an afternoon of bodyboarding. I'm officially broken and my dodgy arthritic hip is not happy at all.

Worth it though.

qqebmg.jpg
  • How can your hips be sore when you are just a floating head?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This is true
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    How can your hips be sore when you are just a floating head?
    I would’ve posted that if you hadn’t.

Arrived in Salzburg, sweltering in 30 degree heat. Picked up our hire car, which the company upgraded for us for free, and we’re now driving around in a huge jet black, tinted windows, 7 seater ST spec Ford S-Max. It’s like Burt Macklins FBI work car and for something so huge it goes like shit off a shovel!

Spent the afternoon at a local swimming complex, three huge pools, 10m diving platforms, splash pools for the kids and locally brewed nectar of the gods lager ‘Steigel’ on tap for £3 a pint. Heaven.

Got to the apartment and apparently we’re the first people to ever have stayed in it - it’s immaculate. Roomy, modern, smart TV and WiFi up the wazoo. It’s a ‘themed’ apartment too, guess what the theme is?

7042_DBAD-_CDF8-4539-_A89_C-66_ABB611_A648.jpg

At the moment, the hills are certainly alive with the sound of an almighty fucking thunderstorm - like nothing I’ve seen or heard before, it’s amazing.

That’s day 1 - tomorrow my son becomes a 13 year old and we’re off to the Alps to celebrate at a lakeside leisure area. Swimming, beers and cured meats await!
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Outdoor laser combat (which was really fucking good) straight into an afternoon of bodyboarding. I'm officially broken and my dodgy arthritic hip is not happy at all. Worth it though. qqebmg.jpg
    Where can I purchase these action figures?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • ...also, sounds like you've landed on your feet there Grem.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That pic is fucking fantastic Franny.
  • I don't recall him looking like that in Ghost Recon...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    :D

Good stuff Grem. Internet is flaky here so I'm behind on alot of the forum. Hope everyone is having good hols.

• Have a fantastic time Gremill. I love Salzburg but have only been there in the winter.

If you wouldn’t mind, when you return, could you give some details about some of the places you visited?

Don’t forget to go and buy some proper Mozartkugel from Cafe Furst.
  • Skondo wrote:
    Have a fantastic time Gremill. I love Salzburg but have only been there in the winter.

If you wouldn’t mind, when you return, could you give some details about some of the places you visited?

Don’t forget to go and buy some proper Mozartkugel from Cafe Furst.

Yeah, will do. This is our 4th or 5th time here (my brother in law lives here) so we’re looking for different stuff to do every time - we always come in the summer, never been in winter yet.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Our French week has been really nice so far. But rainy today so we're going to go for a mooch, but swimming in our pool every day so far and even or littlest has been happily floating about (which is unprecedented!)

We've also discovered a pizza place, a creperie, and an Italian ice cream place all within a two minute walk, despite being in a sleepy little village with a population of about 20 (mainly cos there's a castle nearby, and hence a few day trippers). So food had been good!

Only two days to go though, so we're wishing we were staying longer & are already thinking about next hols. Need to win the lotto really though as can barely afford this one, and my wife had just quit her job :-/
  • Glad to hear you’re enjoying your French trip Muzzy.

I’m not particularly enjoying mine and very much looking forward to getting home.
    Half of the family troop have left now so it’s a bit quieter at least but now that I’ve finally got the freedom and ability to sit and chill peacefully for a while our WiFi has gone down. Tried everything but it’s a problem on the providers end so I’m stuck.
    Was really looking forward to some Netflix and some quiet time, having to use my limited 3G allowance to check the forum now.

Trouble I find on these trips is being around lots of other people, my wife loves it because she’s at her happiest when surrounded by family. I’m at my happiest when left alone and to my own devices,the longer I can go into the day without talking to anyone the better.

So last night my wife said my father in law was in a bit of a mood and didn’t want to BBQ (he tried a BBQ the other night, wouldn’t be told that he was doing it wrong, he fucked it and had to cook the rest under the grill) and she asked if I would do it.
    I did it my way instead, 3 hours uninterrupted. Built an old fashioned fire with scavanged kindling and tinder from the trees and old bits of firewood in the barn which I split using a sharp rock and a brick (couldn’t find an axe). Got the fire going nicely, added some leftover charcoal from the other nights attempt and then cooked the pork chops, sausages, burgers and steaks to perfection AND with perfect timing with the rest of bits in the oven.

Everyone agreed it was amazing. Told them that’s what happens when you just leave me and let me get on with it!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!