Holidays
  • Been left to order lunch on my own in an odd Buffet restaurant. No idea what I’ve asked for or what’s happening but I’ve paid for lunch.
    I think.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I seem to have been handed a steak. Which is good, as it’s what I wanted
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I want to know how tins day was and where he ate
  • This is the view from my lunch. Currently up a mountain, about to descent at 85kmph on a zip wire. Pray for me.
    14_CF47_C4-_AB29-48_CC-9_FAA-732_F19759_D15.jpg
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Wow Grem, nice!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • That's stunning.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Break a leg Grem
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Back in blighty :-(

Nice photo there
  • Gorgeous photo Grem!
    Very envious.
    I’m stuck in Calais, we got turned away as we were too early to check in.
    4 minutes too early.

All earlier trains are full so now we have a 2 hour wait.
    I’m so damn tired, been driving all day today and all day yesterday. Just wanna get home.
  • Zip wire down the mountain was super fun. It only took us half way down though - the rest of the way was traversed inoff-road 3 wheel karts on a very steep loose gravel track. Independent brakes on handlebars for each of the back wheels (meaning you can drift around corners if you feel suicidal) and a fairly rapid descent.

Now having a dip in a small pond and a few cold beers.
    197_E26_EA-_FB24-4_C0_B-_A4_F5-926268_AC96_D2.jpg
    A3_E30_F4_B-16_EF-4_C32-_A99_F-5_FC46_A6_B23_A1.jpg
  • Oh man that sounds awesome.
    You’re a man who clearly knows how to holiday!
  • Bossing it, Grem. Amazing scenes.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I want to know how tins day was and where he ate

We sadly didn’t eat anywhere exciting as my wife’s been ill the whole time we’ve been here so far.
    We have however seen many things (Attack Ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...). Highlights so far have been: Alice Fraser - Ethos, a stand up routine in which she attempts to teach an AI about humanity; John Hegley being John Hegley, “No one is coming to save you” -a vaguely experimental 2 hander which felt a little like waking from a bad dream, and the expression on my daughters face when Terry Alderton persuaded an audience member to lick the sweat of his bald head.

We also saw some truly dreadful stuff, but that’s kind of entertaining in its own way...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes but where did you eat
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    As an aside, we are off to the botanics tonight for piano music and apparently Amanda Palmer has decided to show up so now we have to be there 45 mins early
  • regmcfly wrote:
    As an aside, we are off to the botanics tonight for piano music and apparently Amanda Palmer has decided to show up so now we have to be there 45 mins early

I saw her hubby wandering around with their son yesterday, I saw him last time I was here as well oddly.

So far we have mainly eaten in the apartment, and a bit of grabbing stuff from stalls as we legged it from one spot to the other.  I did try to persuade them to head to the pizzeria after visiting the book festival/comics fair this afternoon, but the kids rebelled due to the rain...
  • Im in a tent!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Me too
  • Wookies French Odyssey is still going... we left the holiday home in the south of France on Saturday at 10am. We’re now U.K. side and still another hour and a half away from home. I’m exhausted
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm sitting 10 feet across from Neil Gaiman as his wife is about to play and I can't stop looking at his bearded face.
  • Ask him if he’s gone clear.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Spent the night creepin on him and eventually spoke to him at the end about Norse Mythology
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Straight back to work for me today

* weeps *
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You make it back ok in the end, wookie?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Spent the night creepin on him and eventually spoke to him at the end about Norse Mythology

How was he?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    You make it back ok in the end, wookie?

I did indeed! Finally got home at 9pm last night, straightto bed and up for work, about to leave in a minute :(
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

How was he?

Lovely. Quietly spoken
  • Got back home late last night after a fairly chaotic couple of days.  We didn't get to have a nice chat with Neil Gaiman, but I did spend Sunday night with a mask strapped to my face as Nina Conti's latest ventriloquist's dummy, which was pretty memorable.  (This triggered a discussion within my family as to why it's always me that gets hauled up for these things.  My wife says it's because I look engaged, but not too engaged.  My youngest tells me it's because I'm always wearing stupid t-shirts (Space Invaders for Conti).  They're probably both right.)  I can tell you that those masks are remarkably uncomfortable.  (Link for anyone unaware of what I'm talking about.)

My wife did get well enough that we queued up to go to Ting Thai Caravan - we waited quite a while to get in, and then one of the kids declared they didn't want to eat there after all.  I shall just have to return without the kids in the not too distant future...

Otherwise, we had a great time - we learned to speak dragon, saw a man with a shrinking hand before loudly insisting on his colleague's right to yodel, watched my daughter completely lose it laughing at Police Cops in Space (she's the sort of kid who rarely cracks up, so it's an absolute delight when she does), watched comedians play boardgames, and saw pretty much the full spectrum of performers, ranging from utter drivel to inspired excellence, and all points in between.  Now got a few days rest, before we pack our bags again for a short trip to Lake Garda...
  • Sounds like a grand family trip was had, food poisoning not withstanding.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Sounds like a great trip :) and I love Nina Conti, have a big of a weird crush on her.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!