PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Hulka T wrote:
    Im doing so bad its ridiculous, was so excited. Its like losing my virginity all over again.

Yeah we get it, you've had sex. #humblebrag
  • Cosby wrote:
    Hulka T wrote:
    Im doing so bad its ridiculous, was so excited. Its like losing my virginity all over again.
    Yeah we get it, you've had sex. #humblebrag
    Only 50 quid as well :)
  • I was looking forward to an update. :(
  • As a change for internationals week, I'm handing over to Roy Hodgson, England manager for the weekly round-up.

roy-hodgson-face-5.jpg

"Hello Gary, and hello to all our viewers at home. Delighted to be here as always. We're here to win, and I'll be doing everything I can to ensure that we do. It won't be easy though, San Marino are no mugs and only a fool would bet against them getting behind our defense a couple of times. We need to be sharp, and we need to be with it. We're taking nothing for granted, a draw would still be a good result in the context of the group. Obviously a win would be preferable, but I don't deal in 'would be preferable', I deal in results. I'd prefer to win every game, but of course we know it would be foolhardy to assume that victory will just be handed out on a plate. Anyway, moving on..."

week4_zpsqgokpfvc.png

"A league table. We've all seen them, we've all studied them. You don't get as far as I've got in professional football without knowing what a league table is. Sometimes you look at them with joy, as I did back in the late 70's in Scandinavia and sometimes with horror, as I did at Liverpool during the brief period I was allowed to be in charge, before some rather rebellious sections of the support rather unfairly ousted me from my position just as I felt I was beginning to turn it round. Anyway...."

""You can learn a lot from a league table, mainly where you stand in it. They say the table never lies ... I'm not sure I agree with that personally but regardless it is a fact that they do say it. If we follow the wisdom of that rather naive saying, in my opinion of course, we can see that adkm is out in front for the first time this season. 61 points? You can't argue with that, well you could, but I shan't."

"He's done very well, you know people often say that Scottish football isn't what it was, that the Scots don't produce the managers they used to but this lad's making a mockery of that assumption. They said the same to me when I took Norway's ladies to the quarter-finals, that it was somehow less impressive than Sir Alex Ferguson's record. I respect Sir Alex naturally, but he never had to work in Norway, and he never managed a ladies team. For a Scotsman to come down here, to our Fantasy Football league and do so well, I'm delighted. I feel vindicated, you don't have to be a johnny foreigner-type with fancy coaching techniques and a host of 'mindgames' to succeed. Or a mind."

"You hear a lot about these foreign managers, how you can only hire a foreigner for a top job these days, well this boy adkm has proved them wrong about that. Excellent. Technically you could say he is a foreigner, being Scottish - but I've got more in common with a Scotsman than I do an Iraqi, or a Nigerian phone-scammer. Hence why I was taken in by that Nigerian on the phone last week. Say what you like about the Scots, I've never had a Glaswegian do that to me. Where was I? Oh yes..."

"In 2nd place, well I do believe it's Hylian Elf isn't it? I haven't the skills of reading a league table like I used to but I'm almost certain it is. Well done to him. Gamermike in third place? You better watch out there Mike, if it's anything like what happened to me in my career your chairman might not accept that you're doing your best and that things will pick up, and he'll bloody fire you. Bastards these chairmen."

"Moving down the table ... 16th place, Danchester United? Ho-ho-ho, he'll not be long for the job at this rate. Not these days, they used to give you time as a manager but in today's go-go football culture they don't. I won the Uzbekistani Cup in 1977 and was that good enough for Liverpool's board over thirty years later? I ask you, ridiculous the way the game is these days. No patience in the modern game."

"I mean if I were to lose to San Marino on Saturday, would that make me a loser? And if we won, would I be great again? And if I drew? The answer is no, to all questions. No."

"That's all I have to say on the matter - no. But we go on Gary, we go on to San Marino."

"The public will be expecting an easy win but I wouldn't want to get their hopes up, so again I'll say no. No we won't. Obama campaigned on the, to my mind, hopelessly naive slogan of 'yes we can' - but it's not the Roy Hodgson way. If you asked me 'Roy, can we?' I'd have to say maybe y'know, theoretically we could, but what if we don't? It'd be foolish to assume we're going to do it to them, but they're not going to try and do it to us. So no, we can't. That would be my answer, but of course we could."

"I've lost my train of thought...."

roy-hodgson-press-2.ashx?as=1&db=web&h=349&thn=0&w=620&c=gallery

Thanks Roy. Cleared a few things up for us.
  • Very tight league, there's nothing in it.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Anyone wildcarding after the window has shut?
  • Loving this.

Unfortunately the great firewall makes it prohibitively hard for me to log in and change my team...so I'm dropping points. Might have to get that sorted this week.
  • Great stuff LD.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I have very slid, last week for rid of Blasé who hasn't appeared yet to make the money to bring Aguero back, bad move given he had a stormer, will pick up decent firm as the Cherries start to climb the table and turn performances into points
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Wow!  What a weekend, it won't last but for now i'm getting a nosebleed...
  • Ooft. On Saturday night I was in 2nd place.
  • So disappointed with myself at changing my captain. Would've been top of i hadn't. 

Also, De Gea is back. Fucker kept out my keeper Romero. Gonna need to do a transfer.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hmm... i was 5th last game week, this week i scored more points than the 4 people directly above me, and i'm 7th... :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Clearly didn't score more enough and the ones below you scored more than you enough.
  • Its a marathon not a sprint, Im currently Mourinhihoinging it in 14th :(
  • These guys are rubbish compared to me
    Sam Allardyce. 16 September. Updated at 12:34

606850063.jpg

As I glance at the Bear and Badger Fantasy Football table with disdain, I'm reminded of something the great Sir Alex Ferguson once said to me: "Sam, the rest of these jokers are a bunch of amateurs compared to the likes of me and you". As ever with Sir Alex, there was wisdom behind his inherent humble humanity, and it would be hard for anyone to argue with the man that the average Premier League Manager was just a fucking clown compared to titans of the game like me and him.

Just look at James Taylor, in first place (although frankly that's like winning first place in a competition no-one else even noticed was taking place) on 229 points. Now call me a cynic, or just a pragmatic old-fashioned football man, but with that squad he's been given James should be doing much more than that. 64 points? That's a fucking bare minimum for me. I won't dwell on personal attacks, but James if you're reading this - your showing so far is piss-poor and you're impressing no one leading the table at this stage, there's no prizes for being top in September you know son.

Moving on, or down, we come to Alex Walker in second place. Again, he's underachieving for my money but if we must go down the path of praising managers just for turning up then I guess I'll give the lad a certain amount of grudging respect for doing so well, for someone who clearly knows so little about the game.

It's only third place, but already we're already down to the dregs with Calvinball in 3rd position. For me the mere presence of this plank so high tells you something about the pathetic standards of management in the game since I left the profession.

The rest of the table, well, I mean you can barely call it a table can you? A random collection of has-been's and never-could-be's competing to see who can lose with the most dignity. And for me, dignity is on short supply with these losers. Saying that, you've got to point at the spectacular achievements of Dan Robson who with the funds at his disposal and the talents in his team, can't even manage to maintain the mid-table mediocrity he was passing off as an achievement before. Also, look at LarryDavid, now I know we've had a few dust-up's on the touchline and there's no love lost between us but 12th place? You are having a laugh, my son.

This sorry collection of sad sacks would be wise to take some advice from possibly the best manager of recent times, myself. Managing a team is all about focus, keep your eyes on the prize. What is the prize? Well, it changes from job to job, at some clubs it's avoiding relegation, at other's it may be playing football in a way that doesn't make fans want to scratch out their own eyeballs. Personally, I'd ignore the bleating of the fan base, they haven't got a bloody clue half of them, and I should know, I've had to put up with the moaning bastards time and again. "Sam, we're tired of having to keep craning our necks to see the ball", "Oh Big Sam, you healthy virile stud, why do you keep ballsing up the second half the season?", "Sam, get out of our club you loathsome fat prick" ... I've heard it all, the cries of sorrow and the cheers of glory and at this stage it's water off a duck's back. I keep on keeping on, I'm Big Sam, for better or worse and no bunch of no-mark 'supporters' will throw me off my targets.

Until next week, readers. I'm Big Sam and you fucking know it.

Sam Allardyce is a weekly columnist for the Evening Standard and a former manager of noted prestige. His forth-coming autobiography 'Wham! Bam! Thank You Big Sam - the words and wisdom of a football collosus' will be available from Pie n' Mash publishing in November (rrp £16.99).
  • I should probably take out Shaw.
  • Someone did that last night.
  • Ho ho ho!

I almost added him to my team last week!
  • So glad there wasn't an update for this last week.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Dammit, I bought Dier on Wednesday forgot to drop him in for James Morrison. Morrison had better either play a blinder or not be selected. Do you still get auto subs if one of firstveleven not selected
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Woohoo
  • Fucks sake, glad Spurs won but my fantasy team has taken a beating.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!