VITA!!!!
  • Pandora is amazing. Her low impact doesn't matter at all.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Maybe we should make an EG thread :p

I did the teeny cup international and, how I hate the teeny cup. First hole, got within 35cm, hit it too hard, then AGAIN from a similar distance. Ended up with bogey. I couldn't press and repress the button again fast enough for the teeniest of touchest required to sink the damn ball!
  • Pulled out a -6 on the teeny cup today. Hitting a bit of form
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • I, once again had a stinker on Maple Leaf. Not sure what's wrong with me on that course on international tourneys.

Using Pandora I managed a -12 on the Challenge Kagurayama, so I'm certain it's just a mental thing.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Any sign of the patch yet?for golf that is.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    ZMM wrote:
    Maybe we should make an EG thread :p

You really really should.  When a game gets this many posts it should have a dedicated thread.  It's the equivelant of me spamming Skyrim posts in the RPG thread.
    Get schwifty.
  • I guess the thing is that there's not a huge amount of games on Vita to talk about at the moment.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No, but it seems every time I come in here it's golf goLF GOLF.  Go on, treat yourself to a dedicated thread.  They are free, you know.
    Get schwifty.
  • What do you want us to go on about?
    Futuristic hover racing? Boy wizards? Tennis players? Deviants? Black and White death addicts? Nathan Drake? Blobs? Football?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    If there's nothing general to discuss it is ok to let this thread sink for a while.
    Get schwifty.
  • Noooooooo
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm sure E3 will give us a few things to chat/moan about in here.
    Get schwifty.
  • Mortal Kombat is good.

Not played loads of it yet but can say that the d-pad is nice for move inputs. Loads of modes and stuff but have mainly just been dicking about in the training mode to get a feel for the oh-so-many characters as not played MK for years.
    Live & PSN (Vita only) - MattTheSurveyor
  • I really, really, really hate hole 18 of Kagurayama. Really really really. Really.
  • ZMM wrote:
    I really, really, really hate hole 18 of Kagurayama. Really really really. Really.

Shit! I blew it on this hole today too.

Got stuck behind a tree beside the pond. Turned a -11 into a +1
  • I hate the hole with the tree and rock on the hill next to the green. Ended up scoring a +2 overall. Dreadful.

Not long til Gravity Rush comes out. Anyone else got a pre-order done?
  • No but was tempted by the cheapo Asda preorder. When's it out?
  • Shinji wrote:
    ZMM wrote:
    I really, really, really hate hole 18 of Kagurayama. Really really really. Really.
    Shit! I blew it on this hole today too. Got stuck behind a tree beside the pond. Turned a -11 into a +1

Holy crap, it's never gone that badly for me. Although I've probably would've ragequit even if I had been heading for a +4.
  • I am really really close to buying one. I just can't hold out any longer and have a £300 Amazon voucher burning a whole in my virtual wallet.

Is the browser really as shit as everyone says? Have they updated it for HTML5 support yet?
    Mainly I'll be buyng it for the PSP games I missed out on...but what should I really be playing?

They really need to make the PS2 games compatible.
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Bought one of these today along with Uncharted, Wipeout, Lumines and Everybody's Golf. It's currently charging, best get used to that.
  • Uncharted - pretty but ultimately a boring slog, Wipeout and Lumines are fine, EG is the star in that bunch.
  • The Vita is going to be returned for refund/credit. Only played for about twenty minutes which resulted in very sore eyes and chronic hand cramps. Must be my age.
  • That was an issue I suffered with the PSP. Have had no such problems with the Vita yet, and that's despite the awkward way you need to hold it to play FIFA due to the back panel activated shooting.
  • Still hugely enjoying my son's Vita. I agree that Uncharted is a bit of a flat note though. It plays well and looks lovely but the locations are very samey, and I do wonder if that's due to limited card memory space for graphical assets? Wipeout is still magnificent and Modnation works superbly for course building on two touch screens. Shame they didn't have time for online play though. But my son is most taken with Reality Fighters of all things. That Mr. Miyagi features in it also gave me a nostalgia hit. Rayman looks magnificent on the little screen as well.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Ali wrote:
    It plays well and looks lovely but the locations are very samey, and I do wonder if that's due to limited card memory space for graphical assets?

Symptom of a different developer? IIRC the first Uncharted was slightly less diverse in terms of scenery, despite not having space restrictions. I think there are larger cart sizes they could use if it was a problem for a portable sequel.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Ali wrote:
    It plays well and looks lovely but the locations are very samey, and I do wonder if that's due to limited card memory space for graphical assets?
    Symptom of a different developer? IIRC the first Uncharted was slightly less diverse in terms of scenery, despite not having space restrictions. I think there are larger cart sizes they could use if it was a problem for a portable sequel.

My thoughts exactly.
    I think Bend did a good job of getting something that FEELS like Uncharted on the Vita, I fully expect their next effort to be closer to Uncharted 2.
  • If anyone is interested, Playstation Access are giving away demo codes for Gravity Rush via Twitter today.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Not sure if this is a mistake, but I've just downloaded Everbody's Golf for £11.99.

EDIT: a quick search suggests there's a sale.

DOUBLE EDIT: Don't know how much it was or if it's any good, but ModNation is the same price.

MEGA EDIT: Metacritic 62 says I might not bother.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    If anyone is interested, Playstation Access are giving away demo codes for Gravity Rush via Twitter today.

Thanks am gonna wait for the real deal though. Don't want no spoilers as I get the impression this could be quite fun.

Uncharted was mildly enjoyable, I liked it. For a launch title it's pretty good I would say. Having great fun with wipeout beating my friends off their leader boards, no problems with headaches etc find ergonomics pretty nice, ultimately I needa nice slouched position with arm rests to put elbows and I'm off.
    Looking forward to some some nice big epic RPGs, the quality of the screen and the visuals the games create hold me with great anticipation of what's to come. Great bit of hardware if you ask me.
    Got Disgea 3 but if you ask me it's a psp game that's been bumped to the vita. Looks lacklustre and that story line everyone loves I feel is too childish and forced :s I want to do more and see more rather than pop into loads of pre-staged battles.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!