And what do you do? including linkedin if you like..
  • What do you do?

Whoops. Sorry missed this (edit: and not sure if it was directed at me anyway). Mediocre computer programmer. I don't use LinkedIn but plenty of my colleagues do. Social networking isn't my Cupid tea.
  • Nor is it my cup of tea.
  • Fair enough. Have they had any benefit from using it?
  • Fair enough. Have they had any benefit from using it?
    Dunno. It's mostly just another place to write about yourself on the internet, if you ask me.
  • Ah, so it's Facebook, but they can say 'Nooooooooo it's for work!'.
  • Its good for getting a scope of where people are in a company as to whether they are the right people to speak to.
    I use it a lot to keep in contact with people and make intros.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    If you're connected to me you're one degree away from David Morrisey. So there's that as well, um yeah.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I just got a new job purely because I joined LinkedIn.
  • Im crazy, apparently to disability. I make interactive things. Im not sure i want to make games but its an enthusing environment to get people to interact in

Last year i made a edge comp entry that went a bit like:

its a pile of wank to play, but its interesting. i think thats what i do
  • Its good for getting a scope of where people are in a company as to whether they are the right people to speak to.
    I use it a lot to keep in contact with people and make intros.

Rev hooked me up, he is a good boy *yes he is, yes he is! Belly rub? Ooohh have a belly rub you good boy!*
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I always found Linkedin really handy for keeping track of people when they move jobs etc, often this is when they become useful for opening doors to new business and this includes people you may have only met fleetingly but are a good business contact. It also separates my work life and my social life.

But I can see how people will see it and use it as facebook, its more a permanent C.V. really but i suppose it depends on where and who you work for and what you do as to whether it will make sense.
  • Confirmation on Wednesday, off the record, that I'm pretty well a lock for the full time role. Still have to go through the process, and I can't control who else applies, but damn, so close I can smell it.

Frustrating though that I've done all I can from my side, and have to just wait for their move now.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Holy shit, Arg is back! Cheers for the endorsements btw. Can I have a job yet?

Sounds like good news Face, hope it all comes off.
  • Good stuff Face, hopefully it all just slips into place for you from here.
  • Holy shit, Arg is back! Cheers for the endorsements btw. Can I have a job yet? Sounds like good news Face, hope it all comes off.

Was I ever gone... No jobs yet but we're opening a Bar next year so I can definitely get you in on that, I'm still working on having an assistant editor, if that happens, the job is yours Dante!
  • Well, your last post was March! Keep working on it man, keep working.

I definitely need out of Game. Asked Alex Wiltshire to write a recomendation for me, hopefully he'll be willing and that can aid me at least getting something freelance if not a proper job.
  • Quite happy to endorse you on there man. Takes a minute of my time. Might help might no.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I now come recommended by the former editor of Edge. This obviously means I will be batting offers away now.

Cheers for the offer Revel, but advice seems to be only to have recommendations from those you have worked with. I appreciate the offer though.
  • I now come recommended by the former editor of Edge. This obviously means I will be batting offers away now.

Fucking sweet dude :) Will keep fingers crossed for you.

Cheers for the offer Revel, but advice seems to be only to have recommendations from those you have worked with. I appreciate the offer though.

I'm not going to write a recommendation, you can endorse people for the skills they have though.
    Helps to beef up the profile.

agree with you about only writing recommendations if you have worked with someone.

• Dank.
  • Well, your last post was March! Keep working on it man, keep working. I definitely need out of Game. Asked Alex Wiltshire to write a recomendation for me, hopefully he'll be willing and that can aid me at least getting something freelance if not a proper job.

I have been skulking around (for want of a better word) might be around a small amount more well until August then i'll be gone til October most likely
  • ffs. Talk about long kiss goodnight!

So the FT role at the brotherhood has been delayed again. Another 6 weeks.

In better news though, I am getting signed on as a casual. Which is a good start. Means money, and means I can give a bit more weight to my resume. And also means that my manager is legitimately trying to keep me from looking elsewhere.

Still, there's 7k in Long service leave  when I leave my current job. I kinda want to just quit and get my hands on it.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    http://www.lindseypollak.com/archives/linkedin-profiles-vs-resumes-whats-the-difference-2

Some notes there on cvs and LinkedIn profiles.

Sorry to hear your gig's getting a bit strung out Face.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • 'Sall good. At least I'll be getting paid for a 40ish hour week, instead of working 40-60 and getting paid for 20!

And timing wise, it should mean I don't have to take leave as soon as I start because the baby rocks up, I'll still be casual.
  • Updated my portfolio on Coroflot last night, might start casually looking to see what is about.
    'folio innit
  • 344461_Oa9SHRFQorLNRf1PVG5rYIh36.jpg
    LIKE.

avatar_344461_xpci9us6v9uemplmknt0jsm_a.jpg

That's a chin stroke alright.
  • Dam right it's a chin stroke!
  • Thoughtful and contemplative..+1 would hire
  • Off-centre widows peak suggests deviancy. Probably doesn't mix well with others.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!