Bear & Badger: Top 5 Games Of All Time! (2015)
  • Golf Club tho.  I'm intrigued.
    Only bother if you want a pure golf simulation. No bells or whistles, just average graphics, perfect physics and a hard challenge.

I remember when Fuzzy Zoeller's three-shades-of-green flybys were cutting edge, golf is golf.  Has it got a snap though?  Never liked the modern PGA analogue swing.  Shoud've grabbed it when it was £11.99, can't justify more than that when I haven't finished the MG dlc.  Will pick up a cheap disk copy at some point.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah its got snap, its the most realistic swing you can get with a controller. If you hit it slightly off straight, you can easily mess your round up.
  • Eric wrote:
    Love me a bit of grainy FMV

I am crushing your head! fatality wins.
  • 1. Trials HD
    2. Shovel Knight
    3. Super Meat Boy
    4. Zelda OOT
    5. Super Monkey Ball

If haak decides to extend this to 10, the rest of the list, in order, is Micro Machines 2, Fire Emblem: Awakenings, Pro Evo 6, Shining Force 2, Wario Ware.
  • Djornsons Top 5

In a similar way to Speedhaak, i find that the actual game is only one factor in whether it makes it in to my top 5 or not. A huge factor is just sheer luck that particular game happened to hit me at a particular time in my life.

5) Trials HD
    Because of Badgers. Getting up extra early in the morning to get a couple of hours of trials in desperately trying to beat a forumites time and climb up our competition ladder. I was average as far as the forum went but fuck it made me get good compared to my friends. Fingers still remember how to play. Fiance's brother is playing through Fusion now, he spends hours setting a time, i play for five minutes and beat it. Great game.

4) Counter-Strike
    I remember being amazed by the fact i could play online against other real people. This was way back in the days of original Counter-Strike with 56k modems, you were a god if you had ISDN, my friends were playing mega drive or something couldn't even comprehend online videogames. Between the ages of 9-13 my brother and I didn't get on. Then one day he found Team Fortress Classic which later lead to Counter-Strike. It absorbed us both. We had to take it on turns on the PC, he would play for 3 hours while i watched then we switched. It was just an amazing game, we got broadband, we got in a clan, we started pwning noobs.

3) Dark Souls
    Because Dark Souls

2) Halo
    I was still playing Counter-Strike. I thought Halo was shit and slow. I started hanging out with a new group of mates. They loved Halo. 16 player LAN party at one of their houses complete with huge CRT TV's. I was sold. I bought an Xbox. I'm not going to bother describing why Halo is an awesome game :)

1) World of Warcraft
    Where to begin. I am glad i played World of Warcraft, i will remember certain experiences from the game forever. I didn't really know what it was when i started but i remember reaching the first big city and wow, it was so atmospheric, so much atmosphere lied ahead. I spent something like 320 days actual days playing. I never reached highest level. I'm literally insane. After my initial hit of amazingness my guild disbanded and i kept making new characters searching for how good that could be. I'm not really selling it am I. My favourite memory is making it on to the world of warcraft europe front page. I had joined the very first roleplay + player versus player server as a Tauren. I joined a Tauren guild and we had an inter-faction rivalry with a Troll guild. We decided we were going to go attack the night elves in their home city. On the way we saw the trolls who conveniently had the same idea at the same time. (Obviously the guild leaders were organising each other.) I shouted something like 'for now trolls we fight together' and my character with that speech bubble was immortalised on the website. We made it to Ashenvale and everything was strangely quiet. We got to the Night Elves home city and suddenly out of nowhere thousands of night elves materialised. (they had a special ability to go invisible.) They murdered us all. It was fun.
  • Destiny lolololololol

I love lists as I'm sure most of you already know. I shall post my hardly-ever-changes top 5 shortly. Too much actual work to do right now.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Top five seems too few.

Also, this.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    I found my top ten from that list.  It doesn't contain The Last of Us, which it should, I think.

Mine does. But it's just outside the top 5.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My head is too boggled today but my top 3 haven't changed since the mid to late 00s.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Destiny lolololololol

Destiny hell yes. I have never played a game that's had me logging in at every chance I get a full year after release. I'm quite sure that this will be the series that defines this generation more than any other.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Also, Destiny 2.0, definite 2015 GotY for me.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Also, Destiny 2.0, definite 2015 GotY for me.

It's not a 2015 game so won't be included.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Not possible as not a game release on its own. Indeed, I could play 2.0 on just last years destiny:)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Reaper of Souls wasnt allowed so lets stay true to form
  • Grinding, always online, DLC required. Yeah sounds like this gen. If it was broken as well then it would be definitive.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Not possible as not a game release on its own. Indeed, I could play 2.0 on just last years destiny:)
    No, you couldn't.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I could have the 2.0 loot updates indeed.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    1. Tetris This will be played by people 100 years from now. There are better puzzle games (Puyo Puyo for example) but nothing matches Tetris for accessibility. It is equally good in solo or multi-player, and it can be as casual or as hardcore as you like  (see Tetris Grandmaster). The version doesn't matter but Tetris Party Deluxe on the Wii adds several new games that use the basic Tetris rules that are as enjoyable as they are clever. 

2. Super Monkey Ball (Gamecube) Gorgeous control and level design in the main game + years of replay in the mini games in single and multi-player mode all wrapped up in solid and charming graphics.

3. Super Mario World It has its rivals (SMB3, Yoshi's Island and the new 2D upstarts) but this is still unsurpassed in terms of depth, charm, control and replayability. 

4. F-Zero X For the sheer rush of racing with spot on difficulty balance (GX is too hard for its own good) nothing comes close. The health vs speed trade off is a brilliant update to the original. Splendid multi-player, a Death race mode, a hardcore TT mode, and the X cup with it's algorithm generated tracks back up the main game.

5. Worms Armageddon (PC) Turn-based mechanic makes for superbly vindictive play laced with humour and tactics. Infinitely replayable with the level designer and large weapon set.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    When I loaded it up on bono without ttk it said "welcome to 2.0"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I could have the 2.0 loot updates indeed.
    2.0 was about far more than loot.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    And when was this?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Im def not putting in anything on this gen, not even things like Splatoon which has been my most played game this year, because I dont think ive had the critical distance and settling time. Only the way I see it, but thatll def be in my logic.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Im def not putting in anything on this gen, not even things like Splatoon which has been my most played game this year, because I dont think ive had the critical distance and settling time. Only the way I see it, but thatll def be in my logic.

Bayonetta 2, though. Easily best game of 2014 with no contest and one of the best ever.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    And when was this?
    When the cat fired up the bono recently and I loaded up the update
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    So this year.

GotY!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Bayonetta 2, though. Easily best game of 2014 with no contest and one of the best ever.

Only my logic, not gonna throw it on other people
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    So this year. GotY!

Cant fault your enthusiasm. But ive been round the housesmwith Wow a decade ago.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Woo!

Edit: why'd you edit?

But yes, WoW I'm sure is great, but RPGs have never been my thing. Top notch FPSing is much more like it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No WOW dammit. Oh whatever. Im on the dreadnaught now btw.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Woo! Edit: why'd you edit? But yes, WoW I'm sure is great, but RPGs have never been my thing. Top notch FPSing is much more like it.

Works even better with the edit

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!