jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Bonkers race. Some work on reliability required.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Vettel: "To be honest I'm happy I span only once."
  • Did ham win?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Bob wrote:
    Let’s do it all again next week ?

I think FP1/2 will be quiet next weekend. After all the teams have all the race data from this weekend. Why put more strain on the engines when they are limited in number?
  • Did ham win?
    Spoiler:

• So ferrari are 0.3 slower than Mercedes in the corners and 0.7 slower than Mercedes in the straights. Thats a uphill task to claw that back.
  • Not if they are 1.1 faster uphill.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Ha ha ha.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I didn’t realise there are two Austrian grands prix this year.

Two Silverstone as well, all abit stupid.

No, this is the Styrian Grand Prix. Totally different.
  • Well this coming weekend just got interesting, ferrari are fast tracking the new car parts for this weekend now instead of hungary.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53309834

Ferrari are bringing forward some planned upgrades to their car after a disappointing showing at the season-opening Austrian Grand Prix.

Lead driver Charles Leclerc was runner-up on Sunday, but the car was a second off the pace in qualifying seventh.

At this weekend's Styrian Grand Prix, Ferrari will introduce some of the parts originally scheduled for the subsequent race in Hungary.

"We have to respond immediately," chief executive officer Louis Camilleri said.

"We know there's lots of work to do. This is certainly not the grid position that a team like Ferrari should have.

"It's clear that we have to improve on all fronts. The only solution is to react."
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    I didn’t realise there are two Austrian grands prix this year.

Not really given the global pandemic
    The Forum Herald™
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

Because in these circumstances Leicester has clearly covered itself in glory
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • What’s Leicester got to do with anything?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Thinking about it it's actually more like Northampton isn't it? Just seemed like one stop before Leicester on the motorway
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

I meant they could have tried to hold a 2nd british race at Brands Hatch, or Rockingham or Donnington. The 2nd half of the calender is rumoured to feature Mugello (where ferrari do their testing) and portimao (portugal). So i dont see why a different British circuit couldnt have been used other than exclusivity rights for british gp to Silverstone.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Thinking about it it's actually more like Northampton isn't it? Just seemed like one stop before Leicester on the motorway

Donnington is in Leicestershire - so perhaps that could have been it too.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I meant they could have tried to hold a 2nd british race at Brands Hatch, or Rockingham or Donnington. The 2nd half of the calender is rumoured to feature Mugello (where ferrari do their testing) and portimao (portugal). So i dont see why a different British circuit couldnt have been used other than exclusivity rights for british gp to Silverstone.

I don't think any of those other british circuits are in the proper state or licensed for f1. It's not as simple as just putting cars on a track.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dinostar77 wrote:

The second half may also not happen at all.

Silverstone is the only UK circuit to hold a Grade one license, so it can only happen there.
  • Going back to the Ham-Albon clash, dunno if just being bias but it still seems harsh on Ham to me from what i've seen. I felt like Albon still had more room on the outside, and it was him coming back across Ham to soon caused the collision rather than Ham squeezing him. I know Albon had his nose in front but I don't see how (or why) Ham should just disappear and get out the way at that point.
    Maybe it's out there and i've missed it, but i'd be interested to see a comparison of the normal line Albon would take on that corner versus the one he was on when they touched
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It seemed over ambitious at that point but that seems to be the way we're going with the stewards at the moment.

Horner is expecting an apology apparently and that crazy special advisor wants even more draconian punsihments clearly forgetting that mad max has had many people off the road .
    The Forum Herald™
  • I hope they end up doing Mugello, it's in Forza and it a great track to drive. Not sure about overtaking opportunities though as it ia a bit narrow in places.

I though the idea they mooted about running the tracks in reverse would have been pretty cool but apparently even if they could get it registered there are huge issues with Marshall, crane and exposed barrier positions which are unworkable
  • I'm not biased and thought it was harsh on Hamilton. His line didn't alter, he didn't open up his steering wheel to ease Albon out and was a racing incident in my book. Interesting that all the pundits saw it as Hams fault though.

Edit: Ram, Albon wouldn't take that line usually, he had pitted had better rubber and was overtaking on the outside which wouldn't usually be quicker.
  • I don't understand it at all. Lewis had the racing line going round the corner. Albon had the entire kerb to go on to at the point of contact. He chose to take a tighter line, he doesn't get his nose in front until halfway round the corner.

The only thing I've seen by way of explanation is that Hamilton accelerates halfway round the corner, and that's why it's his fault, but for me Albon put his car in danger, and you shouldn't expect the car you're overtaking to let you past.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    It seemed like a rash move by Albon to me at the time, although as has been pointed out in various post-race analyses, a Red Bull hasn't overtaken a Mercedes in a straight-line for many years and Albon's fresh rubber was only going to be good for a few laps so he had to go for it as soon as he could and, had it worked, he could have taken his first win. It's a shame that the contact occurred. It seems that Hamilton could have taken action to avoid it, but he shouldn't really have had to...
  • Albon needs to learn some patience, he was on softs and hamo and bottas on hards. He would have gotten both within a few laps and gone onto win the race.

I think it was harsh on hamo, looking at the onboard of his steering. However if your gonna try to overtake a pissed off mutliple world champion, do it cleanly.

Also i get what people are saying about the other uk circuits. Would have been nice to go back to donnington or something.
  • I mean, I don't think he even needed to wait another few laps, I think he just needed to take a slightly wider line. I know drivers were warned off the kerbs, but I'd take bumping the car on the kerb over going wheel to wheel with another car.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!