• Obviously they're dealing in fine margins at high speed, but my thought is you have to leave a car's width, and Albon still had more room...if Lewis had squeezed him onto the gravel to avoid contact, or hit him when his tyres were on the kerb, then it's a penalty...if Albon had his nose in front going into the corner, then he can dictate the line more and it would be a penalty if Ham took his own line. It just seems a bit odd to me that if one driver gets his nose in front halfway through the corner the other is meant to instantly, safely, back out and adjust their line even when the other driver has the upper hand and space to work in.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • What I am 100% certain of is that if the roles were reversed, Red Bull deffo wouldn't be saying "yeah, fair cop, Albon was in the wrong and in fact prob should have been DQ'd!"
  • Obviously they're dealing in fine margins at high speed, but my thought is you have to leave a car's width, and Albon still had more room...if Lewis had squeezed him onto the gravel to avoid contact, or hit him when his tyres were on the kerb, then it's a penalty...if Albon had his nose in front going into the corner, then he can dictate the line more and it would be a penalty if Ham took his own line. It just seems a bit odd to me that if one driver gets his nose in front halfway through the corner the other is meant to instantly, safely, back out and adjust their line even when the other driver has the upper hand and space to work in.

On worn tyres.. it's madness. It was the very definition of a racing incident and it's just unfortunate that he span.. but still given the end result that Albon RETIRED ANYWAY these things really should be looked at after the race. They could always add a five second penalty afterwards.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I do think hamo should have taken charge during the saftey car when albon came in, to come in himself and get onto some softs. That would have set the cat amongst the pigeons. Bottas on hard and hamo on softs....
  • I really want this game. £42 at shop.to with free delivery. Must resist. The home screen 10:45min looks more and more like F1 version of football manager.

• I wonder if there’ll be a corona season mode?
  • Isn't that just meeting George Russell in online play?
  • I wonder if there’ll be a corona season mode?

There already is. You can do a 10 race season
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    I do think hamo should have taken charge during the saftey car when albon came in, to come in himself and get onto some softs. That would have set the cat amongst the pigeons. Bottas on hard and hamo on softs....
    mercedes being cautious and not changing tyres was a mistake in hindsight...if Hammo hadn't clashed with Albon then Albon would likely have won. Also thought they could have had Bottas let Ham through to make up the time penalty since it seemed clear that Ham was faster than Bottas but had nowhere to go.
  • Yeh i dont get why they didnt let hamo past bottas when he got the penalty. Bottas would have easily stayed within seconds of Hamilton as there were so few laps left.
  • Ahem...
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Fuck off team orders on race one. Ham will easily take this.
    Yeh fuck team orders, too early in season
    So team orders are actually fine if they favour Hamilton then?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Ahem...
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Fuck off team orders on race one. Ham will easily take this.
    Yeh fuck team orders, too early in season
    So team orders are actually fine if they favour Hamilton then?

Yes defo. Im a Hamilton fan so definitely.
  • O-K
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah it stands. Fuck team orders this early.

I’m not pointing fingers but the stewards were all wearing #alllivesmatter T-shirt’s so...
  • Most of schmacher's F1 titles at ferrari were won on the back of team orders. Ferrari see that distinction quite clearly and always have done. A no1 driver going for the drivers world championship and a no2 to support him and pick up big points. I think thats one of the reasons they got rid of vettel. Cant ask a 4 x WC to play no2.

Mercedes on the face of it seem to not be so ruthless as ferrari on team orders. Though i think that has cost them in the past and almost cost them the gp win last weekend. I dont like team orders. With 10 laps to go i can understand if the boss says we are staying in the 1-2 position, but up till that point and especially this early in season (though we have an unknown number of races) there shouldnt be any.
  • Alonso is back in 2021 with Renault!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53325412
  • Bob must be 
    So excited by
    This.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm excited. I loves me some nando.

• Alonso is back in 2021 with Renault!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/53325412

Could he pick a worse team to come back to? Renault are so useless, next season they arent providing their engines to anyone. Thats bad. Could he have tried for next seasons Aston Martin i wonder?

Anyway glad he's back.
  • i'm sure he'll have some clauses...if Renault aren't cutting it he may (think he will) be able to prove to the big teams that he's a good boy now and still a great driver.
  • Bob must be 
    So excited by
    This.
    Oh I am

What I wouldn’t give to see Danny Ric show him a clean pair of heels the same as he did Vettel and another fake WDC gets shown up
    The Forum Herald™
  • Mugello and russian gp confirmed for this season.
  • FP2 just got interesting. If there is too much rain tomorrow to run qualifying then the results of FP2 will decide the grid. So now everybody is running minimum fuel loads in FP2 to get a qually time in the bag, just in case.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Good to know. Sounds like Leclerc (and to a lesser extent Bottas) has been naughty with regards social bubbles.
  • If by 'a bit naughty' you mean 'completely disregarded'.
  • Qually at 3pm if possible as fp3 has been a washout
    If not then qually on sunday morning, if that aint possible then grid will form from fp2 results, in which case Hamilton is back in 5th or 6th and verstappen in pole with bottas 2nd.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ahh shit. Was just settling down to watch quali
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Looks like we may get a shot in a bit
  • 10 minute warning guys! We are go! LEWIS FOR POLE
    The Forum Herald™
  • As much as I like Kubica, I think Lewis will be pulling for himself.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!