• NO DEAL

No idea what's going on in F1 these days, haven't watched a race for almost two years.  Totally out of the loop.
  • You're really not missing anything.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Bob wrote:
    Ok. I'm in. I'll get it when I come back from holiday.. but here's the deal.. anything I find that's not correct about F1 rules and regulations I'm going to come in here and bitch about.

lol, go for it, honestly you won't regret it.

only question is what team will you start with? im leaning towards force india or mclaren (as alonso's teammate).
  • Don't think about out performing him then.
    I'd go for Williams, it looks a long road for them to get back to successful ways, may as well try virtually!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Sauber to show LeClerc how it’s done.
    The Forum Herald™
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Gasly appears to be heading to Red Bull.
  • Kyviat for a toro Rosso come back!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Who the fuck is Gasly?
  • Little french Wunderkid done good stuff in the Toro Rosso.

You should watch. This season has been a classic.
    The Forum Herald™
  • He’s also a Pokemon which makes it easier and cheaper to store and transport him between races.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    It is pretty warm down in the Ardennes today, but the forecast is for a far cooler weekend and some potentially wet sessions (FP3 likely, maybe quali).
  • Fingers crossed
    The Forum Herald™
  • Alonso is now claiming he turned down red bull.. yes mate sure you did .. I’m sure Honda where desperate to have you and your unique brand of pr back
    The Forum Herald™
  • For bob, seeing how much you adore alonso ;)

Tribute from Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso were both at McLaren in 2007 and both finished on 109 points, one less than world champion Kimi Raikkonen
    Lewis Hamilton paid tribute to Alonso as "one of the best drivers ever" in Formula 1, following the Spaniard's decision to retire.

Alonso, twice a world champion and sixth in the all-time win list with 32 victories, announced last week that he would leave Formula 1 at the end of the season.

Hamilton said ahead of this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix: "It is a shame he is not as decorated as his ability [deserves].

"But sport is not just about being a good driver, it's how you play the game, how you position yourself."

Alonso has famously made a series of poor career decisions, including turning down a chance to join Red Bull in time for their domination of the early 2010s, and leaving Ferrari at the end of 2014 believing they would never produce a competitive car.

Hamilton, who was Alonso's team-mate at McLaren in 2007 when they tied on points and number of wins, added: "He has been arguably the best driver I have ever driven against and I wish him all the best."
  • Burned
    The Forum Herald™
  • Didn't Jenson Button say Alonso was arguably the best driver he had driven with too?

Have a great time at Spa JDP, I am super jealous!
  • Well it’s traditional to bum him
    The Forum Herald™
  • Force India are dead, it's now Racing Point Force India. Racing Point start with 0 constructors points in the championship though their drivers keep their world championship points.

Not sure how it pans out at the end of season when dishing out prize money in constructors championship. Does racing point get its points plus force India points they earn till summer break?
  • Should get both I’d assume can’t see Williams passing it ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Red bull are denying the Alonso offer - lol
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Red bull are denying the Alonso offer - lol

Its a mess, as alonso has an apology in email from Horner apparently. Tbh, why wouldn't RedBull consider all options available to them? That's what any smart team would do, before making a decision. I personally don't think RedBull offered him a drive for 2019. As if they did, why wouldnt he take it? A car capable of winning GPs and the best chassis on the grid. Yeh they are down on HP but they are competing with Ferrari and Mercedes.
  • 6 practice programmes to do in the game, thats alot.

track acclimatisation
    tyre management
    fuel management
    ers management
    qualifying pace
    race strategy

went with mclaren, partner to the legendary Alonso ;)

• jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Not bad weather today after all although the forecast for tomorrow is still looking mixed. Unfortunately, we were in what felt like the windiest grandstand at the track (based on a walk around most of the accessible perimeter, which was fun, if very steep in places) most of the way up Eau Rouge so it wasn't entirely comfortable. Looks like it might be quite tight in qualifying...
  • Tried playing this game with a wheel and pedals for the first time ever. Found it really hard. Need to mess around until i get the wheel sensitivity right.

Jumped bavk on the control pad and boom it was perfect from the get go. tight and responsive. I'll stick with the wheel, hopefully I'll nail it soon.
  • Advise that you get on a forum to set it up Dino
  • Maybe we should make an f1 game thread ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    jdanielp wrote:
    Not bad weather today after all although the forecast for tomorrow is still looking mixed. Unfortunately, we were in what felt like the windiest grandstand at the track (based on a walk around most of the accessible perimeter, which was fun, if very steep in places) most of the way up Eau Rouge so it wasn't entirely comfortable. Looks like it might be quite tight in qualifying...

Have a great time buddy.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    The track started dampish for the F3 race just now but seems to have mostly dried... Only 11 degrees but less wind (and we're wearing more layers) so it doesn't feel too bad. Rain is forecast around quali!
  • jdanielp wrote:
    The track started dampish for the F3 race just now but seems to have mostly dried... Only 11 degrees but less wind (and we're wearing more layers) so it doesn't feel too bad. Rain is forecast around quali!

Have you got a radio with you so you can listen to the race? I've never been to a GP so im. guessing you probably need one to get an idea of whats going on around the track.

• Bob wrote:
    Maybe we should make an f1 game thread ?

We could do, but it would probably just be me on it as i dont think anyone else on here plays it. Obviously unless you are getting a copy bob.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!