Diablo IV
  • Keep trying to start playing this game, get sent a verification code, try and enter that code on the page using the PS5 controller is impossible it just jumbles everything up. Have had the game since yesterday and, due to this and the masses of updates, haven't played it yet. Oh how I miss plug and play...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You can't pause this either? Fuck me. I'm covering service today from home so thought I'd play a bit between calls/emails and just found out the hard way.

Bleurghrgheghghh.
  • I'd like a mobile inventory management app, if they're gonna have us hard-line to the internets like this. Can't be hard.

Mind that E3 everything had a second screen?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What's the point of the always online? What exactly is it giving us apart from no pause function?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    What's the point of the always online? What exactly is it giving us apart from no pause function?

It gives them power over you and data. It also helps stop cheating, but really it’s anti consumer DRM that people are gonna buy anyway.
  • Other players in your map server, can offer up some pve things, events, etc. There's pvp too.

3 was the same. I guess it's deep deep in the backend.

Edit: that too!
  • Other players in your map server, can offer up some pve things, events, etc. There's pvp too.

3 was the same. I guess it's deep deep in the backend.

Edit: that too!

Was offline on console for D3. Switch certainly allowed you to play offline.
  • Yeah switch definitely did but I remember being booted on Xbox after being idle. I may well be wrong! Stupid design decision either way.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Other players?
  • Yeah you see other players from your server going about. Live Pootling. You can tackle live map events too together. I did so with a random and levelled up a few times, was nice. There's also "Legion" events which are similar to Live Events, just harder and longer. They only pop up sporadically, afaik. Done one yesterday with a troop of about ten randoms, great fun.

Then went back to exploring on my own. Entirely optional. You can turn it off, seeing them in your game.
  • No pause bullshit arrrrggghh. I hope theirs some good mp reasons for it. Can you insta save then reload it once you've answered the door/phone/finished your shit etc?

Edit- ah ok just seen your post Gav, thats good enough for me. Just have to treat it as such then. Not to be played with distractions.
  • There's no user-prompt to save whenever you want. It just.... Saves, for you. All the time.

It is shit but a way around it is, say nature calls, press down on d-pad, that'll teleport you to the nearest town. It also, when you arrive there, spawns a portal to take you back to where you were when you went back to town.
  • There's no user-prompt to save whenever you want. It just.... Saves, for you. All the time.

It is shit but a way around it is, say nature calls, press down on d-pad, that'll teleport you to the nearest town. It also, when you arrive there, spawns a portal to take you back to where you were when you went back to town.

Good to know. Still haven't started it yet. I'm waiting until I can give it minimum a good couple of hours for the first session. Maybe tonight.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I haven't seen anyone pootling? Do I have to enable it?
  • It doesn't turn on until you reach the big town after the tutorial.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh I've done that. Must have just been quiet.
  • Yellow dots on the map.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    How am I supposed to know where I can and can't do, as a solo player?

I'm mainly pissing through enemies blindfolded, with one hand and barely a thought, but then occasionally being swarmed by more enemies than I can possibly deal with as a solo.

I just romped through a dungeon barely losing any health, but then the boss shows up with a billion adds and its literally impossible to deal with alone.

Its all a bit shit really, if I'm honest.
  • In that case I'd probably take note of what the boss is doing and maybe try to get stat buffs and/or elixirs that will help.

If its not for you though, fair play!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll just go back. It's not a questline dungeon, just a bit annoying that I pissed it to the boss but then can't possibly kill it. Game seems to either be piss easy or impossible, with no middle ground or way of knowing.
  • Gonna try some couch co op later. Haven't had a full nerdy evening of gaming with a mate in YEARS.
  • Can you join with randoms if you hit a wall?
    Peter3C
  • You can look at a list of players on your 'server', I think. Possibly join their actual party from there? Dunno.
  • Any1 on tonight?
  • Just been doing the campaign and still in the first act, clue for the spoiler is bad mum.
    Spoiler:
    any tips or is it best to play co op or lower the World Tier for that part?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • My tips would be see what types of attack the enemy is doing. Can you see it winding up? Can you dodge and use ranged attacks? Can you change skills to something that'll stun or make vulnerable? Is there an elixir you can use? Grind elsewhere for loot with better buffs?

Or, yeah, drop the world tier. Once campaign is done you'll be levelled and experienced enough to move it back up.

Act 2 done last night. The cutscenes are so hammy but god they are good.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The bullshit I came across wasn't anything to do with any of the above. It was just sheer volume of enemies. I got the boss to 1/2 health, piss easy to read it's attacks. But then the adds came, and by the time I'd dealt with them more had arrived, then more. Physically couldn't keep up until the whole screen was enemies and I didn't have the firepower to cope solo.

Bullshit game design if you ask me. Either telegraph that I should be higher level as a solo before I waste my time, or adjust the diff to suit. Shitty.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but like 3 they've fucked the difficulty balance again. Literally breezing through 95% of it without having to think, and now wondering what skills to take as I have 3 that I'm using that deal with pretty much everything.

Maybe it was just that one dungeon, but I doubt it. I'll follow the story a bit and not go off piste.
  • All good, was just spitballing for Gaz.
  • It was the fact that loads appeared, I could get away from the boss but there were too many other enemies for me to get away
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    All good, was just spitballing for Gaz.

Spitball me baby.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!