Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Just finished the first act and now ends my starter edition.Apparently I can only keep my save if I upgrade through them?seems a bit unfair.But with only forums and strangers views to use as info thats never good.

I loved every minute though and I swear I hit lvl 11 but it says im lvl 9?hmmm i dont want to lose my stuff ive found,so 45 quid it is then.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • I have been too busy to play this for more than half an hour today. Tomorrow will be Diablo carnage and I might even update the OP if other people have posted their battle tags.
  • google wrote:
    Mate. It's basically an old school hack and slash RPG that you can play on your lonesome or with a couple of friends. Imagine it to be like those old PS2 Baldurs Gate games only with co-op play.

Ah.  So why the hysteria?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Is there LOOT in 2?
  • So much loot.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Holy shit yes.

Fuck you B'lands, Diablo 2, here I am.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You should have played the beta to see if your laptop could run it. 

I'm hoping for a Friday delivery, luckily I'm busy till then anyway. Actually I'm busy then too, shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'ma wait for the piracy and ting, and if it works/me likes, I'll purchase.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    This whole always online thing might slow a cracked version down a bit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Same with FM12, but it was cracked within 2 weeks.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Could you play it online?
  • Played this a lot today. After the server clusterfuck at 6 things were super smooth. Played about 2 hours with Reg, Kilted and Bollockoff and then a further 3 hours with Bollockoff in his late Act 1 game. 

Once your on, things are beautiful. It isn't the most obviously gorgeous game but when you realise that they've essentially managed to make all that chunky hyperstylised Blizzard art genuinely come to life on the screen, it all clicks. With 4 people chucking out spells, abilities, pots of spiders and knocking enemies into scenery and watch it all with barely any slowdown is glorious.

For people who didn't play Diablo or Diablo 2 and those who don't seem to realise that they have some serious heritage (sitting next to my Dad as he cleared D2 when I was 13 is a fond memory), you'll probably never get this. It's just about rewarding you with lights and sounds for every click and pouring tons of loot and gold on you as you bash through again and again, getting better loot on higher difficulties.

Minor server niggles aside, I couldn't be happier.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nah, but I'll only be grabbing it to see if my laptop will play it. I'm not really bothered about MP anyhoo, never have been on PC.

Will rock some 2 in the meantime, see if it's for me.

@Kow
  • You can't play Diablo III offline.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It'll be cracked, trust. You had to be logged into Steam to play FM12 as well.

Anyway, enough of my talk, crack on, I like reading.
  • I've no doubt, I just mean that online isn't MP, online is the entire thing.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fair enough, as stated so was FM12.

Now more stories/opinions and such please people.
  • I missed your FM12 post.

Stories? Well, Diablo III forum is fucking hilarious right now. 

"Worst launch ever" 

"absolutely unacceptable"

"Beta test was a scam"

Stats are flying around suggesting 30+ Million pre-orders were made, I doubt the Beta saw even half of that. I am annoyed it was down, but on the other hand I think "how do you stress test for 30 million login attempts being made every few seconds from across the globe?" 

They took the servers down to fix game breaking bugs and I have played it more than I've been locked out of it today, so I think it has done alright. The rest of the week is the challenge.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    There's always gonna be whingers on such releases though. I know I've mentioned it a few times, but FM12 was a download release primarily on Steam, and the amount of times it caused errors and such to the player was unbelievable. Luckily the site I frequent has more sense than most places (not here though, 'tis still a bit childish over there at times), but was quite fun to read the generally unjustified rage.

Problem being, with the latest patch (which auto downloads on Steam), they've actually managed to fuck up FM12 even more :D

Do find myself oddly drawn to Diablo 3 talk, despite not putting a single hour into any before. Probably my recently(ish) discovered looting love.
  • It isn't a long game, but like Borderlands you keep upping the difficulty on new games to get better loot. Check out the stat leaps though:

skeleton_king.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Jaysus shit that HP on Inferno.
  • He's the first boss, heh.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Now I'm even more intrigued.

My gaming has gone from Trials Evo to about six titles since I've been at the missus'

Woop, and I thought I was in a rut.
  • Tempy wrote:
    The maps are pretty randomly generated too so chances are you'll come across different groups and different areas. The always on DRM is a bugger but Blizzard will never back down. I've made my peace with it, plenty of other games to play if the net fails for a day or two.

Yeah, fair enough - the DRM's there, knew what i was potentially in for when i made the purchase.  really hope things get sorted out soon, very frustrating.  Still having problems; nothing like staring at a server authentication screen while dramatic Conan music pounds away in the background!

On the topic of the actual game.

Favourite enemy so far are the fat blokes with stomachs full of tape worms, burst out laughing (in a good way) after my first encounter with those guys.

It's all very neat and tidy, not just with the in-game visuals but with the stats, inventory screens etc.  everything's been easy to understand, well laid out, it's always clear what you're supposed to be doing, etc.

Quite relaxing to play on normal difficulty (haven't played any games in the series before), i like it this way but will turn up the difficulty next game.

Speaking of which I'm already second guessing my playing class (Wizard), wishing I picked that butch barbarian lady or perhaps a witch doctor, i get like this with RPGs i enjoy, so that's a good sign.

In short, no problems at all with this game outside of the DRM, so worth persisting with!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dis game wot it like eh.

See you all on there again tonight.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Saw a couple of spare slots and a big "Join Game" button on the launcher window but clicked back to solo as I didn't know how long I would be available for. 
    Haven't read too much about it so can you folks clear it up. 

Is it fine to just drop in and out a bit on a MP game? Would I just keep any loot (which is instanced for each player yeah?) 
    How does it cope with player level differences? (I think my Barb is around 12/3 and I saw Temps was ~9?) 
    It's PC so the chat will just be tappy tappy in the box like WoW right?

I'm sure I had more Q's but gotta go quickly... Ta folks. I'll try to get on this evening and drop in with the power of the jumping rare Cudgel. Wapow!
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • My laptop has a core i7 2670qm processor, a gt540m graffix and 8gb of RAM. Will et be gud 'nuff tew pleh.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    People will always fucking moan about shit on big online release like this. Only just two weeks ago, I was there for the TERA launch as well and people [Grown men and women] were moaning and complaining on the TERA Facebook page about this, that and the other. It's sad. If the game isn't available or something is up go do something else. 

As for me, so far I've had no problems and D3 is GOTY for me so far without a shadow of a doubt. Considering I spent LOTS of time on the first two games I couldn't be happier with this incarnation. Roll on Inferno and some epic lewts!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What is TERA?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!