Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sorry, it's an MMO. Launched two weeks ago.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Oh. Is it any good? Worth having or just ok?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'm enjoying it a lot. Probably the most fun I've had since WoW back in 2005. Could probably organise a Buddy Key for you if you want to try it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well, I wouldn't mind giving it a bash but if your keys are limited then hold on to them as I would probably only play for a while out of curiosity. Holding out for The Secret World.
  • isanbard wrote:
    Is it fine to just drop in and out a bit on a MP game? Would I just keep any loot (which is instanced for each player yeah?) 
    How does it cope with player level differences? (I think my Barb is around 12/3 and I saw Temps was ~9?) 
    It's PC so the chat will just be tappy tappy in the box like WoW right?

We've been chatting through Steam Chat in the background which is great.

Loot is instanced for you alone, yes. Level difference doesn't matter really, I took my wizard into Bollockoff's game and was 4/5 levels lower. I had to keep out of danger but was able to be fairly decent offensively.

You eventually catch up with the loot drops too.

It's worth having a couple of characters so you can experiment.

• Installer is shit and is poorly thought out and Blizzard can fuck off.

I don't want this game anymore.
  • What's up with it? Also if you get past that and do want to play, choose euro servers else you won't be able to play wiv uz :(
  • I've just deleted everything and started downloading the client again. Blizzard thought it would be a good idea for the downloader to announce "Download complete - 100%" when it's not finished doing it's thing (and supposedly can take another 15 minutes to finish) and my install got borked due to quitting before it was finished. They also appear to have rejected my credit card for some reason.

Downloading it again anyway. Not sure it will be my bag, but... monsters and shit.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    I went to 3 different shops yesterday in central London and everywhere had sold out, just called 3 supermarkets, HMV, Game and Gamestation (Romford, where I live) and all of them had sold out too. So if I wanna play today I have to pay £45 for the digital copy. Honestly WTF, how can they charge that much for just the client and the game key. No box, no disc, no manual.
  • Because ACTIBLIZZARD
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Oh shit, i forgots. :(
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I did read that Blizzard pricing was a deliberate move to push the boxed retail system and appease the physical distribution market deals rather than kill the servers (more..) with everyone downloading direct and logging in. 

@Temps Cheers dude. If I see some folks on this evening/today I'll try and click in. I now have a spanky Logitech G400 GAMING mouse too so I imagine I'll have this clocked on Inferno by the end of tomorrow... maybe... 

Though this made me smirk,
    "Jay Wilson stated that they took the hardest difficulty that their testers could handle and agreed was fair and they doubled it." 
    Shit.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Any Mac owners considering Diablo 3, be warned, if you have the GeForce 9400 graphics card you may encounter crippling frame rate issues.

Blizzard's aware of the problem, but for now I doubt i'll be playing it on my work computer (which only runs it reasonably in a small window at lowest res...). 

Thankfully my iMac at home should be fine – Thursday night will be my first chance to play it proper so i'll find out soon enough.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    People will always fucking moan about shit on big online release like this.

Having a singeplayer games availability dependant upon the vagaries of some remote server connection is hardly the future for PC games is it? If it is, it's a pretty grim one.  And a future I intend to forestall by voting with my wallet.  Dismissing people who object to this always-on DRM nonsense as a crowd of 'moaners and whingers' isn't helping the debate about how to stamp out PC piracy.  Seems to me you do that by gaining the loyalty of your fanbase, in the same way CDProjekt did with Witcher 2 - make sure the retail version comes bundled with extra goodies.  Not by shackling players with some god damn awful invasive DRM bollocks.

And whilst I am probably secretly enviousness of all those here who are busy clickin' demonic spawn to death, it's a sad day for PC gamers when so many appear to be so apathetic in the face of such a retarded DRM policy.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Oh they are totally entitled to whinge about the always on DRM but once you've bought it you really have to accept that you're going to get some downtime on the launch of a game that has supposedly shifted 30 million pre-orders.

Which is what plenty of people haven't done.
  • Played this game to near th end of Act 1 with a variety of australian buddies, the graphics are gorgeous, they really are, if you want a close look at everything as the orthographc camera flatens the perspective, tap 'z' for a zoomed in perspective camera, prettyyy

Plays good, is great fun, everything has a great sense of meatiness and connection and even at low levels the action seems apocalyptic

No it won't be 'cracked' conventionally DS, what you download is a client with the media but not the actual 'active' part of the game, much like an MMO much of what you see is being created remotely on Blizzards servers. Eventually, much like WoW, there'll no doubt be an alternate server software reverse engineered by enthusiasts, uch as what happened with WoW (You can play for free and i do indeed do so), but it might take a long, long time (Youre looking at years at least) so dont get too expectant
  • What is your Bnet code Gunn? 

I love it when all the shit kicks off, SO MUCH LIGHT
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    tap 'z' for a zoomed in perspective camera, prettyyy

Oh my word let be your number one fan-slave.
  • Hmm I can get this for £29.69, is that a good price...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    ZMM wrote:
    Hmm I can get this for £29.69, is that a good price...
    You know it is so why fucking ask other than to brag you can get it cheap?
  • Right folks! Battletag is Torsades#2326

Add me mofos, i think i fancy a blast during today

Also my skype is lazygunn, cause i'll prefer voice chat during play by faaaarrrrr
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    £45 fucking quid! for a PC game?

What is this Activision?! Oh, yes it is isn't it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's for the digital download version, no idea why it's so expensive. Retail version is normal price.
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    Right folks! Battletag is Torsades#2326

Add me mofos, i think i fancy a blast during today

Also my skype is lazygunn, cause i'll prefer voice chat during play by faaaarrrrr

I added you Gunn, are you on a Yank server? I'm in euro.
  • My main char is on yank server yeah, can make a new one on euro i spose, but will probs be tomorrow

Also afaik arent the locations of the servers transparent in regard to who you play with?

edit: oh nope checked, diff 'accounts' although you can maintain one on each server independantly
  • Nope, not at all. 

I have a Demon Hunter at level 12 on Yank by accident - I can't see anyone else when I'm using her. Just as you haven't received my FR because you are on Yank servers. It is a real shit but it does mean you have 20 character slots...

Edit: Scratch that bit. I can't use my Yank server DH on the euro server anyhow.
  • I got yours and jimmys FRs just, yeah, its kinda good you get to keep your details on each server still i spose

Yeah i'll try take an opportunity fro english folks sometime soon, but as im generally playing with aussies or people who all know they'll be playing with people worldwide we've all opted for the american servers, that have, to be honest, been very stable and smooth for a while now. Was playing with 2 aussies and a german earlier to no problem at all
  • My frost beam is awesome. Going back in later :)
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    People will always fucking moan about shit on big online release like this.
    Having a singeplayer games availability dependant upon the vagaries of some remote server connection is hardly the future for PC games is it? If it is, it's a pretty grim one.  And a future I intend to forestall by voting with my wallet.  Dismissing people who object to this always-on DRM nonsense as a crowd of 'moaners and whingers' isn't helping the debate about how to stamp out PC piracy.  Seems to me you do that by gaining the loyalty of your fanbase, in the same way CDProjekt did with Witcher 2 - make sure the retail version comes bundled with extra goodies.  Not by shackling players with some god damn awful invasive DRM bollocks. And whilst I am probably secretly enviousness of all those here who are busy clickin' demonic spawn to death, it's a sad day for PC gamers when so many appear to be so apathetic in the face of such a retarded DRM policy.

Doesn't really bother me to be honest. All I care about is enjoying the game, which I am. Guess I'm in the minority though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hey I've been looking at this Tera thing, how is the combat?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!