Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If you though my last suggestion was terrible, what about:

Beto O'Rourke and Jeff Flake?
  • Yossarian wrote:

Very tired of things looking bad bad for Trump rather than actually being bad.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You’ll need to wait for Mueller’s report for that, but it is coming.
  • Has to be Bernie and Ojeda or Tulsi and Ojeda. The VP's there only to make sure the P don't get bumped off by a " lone gunman."
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Is the Mueller report inbound 2019?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No confirmation but it’s likely.
  • Pffft, reports.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • If you though my last suggestion was terrible, what about: Beto O'Rourke and Jeff Flake?

"The Vice President condemns this in the strongest terms"

*Votes for it*
  • hunk wrote:
    Is the Mueller report inbound 2019?

Prepare for disappointment
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What BuzzFeed claims the special counsel's evidence is that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress:

-Multiple witnesses from the Trump Org
    -Internal Trump Org emails
    -Text messages
    -"Cache of other documents"

If this is true, Trump is toast and Mueller is not screwing around.

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1086110570540093441

Also worth noting that Trump’s AG pick was specifically asked whether or not asking someone to commit perjury was a crime and he said it was.

I wonder if whoever asked that knew that this story was coming?
  • Prepare for disappointment
  • I have the sneaking suspicion Mueller will deliver a fucking bombshell but due to the effects of fake news a numb public will react to it as if it were tumble weed passing by. A bit like how people react to Brexit nowadays.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The effect on the public doesn’t bother me hugely, the massive amounts of evidence being handed over to congressional investigative committees who will tie Trump’s hands by bombarding him with subpoenas will be great. Watching Trump’s advisors and supporters being indicted and stripped away from him leaving him even more isolated and ineffectual will be great. This doesn’t need to lead to arrest, impeachment or even stopping him being re-elected to be a success (although I don’t think he’ll be re-elected anyway). The political fallout alone will be enough to fuck him and his agenda. That’s enough for me.
  • So it seems those claims that got Yoss so blindly excited yesterday are almost completely false.  Discredited by a public statement from Muellers office no less.  I’ve said before how much I admire Yoss’s blind loyalty to the things he believes in but - much like his constant assertions that ms are gonna make Xbox relevant to the masses again - it just must make things so much more disappointing when they don’t come to pass.

I mean i still haven’t learnt not to get excited by the things he posts but I just think trump is covered in some form of super Teflon that only the crooked and wealthy can afford.
  • He's protected by a Republican Party who remember Mitt Romney losing and being told that demographics meant they would always lose going forward.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There’s definitely something up with that story, although Mueller’s statement didn’t say it was false, it said not accurate. Lots of media commentators suggesting that the phrasing points to parts of it being true.
  • Prepare for disappointment
    hunk wrote:
    Is the Mueller report inbound 2019?

Yossarian wrote:
    There’s definitely something up with that story, although Mueller’s statement didn’t say it was false, it said not accurate. Lots of media commentators suggesting that the phrasing points to parts of it being true.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    So you believe that Mueller’s investigation isn’t going to uncover any wrongdoing from Trump and so isn’t going to cause him major headaches?
  • No major wrongdoing no, not in a substantive as opposed to a procedural sense. Just lies. That's what "perverting the course of justice" (obstruction over there) means. He lied to fend them off. There is no proof he is shilling / a Russian agent.

And he is lie proof. Trying to remove him will whip up his base. They're armed, most of them. It's dangerous.

Itll give him headaches aye, that's what it's supposed to do. Give him headaches so he will bargain on a few things - eg foreign wars. This is a bargaining chip that will be used for some corporate interests which he doesn't represent.

It will not do political damage to him. It reads as "they're trying to get him because he's against the system" to his base. He's teflon on lies. We need to get actual evidence of collusion with Russia. Or better yet, OBS, which would disenchant his base. But we won't do that, if we're Mueller, will we. OBS is strictly hands off.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think all of that may be true, although I wouldn’t entirely discount him being nailed on something considering the amount of shit he’s been up to his neck in for decades now, but even the above won’t disappoint me.
  • I'm just saying prepare to be disappointed, my reading is a lot of these stories and leaks are designed to light a fire under his ass to get him to compromise. Usually over something not altogether good for Americans or the world.

Eg Syria, he blew his top and ordered a withdrawal. But they're still there, in effect.

There is no smoking gun on Russia. There is just this instrumental stuff of saying there is, waiting for people to lie, catching them and then getting them for an instrumental crime - obstruction.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Quite possibly true, perhaps the one smart thing that Trump has done is avoiding electronic communications which makes it difficult to prove definitively, but that doesn’t mean that most of his family and advisors have been so careful. Plus, as I say, they may not be able to pin him down on Russia, but there’s every chance they’ll find something else on him.
  • Here comes the dummy but what's obs?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If he is found to have committed purgery (or instructed others to do so) then that will be grounds for impeachment, a precedent set with Nixon and Clinton.
  • The thing is I do think Mueller will deliver a bombshell.
    Congress won't care though, they'll give him a free pass as they were already aware of his shit.
    The public too will be oblivious to it numbed by fake news. Even worse, fake news makes them susceptible to targeted propaganda (hurray for social media!) claiming the opposite. Result: thumbleweeds.

Welcome to the new digital age of the 21st century.
  • https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/17/rudy-giuliani-i-never-said-there-was-no-collusion-by-trump-campaign

This is how close Mueller is with his investigation yet in America it's .....thumbleweeds?
    Trump media fatigue has set in and Trump trollingly revels in it with his tweet storms and fast food media banquet.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They're as fed up with it as most of us are with brexit.

Once actually, hard factual reports are produced and put before Congress I don't think much will change in regards to people in America devoting their attention too it.
  • It’s tumbleweeds.  Thumbleweeds is a game.
  • The weird thing is Putin must be laughing his arse off somewhere in the Kremlin.
    This is double the revenge for him.

Remember the USSR? Remember how it died? 30 or so years ago Putin too had to watch how his country crumbled from the inside out. Perestrojka and glasnost (or: vile western interference) were 'infecting' the hearts and minds of the russian people and politics. Result: the internal collapse of the USSR and end of the cold war. People in the west forgot about the old superpower and how it came to meet its end but Putin never forgot.

Brexit and Trump are his payback.
    Putin just had to observe carefully and know which buttons to press.
  • Here comes the dummy but what's obs?

Sorry I meant to say MBS Mohammed bin salman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!