Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The choice is more like a plate of shit or a plate of vomit.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    And there you go.
  • That is a rubbish analogy for politics. It’s more like you go to a wedding hoping to be fed. But you get offered a shit sandwich, or an actual shit. The sandwich’s bread may provide enough nourishment to keep you living but you’re still eating shit.

Of course not everyone’s going to be happy with what they’re offered and what they get with politics. But NHS, welfare state, new deal, even minimum wage to give the centrists their due, are all made possible by progressive politics and politicians who energise their base, are supported by unionised workforces and educated liberals, and drive support from usually disengaged voters, all whilst facing down big media, business, and the political establishment: Biden and his cronies.

He is a useless plaster over the gaping wound of American politics
  • To me it isnt just about the policy or actions when in power but the manner in which they are implemented or how the power is grabbed, plus the results of that.

People like Trump embolden the worst in our society, they normalise racism, sexism and other bigotry. Mocking disabled and mentally ill people. Pinning all the nation's ailments on immigrants.
    Manipulating, stretching and even breaking the political system, colluding with Russia.

If you ask me if I want Biden or Sanders, it is Sanders (especially as I genuinely believe he could win). But if it is Biden or Trump then it is Biden.
    Obama or Bush, Obama.
    Blair or Boris, Blair.
  • Just curious, what wedding have you ever been offered a shit sandwich? The analogy is fine. Put simply, in this years election in the US, voters have a choice between Trump and someone else. Its a choice. declining your choice doesn't mean you wont have to live either option. It doesn't mean you've avoided either the plate of shit or the plate of vomit.

It just means you decided to have no input. Yep, That'll teach 'em.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    @LD That's a bit like saying if you're a Republican but you can't stand Trump then you should vote for him anyway. Which is what we want people not to do.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Which is Trump, the chicken or the salmon?
  • Kow wrote:
    That's a bit like saying if you're a Republican but you can't stand Trump then you should vote for him anyway. Which is what we want people not to do.
    If someone thought Trump wasn't right wing, racist, sexist etc enough then they should probably do their bit to block Biden winning yeah.

What does not voting achieve?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I didn't say you shouldn't at all. I'm just pointing out that the choices will be shit. And we are hoping that moderate Republicans will abstain from voting for Trump. So logically that will happen on the other side. If we can understand that someone might feel sick to their stomach voting for Trump, then it's reasonable to suppose people will pass on Biden too.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sanders is an independent really, there's no reason to expect his supporters to automatically vote for Biden.
  • Yeah that's fine.
    The convo started with Brooks' people not voting which is what I was responding to in general.

Shit options is shit options but one will always be better than the other. I will take the shit sandwich over the shit because I can at least pick at the crusts.
    The only reason to no vote is the hope that a new dish will be handed to you. Unfortunately the likelihood is the next choice will be shit on a plate again vs festering mouldy dog shit on a plate.

• This remains the worst conversation about politics

If you can’t see (or agree) that trump getting elected is because of Obama being useless, that we got Boris because we had Blair, that voting for Biden is contributing to this shit show, then we’ll just have to agree to disagree dawgs
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Yeah that's fine. The convo started with Brooks' people not voting which is what I was responding to in general.

This is exactly what the whole point was about. 

I get people wanting a different choice but at this point thats not what will be on the table. Its a pity, I'd love to see Sanders get the nod and go up against Trump. But if he doesn't get that nod, I'd hope that his fans vote Biden as opposed to nothing. It just does not make any sense to me.
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Was Obama useless, or was he blocked by a Republican senate/Congress?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well as Brooks said, not everyone sees Biden as much of an improvement over Trump. We have a different view of things from this side of the Atlantic. Why would you vote for something you think is equally bad?
  • Funkstain wrote:
    This remains the worst conversation about politics

If you can’t see (or agree) that trump getting elected is because of Obama being useless, that we got Boris because we had Blair, that voting for Biden is contributing to this shit show, then we’ll just have to agree to disagree dawgs

Would it have all been better if we (not me, too young) didnt vote for Blair and had Major stay in No10 or IBS as PM?

Edit: or was it Hague not IBS?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Well as Brooks said, not everyone sees Biden as much of an improvement over Trump. We have a different view of things from this side of the Atlantic. Why would you vote for something you think is equally bad?

I'm not sure I can understand how Biden can be seen as equally as bad as Trump. That's why I can't understand the reasoning.
  • Was Obama useless, or was he blocked by a Republican senate/Congress?

He lost 1000 Democrat seats which led to that situation.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What was the reason he lost so many seats?
  • His middle name is Hussein.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    So that was why he was shit? He should have fixed that.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kow wrote:

I'm not sure I can understand how Biden can be seen as equally as bad as Trump. That's why I can't understand the reasoning.

Sanders' voters are not necessarily Democrats, they want real change, which is part of the reason that the party is set against him. A lot of them likely see the Democrats as a necessary evil to push their candidate. They're not just going to switch to the next candidate on the list.

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The problem they have is that they act like the Democrats are a necessary evil too, which doesn't exactly endear the movement to moderate Democrats. Which is why I said earlier that I don't think Bernie has run a great campaign.
  • Kow wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Sanders' voters are not necessarily Democrats, they want real change, which is part of the reason that the party is set against him. A lot of them likely see the Democrats as a necessary evil to push their candidate. They're not just going to switch to the next candidate on the list.

But its not like by not switching that there still isnt a binary choice. 

The question isnt which of these 2 guys do you like or support, its who do you think will be the better president.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think if you were a progressive, moderate Republican and your choice was Trump or Biden, you'd choose nothing just the same.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is there such a thing as a progressive Republican?
  • Really what we are collectively highlighting here is the dangers of the two party system.

Myself and Goober are saying vote for the least worst. Others are saying "why should we?".
    Both are valid points.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Of course there is.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!