Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    $83.3 million in damages!
  • Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It's ok he has loads of money, definitely not an exaggerated amount.

He can just sell some imaginary square footage of his Trump Tower apartment. He won't even know it's gone.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    In more good news, in a poll conducted by non other than Trump cheerleaders Fox News, 35% of Republican primary voters in New Hampshire said that they would not vote for Trump if he were the nominee. You can't win an election in the US if 35% of your own side won't vote for you.
  • $83.3 million in damages!

Rapist and a liar!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • This will likely snowball because he just won't be able to help himself and will defame her again.  I expect another case fairly soon.
  • Yep, he is not smart enough to learn that constantly running your mouth off in a public domain, hurling abusive messages and lies will get you in trouble.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yep, he is not smart enough to learn that constantly running your mouth off in a public domain, hurling abusive messages and lies will get you in trouble.

The result of a lifetime of facing zero consequences. He just can't comprehend that some one can compel him to do something he doesn't want to.
  • God bless America.
  • Yep, he is not smart enough to learn that constantly running your mouth off in a public domain, hurling abusive messages and lies will get you in trouble.
    I think it’s more that he believes he is special and the rules/trouble do not apply to him. Right now he is thinking ‘So what? It’s not as if I have to actually pay that fine.’

• Yep, a man who has never ever been told "no".

Like a giant orange spoilt toddler
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    When he's president he'll just put her in prison and take the money back.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Anyway, he'll drag it out with lawyers and appeals and is most likely correct in assuming that he will never actually pay the money.
  • He is betting the house literally and figuratively on this election.
    Antagonising judges and defaming people over and over. Some of it is his nature, some deliberate to appeal to his fan base.

If he loses I think it will get ugly again, he can't lose, he'll be totally ruined even if not in prison.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    He'll persuade 9 million Americans to give him ten bucks each to find the awful Dems trying to screw him and look he's actually in profit from the judgement
  • hunk wrote:
    The hyper division would happen regardless of Trump. It's the game of Capitalism and the end result is inevitably always the same. Trump just accelerated the process. Imho.

To eleborate on why I believe this is the case, I see it as a tic-toc effect between the republicans and the dems, both two rightwing parties. The end result is a moving goalpost with the system becoming ever more rightwing with every election. It's a continues spiral to the right ending in rightwing authoritarian fascism/nationalism.

The more rightwing a government, the leaner the operation. Until there's no more fat to trim. It ends with authoritharianism and a stripped down government. The government effectively works for Big Business mostly looking out for their interests, not for the general populace. Trump is but a symptom, the cause of the disease is systemic and much much deeper.

The above is also why we see a shift to the far right in Europe. It's inevitable.

The capitalist system is seriously out of balance and the West as a society needs to acknowledge this. If we don't/can't/won't we risk sliding into an authoratharian nationalist fascist dystopian future with our democracy on the line.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The Trump campaign is kicking in. This is obviously very broad as I’m never even in the vote but seen a couple of videos pop up on YT shorts tonight painting him as this nice guy with captions and voice overs of his good deeds. One was of a woman who was having a hard time and he wrote her a nice letter. If I’m getting this in the UK, god only knows what the US public are seeing.
  • Still watched him though didn't you? All this attention doesn't mean he's getting in.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I skipped both videos once I realised they weren’t attacking him. I’d also say he’s got a very good chance of getting in.
  • AI generated and targeted social media ads will change the world!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • He's absolutely getting in.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    He's absolutely getting in.

It's still 50/50 given American polarisation. He's also still very unpopular.
  • I dont know where to go for the best polling in the U.S but from a wide selection of ones that came up when I googled they mostly seem to point to close but Trump wins.

I do wonder if in some states we might also see similar calls like Bush/Gore Florida. Trump and his team will be putting that pressure on, even without saying anything the pressure will be present.
  • Gremill wrote:

I think we're going to see one of the lowest turnouts in modern American history - specifically from that who might have voted Dem but can't bring themselves to vote for Biden. That'll play into Trumps rabid base, who will come out to support their deity.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • The impression is that Biden's Israel idiocy has fucked him even harder than his public senility, but I'll believe it when I see them swap in some other shiny ghoul like Newsom.
  • The only remotely likeable person running for the spot is Williamson. The fucking woo-woo dame. She appears to have a conscience.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Gremill wrote:

I think we're going to see one of the lowest turnouts in modern American history - specifically from that who might have voted Dem but can't bring themselves to vote for Biden. That'll play into Trumps rabid base, who will come out to support their deity.

The turnout for the New Hampshire primary was a record 300,000. These are all republican voters. 30% of them said they wouldn't vote for trump if he's the nominee. He can't win a general if 30% of his own party's voters won't vote for him.

As much as he turns out his base, he also turns out his opponents.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    The impression is that Biden's Israel idiocy has fucked him even harder than his public senility, but I'll believe it when I see them swap in some other shiny ghoul like Newsom.

Gaza will, unfortunately, be old news by the time of the election.
  • Half of US adults believe Israel’s war in Gaza has “gone too far”, a finding driven mainly by growing disapproval among Republicans and political independents, according to a poll by the Associated Press (AP) and the NORC centre for public affairs research.

Overall, 31% of US adults approve of president Joe Biden’s handling of the conflict, including just 46% of Democrats. Notably for Biden, about seven out of 10 young people in Biden’s Democratic party disapprove of his approach to the conflict.

In all, 50% of US adults now believe Israel’s military offensive has gone beyond what it should have, the poll found. That’s up from 40% in an AP-NORC poll conducted in November.

The poll shows 33% of Republicans thought Israel’s military response had gone too far, up from 18% in November, while 52% of independents said that, up from 39%. It also found that 62% of Democrats said they feel that way, roughly the same majority as in November.

Reporting on the findings AP said:

"Fracture lines are growing in his [Biden’s]Democratic base, with some key Democratic blocs that Biden will likely need if he’s going to win a second term unhappy with his handling of the conflict.

About six in 10 non-white Democrats disapprove of how Biden is approaching the conflict, while about half of white Democrats approve.

Notably, about seven in 10 Democrats under 45 disapprove. That’s the opposite of the attitude of older Democrats, among whom nearly six in 10 approve.”

The poll also asked questions about the importance of the US helping to negotiate a ceasefire, concerns about a broader conflict in the Middle East and US support for Palestinians. AP report:

- About seven in 10 of the Democrats who disapprove of Biden’s handling of the conflict say it’s extremely or very important for the US to help negotiate a permanent ceasefire.

- Half of US adults are extremely or very concerned that the latest war between Israel and Hamas will lead to a broader conflict in the Middle East.

- 35% of US adults now describe Israel as an ally that shares US interests and values. That’s back in line with the views from before the 7 October attack by Hamas on Israel, after a brief increase in November to 44%.

- 36% of US adults say the US is not supportive enough of Palestinians, up slightly from 31% December.

- About six in 10 call recovering hostages being held by Hamas an important US priority, but only about three in 10 say it’s highly important to provide aid to Israel’s military to fight Hamas. A similar share of US adults say that about negotiating the establishment of an independent Palestinian state.

The poll of 1,152 adults was conducted using a sample drawn from NORC’s probability-based AmeriSpeak Panel, designed to represent the US population. It was conducted from 25 January-28 January 2024. That time period overlapped with the killing of three US troops in Jordan.
    - Guardian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!