Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I get that but why?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Because non of the others have?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think you have to be somewhere between narcissist and full blown psychopath to be in the running. It's in the rules. Idiots can maybe be allowed in too, as long as they show some signs of general self serving meanness.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ahh so opinion.

Edit - totally missed your point Kow.

Yes I think he could struggle for support from the usual suspects. But I think now, especially if Trump gets in, the Demo’s could be a bit more left wing in their support.
  • Biden is starting to look like fucking Mason Verger.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I get that but why?

In our capitalist political model you're only electable if you're big business minded. If you don't play ball you don't get to play with the big boys. This goes for Dems and Republicans. Someone has to sponsor those ludicrous political campaigns. Independants are usually millionaires /billionaires who have the means to finance campaigns themselves.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Nice to see Stewart back.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What happened to his voice? He's pronouncing the letter S like he has no teeth.
  • Stewart is correct in pointing out how old the candidates (Biden and Trump) are. But the main issue should be how far to the right the system has shifted. It's not just Trump, it's the whole Republican party. The Dem's aren't far behind either. They've shifted so far to the right that the future of NATO is becoming a topic of discussion. With the EU also undergoing this spiralling shift to the far right the future becomes a lot more uncertain.

I'm not a huge fan of NATO because of certain aspects of it (safeguarding traderoutes over stopping a genocide) but it did keep the threat of world conflict at bay. If this shift to the far right continues, what'll happen to NATO? Will our system become ever more authoritharian? Outlook is grim.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I get that but why?

Because the only way to function in the political system as it now stands is to be “corporate” - that is, to be seen to be at one with whatever the party’s position is on all things at all times. Doing so inevitably results in a need to compromise on your principles, thus successful political candidates have to sacrifice their integrity in order to achieve power.

We have a system that actively weeds out integrity.

• We need to burn it to the ground and start again
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just wanted to say It was so amazing to have Jon Stewart back. His schtick absolutely appeals to me
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    I get that but why?
    Because the only way to function in the political system as it now stands is to be “corporate” - that is, to be seen to be at one with whatever the party’s position is on all things at all times. Doing so inevitably results in a need to compromise on your principles, thus successful political candidates have to sacrifice their integrity in order to achieve power. We have a system that actively weeds out integrity.

But, certainly for the right, you can get in (Trump) and they think you're their man, then do what the fuck you want. Or even worse now, only be a risk of getting in and still be too shit scared of the guy to even try to go against him. He's now talking about going scorched earth on the security services and justice department. It could all be pre-election posturing of course, but who knows with this mad fascist. 

What I don't understand is why can't a well liked guy like Stewart play a similar card? Do what you need, pretend to be "their" man, to get into power, then do what the fuck you like once in. Bring in a bunch of progressive policies, fuck it, even try to rip up the current way the constitution is being enforced. 

I'd also heard a stat that about 70% of campaign funding comes from working people in America, not your big companies. If anyone could push that percentage up, I would have thought it was Stewart, who has campaigned a lot for the working man/woman. At that point, do you even need big business to support you.

It's probably just an old man dreaming, but if we wanted someone to help really make America great again, Stewart would be a top choice.
  • Man, they'd probably assasinate him if he ever tried such a stunt.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Pretending to be something just to get in really just makes you a lying fuck, like all the rest of them. It's essentially what they all do.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Just wanted to say It was so amazing to have Jon Stewart back. His schtick absolutely appeals to me

Yeah, I know what you mean. What he does makes absolutely no difference unfortunately and in some ways it's harmful in that liberals think (in the same way that posting on social media has replaced actual protest for many) "Well, Jon will change the MAGA mindset!" instead of actually agitating for change. But he's very funny and rarely wrong.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I think Jordan Klepper has consistently shown that it can't really be changed.
  • $350M and a 3 yr ban. That's got to hurt a bit.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    $450 with interest
  • That's going to be a big go fund me.
  • Trump sneakers then.
    Another leap in the Idiocracy direction for America.
  • As classy as the man himself.
    3mi2eag.jpeg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fucking hell. I suppose it makes the nutters easier to see.
  • Imagine the Trump crazies at conventions with those sneakers on. The BLING.........
  • Are there press photos of Trump wearing them? Please say there are.
  • Not that I've seen, but he has them on his lectern, which is a form of table so hopefully will bring him bad luck.
  • This is why he needs prison time, not fines.
    His nutters pay his fines for him.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I would love to see a fat old man campaigning for President of the USA wearing gold lamé trainers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!