Help get Badgers a PS4! Both PS4s boughted.
  • Wow.

Cant work out if this is generous or a kick in the nuts for those forumers without a current gen console.

The former. It's being organised by those, effectively, from the Street Fighter group because these games are important to them and they'll miss one/two of their own.

We've had it before, and I wouldn't be surprised in the future if there was a Forza/Halo/Destiny equivalent.

We're a bunch of small communities within a community, often based around the games we play together.

Would this happen with me? No, I have yet to play online with any of you guys so I'm not "missed" from games. And that's fine, I don't begrudge anyone this opportunity just because it's not happening to me.

There's been a mixture of bitterness and jealousy in this thread so far, mixed with some legit questions and classic Bantz!

I contributed, personally, for my own reasons and don't care if anyone else does/doesn't give towards it. But what I do mind is those who don't contribute but also evidently don't want anyone else to either, as if this was some affront to common decency.

There's a million other threads that exist here that I genuinely couldn't give 2 fucks about (seriously, anything Nintendo, Destiny, Halo, Forza or any of the similar threads which bung up the main page day after day - like Gears way back when) but I tolerate them because it doesn't hurt me that other guys can have fun and gain genuine enjoyment and if someone from those groups wants to do another a favour, who am I to complain?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Take up The Golf Club Cinty and we'll rule the roost togeva
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    PS4?

Yah blud
  • PS4?

Yah blud

Getting one in March, I'm in.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fucking A, nobody plays with me online because im leet 

Kappa
  • Haha, sounds perfect for me bud. I'm assuming Great Firewall induced lag won't be a big deal on an, assumedly, turn-by-turn golf game...
  • Also, can be my break game between doing Bloodborne.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lol yeah game works cracking via online <3
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Again, get me an NX cheers
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Irl we may have a child by then so partially true
  • The NX will be available for a third of the price a couple of years after release anyway.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Wow. Cant work out if this is generous or a kick in the nuts for those forumers without a current gen console.
    The former. It's being organised by those, effectively, from the Street Fighter group because these games are important to them and they'll miss one/two of their own...

I have yet to play online with any of you guys so I'm not "missed" from games.

Aye, both guys were and will be regulars. I don't have a TV/monitor or a console, but I was never a real part of our SF community, so I've no problem; happy for 'em. The only game I might be missed from is Uncharted 4, but I should be able to afford to come back in the summer.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Wow.

Cant work out if this is generous or a kick in the nuts for those forumers without a current gen console.

The former. It's being organised by those, effectively, from the Street Fighter group because these games are important to them and they'll miss one/two of their own.

We've had it before, and I wouldn't be surprised in the future if there was a Forza/Halo/Destiny equivalent.

We're a bunch of small communities within a community, often based around the games we play together.

Would this happen with me? No, I have yet to play online with any of you guys so I'm not "missed" from games. And that's fine, I don't begrudge anyone this opportunity just because it's not happening to me.

There's been a mixture of bitterness and jealousy in this thread so far, mixed with some legit questions and classic Bantz!

I contributed, personally, for my own reasons and don't care if anyone else does/doesn't give towards it. But what I do mind is those who don't contribute but also evidently don't want anyone else to either, as if this was some affront to common decency.

There's a million other threads that exist here that I genuinely couldn't give 2 fucks about (seriously, anything Nintendo, Destiny, Halo, Forza or any of the similar threads which bung up the main page day after day - like Gears way back when) but I tolerate them because it doesn't hurt me that other guys can have fun and gain genuine enjoyment and if someone from those groups wants to do another a favour, who am I to complain?

Fair play.

I cant say ought anyways, I was one of the get Yossa a Bone conspirators.

Fwiw, Ive not seen any jealousy in here though.
  • Escape wrote:
    Wow. Cant work out if this is generous or a kick in the nuts for those forumers without a current gen console.
    The former. It's being organised by those, effectively, from the Street Fighter group because these games are important to them and they'll miss one/two of their own...

I have yet to play online with any of you guys so I'm not "missed" from games.

Aye, both guys were and will be regulars. I don't have a TV/monitor or a console, but I was never a real part of our SF community, so I've no problem; happy for 'em. The only game I might be missed from is Uncharted 4, but I should be able to afford to come back in the summer.

How come you have none of those?
    Id definitely be up for a donation to get you back on uncharted mp and would have loved you around on the last of us mp.
    (i think its more your style and mine)
    My financial situation should be better then too.

Regarding cit's post on jealusy and everything else if thats aimed at me, im not jealous at all il be more than happy to street fight with some of the mm boys and hopefully learn a bot in the process.
    As they say the more the merrier.

I were just questioning it as they already had a console they chose and could clearly afford.
    Theres others here who dont have either console we could be helping.
    As i said before they always have the option of trade ins too if they absolutely have to have a certain game.

Im only not contributing as i really cant afford to atm.
    (iv canceld a couple of events over the next few days as finances have took a hit, including beardyman tonight) :(

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Scanned back through the thread in search of bitterness and jealousy and came back empty handed.  What a strange assertion to make.
    Get schwifty.
  • It's not strange at all for someone else to interpret comments differently to how you do.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • nick_md wrote:
    That smyths toys deal seems top. I've been pricing up the same all week but that beats everything I've seen for 1TB latest version console.

Pls get a ps4 or bone and destiny and carry me to the lighthouse
  • Nice work Elf. Can I get the paypal details please?

• Raiziel wrote:
    Scanned back through the thread in search of bitterness and jealousy and came back empty handed.  What a strange assertion to make.

Some of the bants treaded a fine line. And I'd argue the "there are worthier causes" stuff, whether child's play or another forumite, was pretty Oppression Olympics.

I see these various funding drives as being positive and organic so far.

Even jokingly, "well where's my x" is childish BS.

Anyhoo.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Raiziel wrote:

Yeah, it really wasn't.
  • I try to be diplomatic and stay away from replying much to bantz and those type of comments. But just to clarify/confirm what I see this as; more than anything it's like a family all chipping in for a present for a loved one or something.

Inevitably most people or some people will not be that close to or identify with Haak and Tiger as friends but just another forumite. That's why it's not a request for everyone to chip in, just those who want to. And those who want to will be those closer to the recipients. These people will also perhaps be closer to certain other forumites, ones that others won't. 

What I'm saying is that whilst we are one nice community here, we still have little circles which isn't necessarily a bad thing. And I expect people to understand that and appreciate that this is for a bunch of people who like the recipients to chip in for gifts that will make them a lot happier. 

I dunno; maybe the above will all come out wrong or be misinterprets. I'm ready to be shot down.
  • I'm all for people doing nice things for other people. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head and bantz is fine too and is a big part of this place as we all know each other pretty well.

it's all good

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • yay for doing good things!

edit: nice post cinty.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Should have a bit more coming in shortly...

WHOOP WHOOP!!!
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Sorry if I came across wrong, not my intention.

I would of contributed anyway but tbh Im fucking skint at the moment.
  • Come ere for a hug you big fuckin nana
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!