Wii
    something

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    I reached the top and had to stop.
    Brooks wrote:
    And that's what's bothering me.

I loved it if no other fucker did.
  • I've only just got here. I probably would have replied the next line, since it works, if you hadn't said anything.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Gibbon half a chance.
  • GnG is much harder on arcade, I think because the game isn't so suited to a stick. I beat it on the snes and then again on my 360 using a stick. There's some awkward RNG but in general its just a memory game like Rick Dangerous.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Facewon wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Yeah you have to clock it twice. I managed once on the snes, but that was enough.
    You surely don't belong in this thread. Surely there's never been a thing you couldn't get past? (Unless there's some uber infinite loop DDR clone thing that you can't perfect in NG++++++++++++++++) ;)

Hah, the shocking reality of old(er) age has hit me hard. I'm nowhere near as hardcore as I used to be 10 years ago.

It was a sad time as well when, after 6 years playing, I realised that I'd likely never be able to clear any but a handful of the easiest 12* beatmania songs, sometimes, on a good day. It was a true feelsbadman moment.

It's a young man's business, this videogame lark.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Weren't you coming to the pub tonight?
  • JonB wrote:
    Resident Evil on PS1. Got as far as the big snake on the return to the mansion with Chris, but simply didn't have enough ammo to kill it, and couldn't find any more lying about the place (which is by then full of hunters anyway). So that was that.

How far you've come, young padawan.
  • I've never beaten the last stage on Advance Wars. I may have already mentioned that. 

I also never beat the last stage of some Ace Combat game on 360. Too frustrating. I may have already mentioned that too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I've never beaten the last stage on Advance Wars. I may have already mentioned that.

You did, but that bastard level bears repeating.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I also never beat the last stage of some Ace Combat game on 360. Too frustrating. I may have already mentioned that too.

Assault Horizon? Oh my days that was broken.
  • Never managed to unlock IWHBD skull in H2.

Not really a level, but one of the few easter eggs I didn't get in that game. Even managed to get the scarab gun.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • JonB wrote:
    Resident Evil on PS1. Got as far as the big snake on the return to the mansion with Chris, but simply didn't have enough ammo to kill it, and couldn't find any more lying about the place (which is by then full of hunters anyway). So that was that.
    I wonder how much harder the original is to play than the remake though. It must have been much tighter with the ammo.
  • JonB wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    I wonder how much harder the original is to play than the remake though. It must have been much tighter with the ammo.

OG is not that much harder - yes ammo was tighter, but Remake added extra bosses and crimson heads.

Hell - you've done the remake 5 times now? There's no way you'd get stuck on PSOne Resi again, even if it was harder.
  • Resi 2 Tofu run on the other hand...
  • Yeah, I never tried the original again after that point. It wasn't until Resi 2 that it really became fun to play, although I like the setting and the way puzzles and traps are integrated in 1.

The only one I've played a lot until recently was 3, even though it wasn't the best. Did some speed running on that.

I'd appreciate remakes of 2 and 3 I reckon.
  • What I think was the last level of Bayonetta. Hampered by the fact that I didn't read the manual and never found the potions/mixing screen, so I had to buy all my health lollipops from Ving Rhames. Consequently I didn't level up as I should have done.
  • As a young 'un, I never managed to beat the very last bit of Super Star Wars on SNES. Bastard Darth was predicting what I was doing.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • * Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3: any of the three ninja women = death to controller.
    * Final Fantasy X: got up to Jecht. Didnt want to grind another 10 levels.
    * FFIX: Garland is a cunt and can fuck off along with the high spawning random encounters. To set random encounter rate to zero, don't put the fucking disc in the console.
    * Captain Toad: Mummy Maze Forever. I try. I just can't get past 3000 coins.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Level 8 of Battletoads - called Intruder Excluder.

There was a cheap boss rush section in the last level of Legend of Mystical Ninja on SNES that saw me off on that game.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    FFIX: Garland is a cunt and can fuck off along with the high spawning random encounters. To set random encounter rate to zero, don't put the fucking disc in the console.

What pissed me off about IX's system is how you have practically no control over when Dyne's get used. Ludakris. Usually triggered on the last hit of some bog standard random encounter.
  • Oh and Earthworm Jim. I hate hate hate hate hate that cunting underwater bobble level.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Oh and Earthworm Jim. I hate hate hate hate hate that cunting underwater bobble level.
    That's as far as I got as well. Think it was only about level 3. It seemed so good for the first couple of levels, but was a big waste of money in the end. I Only ever saw the rest of the game with cheats.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Second Wizpig race in Diddy Kong Racing. Just remember I gave up at that point. Right at the end of the game.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I lost my admiration for all things Zelda in Jabu Jabu's belly.  Even getting into it felt contrived - having to find an object in the lake (was a letter?) and then returning it to the king just felt forced. Nothing matches the greatness that was Link to the Past.
  • I played and finished Metal Gear Solid on the Gamecube. Played the PSone version on PS3 again not long ago and was enjoying it until the bit where your getting tortured or something, you have to button mash very rapidly so I just stopped there. Fuck any game that requires me to almost sprain my thumb or get RSI.

Surprised no one picked up on this, but you know you can just submit right? That way you get the stealth suit at the end.

Anyway, this fucking level:

hqdefault.jpg
  • I've never been a fan of JRPGs but wanted to give one a proper shot so I've at least tried. So I played Lost Odyssey on the 360. And I really didn't like it. Hated the turned based combat and couldn't be arsed with the story. But I persevered and got right to the final boss only to find that my team was woefully underpowered and that the only way to succeed would be to grind for a few hours. Couldn't do it. Never played it again. But it's always annoyed me that I never did finish it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Anyway, this fucking level:

hqdefault.jpg

I'm sure I referenced this in an earlier incarnation of this thread. Tears of frustration were shed.
  • Anyway, this fucking level: hqdefault.jpg

Ha, definitely.  Lose the gun and you may as well start again, but the gun doesn't help as they still need two hits (?) each.  It's poor design; the margin for error is minuscule and the collisions are slightly off.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!