Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Can you save on console version? I don't think you can on pc.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh I'd have blown a gasket had I not been able to.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    45% off on steam, eh?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    You need to make some traps and catch them wascally wabbits.
    I can't make a trap!!

You need to go to the cabin at Mystery Lake with the crafting table in it.  There's plans there to make a snare providing you have the materials, which you might.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh yeh I know that but have no cured guts....but....
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This game!

So I venture out of my lovely barn to find food. It's my only choice. I find a road and what looks like a bridge in the distance so I head for that. But....a blizzard arrives. Fuck. As I near the bridge I see an abandoned car and duck into it to get out of the cold.

I search the car glove box and find an energy bar. That will at least stave off the hunger for a little longer. I wait in the car for the blizzard to pass, cold and still hungry.

At last the blizzard passes so I venture out again. I'm starving again by this point, and the cold is biting at me hard. I need to find shelter again. No. No please no. ANOTHER BLIZZARD! FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I'm desperate now so break into a jog. I must find shelter. I'm freezing, my pace is dropping. I must. Find.......wait. Oh my. Oh yes. A FARMHOUSE!

I make it to the building and frantically search for food. I find a few cans and a stove and cook up some pork and beans. I made it. I'm safe.

After a tasty supper of pork and beans, salty crackers and a can of orange soda I go upstairs and find a lovely double bed and get my head down. Full of beans, warm and as happy as is possible. I'll search the house tomorrow.

In the morning I search the house. It's huge and full of goodies. Not a huge amount of food, but tons of firewood material- shelves, chairs etc. More kerosene, medicines. Amazing haul. I check the basement and there's s crafting table. Then I find....only a fucking hunting rifle! Jackpot.

I defide to have a scout round the farmhouse and realise that there's a bunch of deer roaming about right nearby. Amazing. My food needs are sorted now too. I notice a deer corpse in the distance and high tail it over to get me some meat and hide. Just as I near it I notice a wolf running across the fields. Shit. Too good to be true. But at least I have a rifle now, the fuckers should be scared of me. Then I see it. The reason it is running.

A bear.

Oh no. Oh God. And its coming towards me. Fuck. I turn and run but its getting closer. As I near the farmhouse I notice another car and leap into it.

So that's where I am. In an abandoned car about 20 feet away from home, with a bear trying to figure out how to eat me.

This. Game.

Problem is, half my gear is now in the barn, a fair distance away. Where I am now is a MUCH better base, so I'm gonna have to do a few trips back and forth to sort it all out.

Well, as soon as this bear fucks off :(
  • Sold.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • @Frantic - do you play on the hardest mode?
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nah I only just got it and want to get a feel of it.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    After a tasty supper of pork and beans, salty crackers and a can of orange soda

Sounds like tea for our DS.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Fuuuuck. This sounds great.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I've just blown four hours on it!! Can't believe the time!!!

Made it to the ninth day now, same farmhouse as Frantic, I think. Had three of the closest calls possible. Honestly no idea how I made it through. Got through three very bad cases of hypothermia, one horrendous dose of food poisoning (accidentally ate raw venison - watch that people, it's nasty, especially coupled with hypothermia lol) and survived a surprising drop from a high ledge which landed me with a sprained ankle, bruising and torn clothing miles from base. The stumble back was agonisingly slow - the cold made me delirious to the point of complete hallucinations and somehow, after an eternity, I just literally fell on top of the farmhouse and made it in the door with seconds to spare. The missus was proper into it and helping me keep my head.

No game has ever given me that feeling of relief like this game has. Ever.

Things have become desperate now, just as many of my drawn out efforts are starting to come to fruition. I have deer hides that have been curing for a week nearly ready, guts curing ready to sow together a nice coat and mittens, snares set out around the farm (no catches yet, bugger, what am I doing wrong?) I have a hacksaw for busting up big stuff and a grindstone for sharpening my blades.

Trouble is, food is all gone, including the peanut butter I was saving. That stuff is calorific gold. I'm now reliant on a rabbit getting caught in a snare, or else I have to venture out to new pastures - not a good prospect on an empty stomach.

This game.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Why isn't it on psfour
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Ah fuck, a tragic, drawn out death. I died of starvation. You can actually last a good while starving, as long as you keep warm and have water...

AFZfBjl.jpg

Love all the stats at the end...

swJnvHP.jpg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You need to place the snares where you have seen a few rabbits. The rabbits actually have to trigger the snare so you need to put it where they are going to pass through.  If you haven't seen any rabbits around the house, you won't catch any with snares.
  • Yeah I placed a snare quite a distance from the house where I saw rabbits scurrying about but no luck. Can you actually observe them getting caught? Seems like such a long shot to actually snag the little fucker!!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm on day 12 but have had some close calls tonight. It's amazing how fast things go to shit.

Went out to hunt, killed a deer and skinned it etc beside a good fire. All is great. 5 mins later I'm crouched behind a rock sheltering from a blizzard desperately trying to start another fire but had no tinder. So I had to brave the blizzard, surrounded by silhouettes of wolves, to find twigs to break into kindling.

By the time I made it back home I was hallucinating too, on deaths door. Stupid blizzard kept changing direction so and I ran out of wood with all my attempts to stay out of the wind.
  • Wolf central for me tonight, hunners of the friggers everywhere.  Survived two attacks before stumbling upon the what I thought to be the relative safety of the dam.  Started looting the lockers before there was a huge growl behind me and another wolf savaging.  It ran off before returning to finish the job.  Stats showed I had eight wolf encounters, piss take.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah I placed a snare quite a distance from the house where I saw rabbits scurrying about but no luck. Can you actually observe them getting caught? Seems like such a long shot to actually snag the little fucker!!

I used to put about 8 out, and I'd normally bag 4 to 6 rabbits.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Try hiding them in tufts of gras, or by tree roots/trunks.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Remind me to not be in a plane crash with Webbo.
  • I wouldn't mind as my Christian name means wolf-counsel, not wolf food.
  • Lupine Fiasco.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Lobo Tomise.
  • Okay, this looks different.
    Tempted to get this and firewatch.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • So I bought this after watching The Revenant for the second time.  Really looking forward to the level
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • How long do games usually last in this, on average?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Depends. My first few games were around a few hours but I'm on a good run at the moment so its longer.

The Story mode sounds really good, and that will be released in 3-4 hour episodes apparently.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!