Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm pro EU and bought fruit. Why do I deserve a punch?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The only way out of this idiocy is to punch anyone pro-EU who bought fruit and veg pre-Brexit without giving a fucking shit.
    For context.

• You do understand that the two previous posts were talking about violence? You do understand the point was was to sort point out that it was idiotic and hypocritical? 

You do understand that fruit pickers were largely ignored before Brexit? You do understand that what people on the left find upsetting now was not upsetting for the last 15 years? 

Mainly, do you understand why it's a bit shit to be suddenly interested in the welfare of EU migrant workers now we're out of Europe?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've always been concerned about workers welfare, but I don't want scurvy.
  • You actually don't understand the hypocrisy then. Fair enough, carry on.
  • Everyone else does.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    OK then, please don't punch me when you buy me that pint.
  • I won't, I promise. x
  • Brexit means Brexit. And we'll make a success of it.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

How much were you paid to write that ;)

Too long. Three words max.

Brexit is sex.

There, now we're good
    SFV - reddave360
  • Too late, I've eaten fruit in the past 5 years so I'm off to be crucified.
  • Breakfast means Breakfast.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Apricot means Apricot.
  • Beans means Heinz
  • My sister's neighbours are having a bouncy castle party.  There are a load of folk round that don't live there.  Fucking brainless.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bouncy castles are great at spreading normal germs, those smooth shiny surfaces covered in kids snot and dribble is basically a Covid-19 delivery system.
  • So, I hope some of you were up at midnight, holding a candlelit vigil for the UK's livelihood, as the deadline for the UK to ask for a transition extension passed without so much as a murmur.

This is it folks: there are no mechanisms in place for a transition extension, and as of the end of this year we are out with a thump on our arses as the door gets slammed behind us.

No acts of parliament can save us: a transition extension would require a new EU treaty, needing:
    - Unanimous EU27 approval followed by
    - Unanimous 27 parliaments approving the treaty in domestic law followed by
    - Unanimous regional voting in some regions (eg: Belgium's regions, one of which saved us from TTIP)
    - Then in some countries (Ireland for example) a public referendum on adoption

So in short - not gonna happen. So we're reliant upon Johnson &co coming up with some kind of deal covering some amount of our tradable goods, services and rights.

Exactly how fucked are we? Difficult to know (it'll be bad but how bad? and who the fuck cares about fish so much?), but what we do know is that even if we ever join again, it will be in much reduced circumstances, without any of the incredible privileges we currently enjoy (rebate, independent currency, non-Schengen...).

For the extremely fortunate, like me, it may be time to leave - who wants to live in such an inward looking, xenophobic, intolerant, "exceptionalist" island shithole? - but pity the rest, and laugh at the tragicomedy of brexiteers suddenly realising their dreams of retiring to Spain's cheaper properties have evaporated (see: Twitter thread passim and present)
  • Probably made up, but gave me a few chuckles, and continues to deliver: https://mobile.twitter.com/archer_rs/status/1277505330885386240
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Port of Larne has been instructed to set up as a border control point to be effective as 1st Jan.

Animal inspections take place there already - but at 10%. Needs to be 100%.

14 acre lorry park required at Larne and a 40,000sq ft inspection building required at Warrenpoint.

God knows how many inspectors will be needed. Good luck getting that ready by Christmas.

This is a legal requirement off the UK government as part of the Brexit agreement. It's likely the UK gov will default on legal obligations. Rogue state status here we come.

Failure to demonstrate that NI is "safe" re its interface with the EU will mean physical UK/RoI border being put up.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Christmas is when they aim to start getting ready I think Davy.
  • djchump wrote:
    Probably made up, but gave me a few chuckles, and continues to deliver: https://mobile.twitter.com/archer_rs/status/1277505330885386240

I believe it. It turns out there are a lot of easily led, easily duped, easily persuaded people. Those Nigerian  princes lasted a good long while after all.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Christmas is when they aim to start getting ready I think Davy.

That will be right.

There isn't a chance of NI being ready. There never was. I'm not sure if Johnson realises what this means , or that he does know but doesn't care.

I suspect he doesn't know and doesn't care.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    djchump wrote:
    Probably made up, but gave me a few chuckles, and continues to deliver: https://mobile.twitter.com/archer_rs/status/1277505330885386240
    I believe it. It turns out there are a lot of easily led, easily duped, easily persuaded people. Those Nigerian  princes lasted a good long while after all.
    It's 100% made up, it's just too "Some Mothers Do Ave Em" - especially the bits with the boss and being bitten by a tramp's dog.
    Continues to deliver though, I like the author's style. I hope Idiot Son makes it to France, I'm invested now.
  • Just caught up. The trans dog stuff is shark jumping I guess.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dep. 1st Minister here in NI getting heat for attending an IRA funeral with no social distancing.
  • djchump wrote:
    Funkstain wrote:
    djchump wrote:
    It's 100% made up, it's just too "Some Mothers Do Ave Em" - especially the bits with the boss and being bitten by a tramp's dog. Continues to deliver though, I like the author's style. I hope Idiot Son makes it to France, I'm invested now.

welp account deleted. We'll never know whether the son made it to France or not
  • Update! Idiot son made it to France and it turns out he's Karl Pilkington!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Dep. 1st Minister here in NI getting heat for attending an IRA funeral with no social distancing.

This is getting better.

Belfast Crematorium (the only one in N.Ireland which is booked out to the rafters and operates like an assembly line) was closed to all other cremations on the day of this IRA funeral. Local radio red hot this morning.

Staff sent home - firebrand politicians calling it a takeover of a public amenity by the IRA. I have to say I am not in disagreement with them.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!