Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • Two right here.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/26/fishing-chiefs-cry-betrayal-as-mps-fear-rush-to-ratify-brexit-deal

In their positions they should have known that the EU wouldn't give up 80% of rights and that the gov were lying to them. That is their job. To shout betrayal now means they had to have believed them in the first place.

It would be nice to think this will unravel Johnson and they will run to a better party, closer relations, maybe even rejoining. They won't. This is all fuel for Farage and Brexit 2.0 as he campaigns for us to ditch the deal.

These deluded idiots will see Brexit run forever.
  • That part i agree with! Populists need easy enemies to blame for policy failures / absences. It won’t be long before there really are clashes between french fishers and the navy
  • There’s quite a lot of stuff that will be coming up for review around the time of the next election, or just after. Can easily see Johnson pulling the same trick that he’s going to do a Best for Blighty renegotiation to ‘finish the job’ and if those Brussels bureaucrats don’t like it, we’ll flounce. But that can only happen if he gets the majority he wants. If Labour get in, they’ll undo all the hard work.
  • It really will come down to whether Britain feels like a better place under his watch. It’s his deal, his negotiation his everything. If Britain is shit after that then he needs to go in a bin, if Britain is doing fine then he’ll win.

The other play is that Britain is shit but a new guy promising new magic will be able to keep the conservatives in charge.
  • It will end up with Con/Lab level pegging as they are now.
    Farage will rock up with whatever party he is heading at the time, doesn't matter about the party it is all about him. He will run on ditching the deal and being free from the shackles of being an MEP he can now run to be a MP and fix this country.

Tories will absolutely shit themselves about losing votes to Farage and worse having him in Parliament acting like he did as a MEP.

Tories will march to Farage's drum just like they did in 2015. It will be clear and concise messaging "Ditch the Deal". Meanwhile Lab will be standing on a manifesto of tweaking and refining what we have with complex messaging the ham brained public cant be bothered to understand.

Tory win and if Farage gets a seat they will fold him into their government somehow in an attempt to keep him quiet that won't work.

If we want to avoid this people like those two bozzos in that Grun article need to realise its no good to parrot a lie then complain when it isnt delivered. They need to challenge these shysters from the off.
  • Fishing rights was such an easy target for Farage et al. It’s a nice easy dogwhistle to those susceptible to populists.
    It looks simple and black and white I.e. our waters = our, Great British, fish
    The truth is that the industry employs about 13k people in the UK and was always going to get sold down the river for more important parts of a deal.
    If the industry leaders and spokespeople thought otherwise then they are as thick as pig shit.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • British people should just start eating mackerel. Then we could dish it instead of giving it to French industry, whose customer base know how delicious and nutritious FRESH mackerel is. None of that smoking shite and calling it kipper or whatevs.

I try to buy fresh mackerel, it's hard. Frozen Picard mackerel off ocado is the best I can manage.

Low mercury because low foodchain. Basically a thicc sardine. Just add lemon and salt to the bastard.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • While it might be the case I’m not that convinced that fishing will play that strongly. Firstly the conservatives have to say this is “taking back control” and I don’t think people care that much about fishing.

People will accept the fishing loss because they won’t feel it but they do feel like they see the problems with immigration and this deal “solves” that and the Conservatives have to say that because their deal was made on that basis.
  • But no, we have to have cod, and massive prawn from the Indian Ocean. Can't even buy fresh shrimpy anymore, to cook.myself. little prawns, low on the food chain, that's what I want. Can only buy em cooked now.
  • But no, we have to have cod, and massive prawn from the Indian Ocean. Can't even buy fresh shrimpy anymore, to cook.myself. little prawns, low on the food chain, that's what I want. Can only buy em cooked now.
    Yeh, we were looking for uncooked shrimp a while back, none.
    You can get frozen uncooked in Chinese supermarkets tho.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I'd be quite glad to just throw the entire fishing industry under the bus because it won't affect me in any way if Britain catches 0 fish.

Britain has access to some truly wonderful seafood but it seems to be such a hard sell to customers. Ireland is improving but I remember being distraught that we couldn't sell beautiful Irish trout and yet sea bass and tuna (not exactly local) would fly out the door.

But its similar with so many foods. Fillet cuts of meat are popular with the masses be it fillet steak, lamb loin or chicken breast where as most chefs know the real flavour is in the more tricky stuff.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Liver Dave..I'd eat your fucking liver if the PC brigade would let me.
  • Liver Dave..I'd eat your fucking liver if the PC brigade would let me.

As long as you don't waste the kidneys too, I don't mind. All delicious.
    SFV - reddave360
  • The 27 EU nations have given the thumbs up to the deal.
    So that is that. No deal avoided and probably a knighthood for Johnson in the bag down the line.

Brexit is done or as done as it is ever going to be. It will of course haunt this nation for at least a generation or two.
  • Bori Johnson spelt backwards sorta is Sir Obno Shnoj
  • That is his reptilian name.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They are his middle names.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The fishing industry is to blame for British people not eating British fish. They are really bad at marketing it. Get Gino Decampo and that posh bird with the big tits to say something mildy innuendoy and bobs your uncle. Makrel and trout will be flying off the shelves.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mackerel is God-like when fresh.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • British people should just start eating mackerel. Then we could dish it instead of giving it to French industry, whose customer base know how delicious and nutritious FRESH mackerel is. None of that smoking shite and calling it kipper or whatevs.

I try to buy fresh mackerel, it's hard. Frozen Picard mackerel off ocado is the best I can manage.

Low mercury because low foodchain. Basically a thicc sardine. Just add lemon and salt to the bastard.

Looking forward to the release of your cooking book.
  • Things you should only eat with just salt and lemon:

All fish.

Things you should only eat with salt and olive oil:

Liver, grilled green peppers, fresh tomato and mozzarella, anari cheese. Eggs of any kind, done in any way.

Things you should eat with onions:

Pretty much everything else.

Things you can add cumin to as well:

Lentils.

Things you can add cinnamon to as well (excluding lentils)

Everything that hasn't been mentioned so far. You may as well add fresh parsley as well at the end.

This applies only to cooked foods, not salads.

As to salads: only use Dijon mustard for the dressing. On you go.

There, now fucking publish it

• Eggs need pepper in this house.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The 27 EU nations have given the thumbs up to the deal.
    So that is that. No deal avoided and probably a knighthood for Johnson in the bag down the line.

Brexit is done or as done as it is ever going to be. It will of course haunt this nation for at least a generation or two.

Ye gods I wish this were in any way true. If you haven’t already, it’s worth hunting down some expert analysis (ie from lawyers not journalists) of the deal. It kicks almost everything into the long grass and will result in cyclical 5-year renegotiations on, well, almost everything. Including fucking fishing rights.

And in those negotiations we will be weaker and weaker.

There are no clear provisions for anything services related (basically we’re in no deal land for by far the biggest sector of our economy) and various committees and meetings and workshops are “to be setup” to work through these areas.

In almost everything the EU have either won comprehensively (big euro car manufacturers got exactly what by they wanted) or put things off

The five year reviews mean we’ll have brinksmanship “negotiating” (aka: playing populist tunes to the braying public / press) around the time of every general election and eu election. Hooray brexit will last forever!

Best trolling: the decisions made by the authority judging things like deviations from the treaty, made up of Eurocrats, and based 50% of time in EU, will be published in an EU journal (which will be the first the YK government will hear about these totally binding, non negotiable or appealable decisions impacting our laws). Brexit? Fucking sham

If Johnson gets a knighthood I’ll exterminate the queen
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You-knighted Kingdom?
  • Funkstain wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    The 27 EU nations have given the thumbs up to the deal.

Ye gods I wish this were in any way true. If you haven’t already, it’s worth hunting down some expert analysis (ie from lawyers not journalists) of the deal. It kicks almost everything into the long grass and will result in cyclical 5-year renegotiations on, well, almost everything. Including fucking fishing rights.

And in those negotiations we will be weaker and weaker.

There are no clear provisions for anything services related (basically we’re in no deal land for by far the biggest sector of our economy) and various committees and meetings and workshops are “to be setup” to work through these areas.

In almost everything the EU have either won comprehensively (big euro car manufacturers got exactly what by they wanted) or put things off

The five year reviews mean we’ll have brinksmanship “negotiating” (aka: playing populist tunes to the braying public / press) around the time of every general election and eu election. Hooray brexit will last forever!

Best trolling: the decisions made by the authority judging things like deviations from the treaty, made up of Eurocrats, and based 50% of time in EU, will be published in an EU journal (which will be the first the YK government will hear about these totally binding, non negotiable or appealable decisions impacting our laws). Brexit? Fucking sham

If Johnson gets a knighthood I’ll exterminate the queen
    Yup and it’s a complete pick and mix. Think the U.K. public aren’t up for another Brexit election and just want a touch of xenophobia to stir your base? Pretend you’re going to tear up the fishing deal. Need a big distraction and people are still dumb enough to fall for it? Do the No Deal, Australian terms thing all over again.

Endless Brexit baked into politics forever.
  • Things you should only eat with just salt and lemon:

All fish.

Things you should only eat with salt and olive oil:

Liver, grilled green peppers, fresh tomato and mozzarella, anari cheese. Eggs of any kind, done in any way.

Things you should eat with onions:

Pretty much everything else.

Things you can add cumin to as well:

Lentils.

Things you can add cinnamon to as well (excluding lentils)

Everything that hasn't been mentioned so far. You may as well add fresh parsley as well at the end.

This applies only to cooked foods, not salads.

As to salads: only use Dijon mustard for the dressing. On you go.

There, now fucking publish it

Erm Liver needs butter.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    And fava beans
  • Slash the price of domestically sourced fish. Release a cooking app promoted by some slack jawed reality TV celeb.

Job done. Might make the UK healthier.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!