Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I play too, but on pc so nobody knows. Still can't get my fucking league to start fuck it.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Just me and thee, Bob.  I struggled with the weekly at the weekend, Racenet was being a right bastard and not connecting. Last time I went off piste I was driving to the Lake District and it was a twatty farmer coming the other way doing his best Tommi Makinen impression in a Land Rover.  Twat.

How far have you got career wise?
    The Forum Herald™
  • This is the problem with this place. Everyone gets so hyped up and excited about the next big thing and then a couple of weeks later it all fades away. I miss the old days when Gears was consistently popular. :(
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Everybody grew up.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    This is the problem with this place. Everyone gets so hyped up and excited about the next big thing and then a couple of weeks later it all fades away. I miss the old days when Gears was consistently popular. :(

This takes a lot of effort but it's almost the perfect thing to dip into and out of so it deserves a long time on rotation.
    The Forum Herald™
  • @Bob - Graduated from the Open and Clubman champs and into the third one (Pro?), only two rallies in.  Done a bit of Rallycross but I've been spending most of my time in the online events.  Yourself?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Kow wrote:
    Everybody grew up.
    It seems the opposite when everyone's chasing the new shinies
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Webbins wrote:
    @Bob - Graduated from the Open and Clubman champs and into the third one (Pro?), only two rallies in.  Done a bit of Rallycross but I've been spending most of my time in the online events.  Yourself?

I'm in the elite category in group a delta integrale. Currently running 2nd overall four events in. I think this is probably my limit.

The Forum Herald™
  • This really is getting bastard hard now.. Some of the longer 7/8 minute stages are taking nearly an hour to complete to get a reasonable run. There's so many chances for having an off that can take you right out of contention. Combined with Codemaster's throw a six to start handling that means that it's hard to be consistent.. Corners that you've had alright several times before can suddenly catch you out for no apparent reason.. Handbrake turns and square turns continue to be utter bastards for consistancey..

I'm still having issues with the co-drivers and I still don't think the AI times are quite right.. I nearly always get a green first sector and then lose 7 seconds for the next two sectors before pegging them back ...

Germany is now an utter bastard. Always raining and deadly rocks. Dropped about 25 seconds behind over the first two very long stages.. and now I'm getting fastest times over the next 3 shorter stages but nowhere near enough to eat into his lead.

Still love it though. Utterly compelling.
    The Forum Herald™
  • i think i may have got to the same level as you Bob, and similarly hit my ceiling, and in turn stopped playing (but as on PC this was a few months back).  stages got too long and unforgiving, that it started becoming a chore to put enough time in to get a decent run...and like you say, you might get a green first sector, then lose tonnes of time on the next without any major mis-haps.  I also haven't really progressed as a driver, i still just slam full power/brakes and wrestle with the wheel, i have no inclination for car setup etc, and i enjoy the fun of playing with manual H shift gears, all of which means i tend to attack stages like i'm playing grid which usually gets messy quickly.

i did have a bash the other day, tried one of the daily challenges and was actually top of the leaderboard for a while!  ok, full disclosure...i loaded it up just as the new challenge came online, which i quit after a number of crashes, and so there was only two of us on the board, both having failed to finish, but i was number 1! :)

also they added classic minis to the rallycross (which may have just been part of the console release) and i enjoyed that quite a bit, the proper rallycross cars just seemed too fast and out of control when i tried them, and the tyres burst all the time (something i read they've fixed but never tried since).
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Aye Rallycross Minis are in the console version as well as the Super 1600s. I don't get on with the Supercar crossers either, at least not with no assists and locked to cockpit cam, same with the hill climbers.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • To be fair I only tried one Rallycross event ... They AI start like bastards.. I couldn't get on with the joker lap though.

I understand the concept. I just couldn't see where I was supposed to go at the end of it.. It was a really confusing layout.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I said as much earlier, I'm sure they are all running TC.  Another flaw in Rallycross at the start is if you are running with visual pace notes off and cockpit cam, you don't get an on screen countdown, you can't see the lights and you can barely hear the countdown over your revving engine.
  • The AI do start well like...my daughter wanted to play (where i would even do the accelartor/brake for her and she just had to steer), so i set it up as easy as poss, all assists,  auto gears etc, and would still get mullered at the start.

i think i tried hillclimb once and didn't get passed the first corner after a few tries and didn't bother with it again, those suped up cars just seemed to understeer off the road whatever i did (same when i used similar cars in rallycross)
  • Webbins wrote:
    I said as much earlier, I'm sure they are all running TC.  Another flaw in Rallycross at the start is if you are running with visual pace notes off and cockpit cam, you don't get an on screen countdown, you can't see the lights and you can barely hear the countdown over your revving engine.

Am I right in thinking position counts for nothing, and lap time is king?

As for career despite winning the last eight stages I couldn't over haul the leader, I'm now 3 points behind heading into the final event.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I think in the heats, lap time is king, but in the final it's balls to the floor.
  • Presumably I'll get more competitive as my car upgrades but I was really getting into Rallycross last night... It's a nice palette cleanser after the white hot cruicible of competition that is Rallying.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Recent progress has been a game of two halves.

I've really got into the rallycross and after three seasons managed to get promoted. All down to practice and car set up I think. Dropped the gear ratios way down and threw the brake bias way back to get it sliding round the corners nicely.. once your competitive the joker system really comes into it's own.. although I don't think too much time has been spent on the AI. They can be pretty aggressive.

Rally wise Elite level is even more difficult. For the first time I'm not in podium contention.. I'm running 6th with a genuinely fucked little 2010 Fiesta.. Tried to hard early doors and now I can't repair enough.. which is making the car slow even though I'm getting more used to it.. I hate Greece.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Racist
  • I blame them for the economy. Their rally is also bastard hard.
    The Forum Herald™
  • the greece stages just make me think 'this is nuts, who in their right mind would try to drive fast along a road like this in the real world'.  i also hate them cos i can't do them.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    This is Deal of the Week on PS4, so thought I'd have a bash. It's good, but it's no Driveclub.

Is there a B&B PS4 league?
  • You can start  your own league and I'll join.

It's no Driveclub and all the better for it.

I'll look forward to seeing you smashing all my stage times.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Giving the career a rest and getting stuck into the custom leagues and it's all the better for it. I can choose my own difficulty which means it's s stern, not impossible, challenge and I can limit it to six stages per rally. It's given it a new lease of life
    The Forum Herald™
  • Drilling down into the trophies now. Got the 5%. Left foot braking has really upped my game.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I have this. What do I need to know?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Left foot braking! it's tough. Get stuck in. I'm still getting a lot of pleasure/frustration out of it.

If you start career the best opening car is the mini.
    The Forum Herald™
  • How do you do left foot braking?  I just use my fingers.
  • Webbins wrote:
    How do you do left foot braking?  I just use my fingers.

From the Steam threads I was reading after you kind pointing me in the direction the technique basically emulates left foot braking so you brake with you left finger (left foot) while keeping the right foot (right finger) applied to the throttle. Obviously when you drive normally you use your right foot for both. So I've been taking my finger off the throttle before braking. It deffo seems to improve your stage times.. or mine.
    The Forum Herald™
  • pfft, left foot braking is for amateurs, pros use 'heel and toe'.
    not that i can use either of those methods! :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!