Dirt Souls/Rally
  • I reckon it'll be Tuesday before I'm actually playing this.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Total disasters of rallies today. Off the track and eliminated in Scandinavia and destroyed the car in Wales. Out of practice I guess.
  • Aye I've not played for a few weeks and the fear of failure is holding me back.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • First run on this today. Lovely. Lots of options, very straight laced in all the right ways. And nails hard. I crashed and was way behind time most of the time.

It's taken how long, but we have the mccrae 2.0 follow up.
  • It truly is a very good game.

I'm getting into the Rallycross now. I've finally got a set up that I'm happy with and I can pretty much set faster times than the AI finally. Of course they always get a lead off the line and actually trying to win is still tough.

It really needs a lot of learning of the course too. Great stuff.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I came third! Even seeing green on the countdown clock for a bit is a victory.

Love that they've brought back timed repairs.

Love knowing I don't know shit yet, and there's so much more to learn see and do.
  • Fully upgraded my Clio rally cross car and almost perfected starts ( I get about 1 out of 5) where I almost keep up but I can win the occasional heat now.

It's required a lot of dedication and almost constant fiddling with set up. Even after my previous post to say I was happy.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Is an in car rez impersonation a known glitch. Did Sweden yesterday and Max headroom appeared to have done the internal paint job.
  • ?
  • Yes, I have had that many times. Most unwelcome.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Known bone glitch apparently bit iv never seen it myself.
    (obviously)
  • Never had it on PS4. Occasionally it stutters a bit.

Attempted the monthly challenge yesterday. First corner first stage had a massive off and smashed up the bumper and radiator.. now any frontal impact immedeately ruins the radiator so I'm fixing that every other stage and everything else is getting progressively worse.. still.. only another 18 stages to go.
    The Forum Herald™
  • No glitches and had a good crack through my first series. Had a taste of all the areas now. Just stunning.

So much going on. Tried my first daily challenge. Wow, mini to 306. Woah.

Bombed out on my second daily though.

Fuck knows what to do with all the car setting up though. Was barely on top of the 2.0 style sliders and now I've unlocked advanced. Jesus.

• Facewon wrote:
    No glitches and had a good crack through my first series. Had a taste of all the areas now. Just stunning. So much going on. Tried my first daily challenge. Wow, mini to 306. Woah. Bombed out on my second daily though. Fuck knows what to do with all the car setting up though. Was barely on top of the 2.0 style sliders and now I've unlocked advanced. Jesus.

There's a very handy tips on the steam forums.. google it.

Basically though you want the gears no higher than half and the brake balance the same (Although I like mine slightly rear biased) but he goes into great depth.

Had a mechanical failure after 14 or stages of the monthly.. I just couldn't stop losing the entire radiator every couple of stages.. must be group B fragility? and so everything else just went tits.. I can normally keep everything on my '10 Fiesta within about 90%.

I'll have another crack in July *rolls eyes*
    The Forum Herald™
  • Managed to crash through wooden barriers off the road into retirement on today's daily, that's never happened before.
    The Forum Herald™
  • So I'm about half way through the July monthly challenge and hovering just outside the TOP TEN people!

13631595_10210377844741531_8301672112364757503_n.jpg?oh=3e8d92631a986c29c16c3b417ce09352&oe=5831B0C8/

I'm sure it wont last until the end but I'm pretty proud of that.
    The Forum Herald™
  • not bad, Bob.  do you only get one shot at those too, or allowed to retry as often as you like?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • No, One shot. 14 stages into June when I got mechanical retirement. Makes it super tense.
    The Forum Herald™
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Following on from Ram's question, how does the monthly challenge work more generally? Sounds involving.
  • There's 24 stages, released in batches, But you don't have to do it one go, It uploads times per stage, and will even record the time and upload next time you're online if  you're not online.

You have to have an elligible car in your garage and you there's no restarts, So if like me last month you damage the radiator first corner of the first stage your on the back foot for the rest of the event.

Otherwise much the same as the career. Set up is allowed.
    The Forum Herald™
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Is it 24 random stages from the game or is each batch based around a particular country for a degree of consistency?
  • Each batch of six seems themed to a country. So you'll do four countries over the month. But you've got chance to get into your groove. Plus you can change set up every two stages, seemingly without effecting the amount of time available for fixing the car.
    The Forum Herald™
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Sounds good. The news that it is coming to Rift in the VR thread is intriguing also. I really need to try this at some point!
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Indeed! quite the squeak when that finally dropped.... 

GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • From hero to zero, clipped the apex, hit the wall and rolled out over it into an unrecoverable retirement. Ah well I guess there's always August.
    The Forum Herald™
  • This is VR'd today. Now the Vive has SteamVR supersampling resolution boosting witchcraft I'll check it out later.
  • Have this downloading for oculus right now, quite excited, despite the fact it asked me to make 80+gb room on my C: drive to install
  • Played a bit in VR - great fun, a very cool and informed conversion to VR, and thrilling as hell when you have a decent bit of driving going on, not that this happens much for me i'm terrible at it. Crashing is annoying as hell. Time to get some skillls somehow
  • I wonder if they'll be able to patch in support for psvr?
    The Forum Herald™
  • VR is very demanding on a system, even with some of VR advances seeing the light now like asynchonous timewarp and single pass rendering and wotnot. I'm not expecting to see any typically hardware-challenging games for the ps4 being supported although the settings on the pc version to allow a great deal of control over the experience, so maybe with less visual prettiness it might work just fine in VR. Anyone with an OR CE or HTC Vive though are really in for a treat. Using the DK2 is fun but I know it would be so much better on consumer headsets

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!