GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I had this today:

Original-Linghams-Chilli-Sauce.jpg

With some Momo Chinese chicken dumplings.

It's good source.
  • AJ wrote:
    I_R wrote:

So, basically, it does everything that everyone who wasn't me said. I need better sources, obviously.

Do you even source, bro?
    djchump wrote:
    Ketchup's the best.

Wrong. Ketchup is for, er, chumps. But not the good chumps, the chump chumps.
    cockbeard wrote:
    Daddie's

My man. Took 4 bottles back from the UK. They make a bacon sarnie into a bacon dreamboat.
  • Goober's chilli sauce also looks good.
  • That chilli sauce is sobest.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I had this today:

Original-Linghams-Chilli-Sauce.jpg

With some Momo Chinese chicken dumplings.

It's good source.

What are you playing at? Never reveal your sauces.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thing with the mobile phone model is its worth it as it does a lot more than just play games. In addition any of the games you do buy are about £10 at most. Buying a console at £700 and then still having to buy games at £60 just isn't going to happen.

Regarding the VR and power/CPU thing I'd have to say that would be a stupid idea, but then again this is Sony who seem to fuck up a lot.
  • If they do the phone model, I really can't see them being more than £400 at launch. Gotta remember that you won't have to have the latest model to play 99% of games, either, so you can quite happily buy a gen or two behind to save money.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    While you won't have to I think people playing games on a console will want the latest. With phones games are secondary so can be a few years old and still sell.

• If they're going down the x86 api route from now on I don't see the problem with this. Some software only works on the newest ipad, some works on all ipads. The ones that won't work just don't appear in the shop.

Now all they need to do is rig real shops up with VR so pikey customers are presented with a virtual shop and can't see all the PS6.9 games on the shelves.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    But they'll nick the VR headsets.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    While you won't have to I think people playing games on a console will want the latest.

And I don't think those people will be the majority. I certainly won't be one of them.
  • If they were going for an iPad style model, it wouldn't matter if people stayed with the older machines. They'd probably make more (on the console at least) from people buying the older one.
  • This is probably quite relevant to the topic at hand... Sony launches it's new 4K streaming service.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • $30 per title AND you must own a Sony 4k TV from 2015 or 2016.
    Pricey.

Not sure why they have limited the service so much, shirley it would benefit the 4k media type by opening it up to more people.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sony is as Sony does. It's little wonder that they're losing money hand over fist in pretty much every area other than consoles.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Try telling the board that we're going to host and stream movies, to people who aren't even our customers. Sony relies heavily on trying to be an aspirational brand, and at the same time wanting to reward existing customers, so they evangelise us so keeping it aspirational
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I think it's only the image sensor part of Sony that are losing money right now, which bums me out because the'll probably ease off developing badass sensors.
  • djchump wrote:
    they want UWP (which, given the state of Gears Ultimate, is a disaster right now and could go the way of GFWL), ...

Seems UWP is still a complete mess on PC:  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-went-wrong-with-quantum-break-pc
    Also: bonus points to UWP for overwriting our Xbox One completed game save with fresh PC data instead, eliminating our existing progress completely.
    Oh dear - probably won't be many people double-dipping the xbone and PC versions I would have thought, but still, ouch. You'd hope if it was a universal platform that when the PC version installed it wouldn't wipe anything, and when launched it would detect the xbone save and load that, rather than whichever step wiping it.
  • Sony 4K console specs and other stuff.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/sources-the-upgraded-playstation-4-is-codenamed-ne/1100-5437/
    Sony seems committed to keeping the NEO and the original PS4 player bases connected. As such, there will be no NEO-only games, and Sony will not let developers separate NEO users from original PS4 players while playing on PSN. Likewise, Sony explicitly and repeatedly states that developers cannot offer exclusive gameplay options or special unlockables for NEO players—so don’t expect NEO owners to get a level editor or a special Rocket League car that you won’t have access to on your original PS4. That said, so long as both systems have the same feature, the NEO can run an improved version. A local co-op game that features four players on the base PS4 could offer an eight player co-op mode on the NEO, for instance. But again, don't expect those differences to transfer to online modes.

Sounds fair enough. If Sony stick to this, I don't have any complaints. Although I think I'll wait for the PS 5.5 next time around rather than going in during the first couple of years.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So the only benefit will be visual fidelity in FPS games that would help with spotting and aiming at enemies? Which is pretty much the same with PC gaming.
  • Kinda expected CPU and GPU clock speed bumps, didn't expect a bandwidth bump as well though. Surprising that they've doubled the compute unit count as well, when PS4 already had 50% more CUs than xbone - presumably they figure it's a good future-proofing for GPGPU.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Or it's the minimum they need for half-decent VR.
  • I wouldn't have thought compute would really come into it TBH - GPU bandwidth absolutely. Maybe they use it for the last-instant reprojection? But the valve papers are quite explicit about not relying on reprojection to salve framerate issues, so I'm not really sure where GPGPU fits into the VR render pipeline - the articles I've skimmed haven't described the actual nuts and bolts and explicitly said anything about offloading to GPU compute. 
    There's been some interesting "whole pipeline including visibility culling done on GPU with compute units rather than CPU" ideas in the past couple years what with DX12 and Vulkan giving much better random access buffers for write, and thus usable scatter ops rather than the traditional render gather only - but I'm also very out of the loop on all that as well.

I mean, timing wise, seems pretty obvious the PS4K/NEO/MATRIX is for better VR when it launches, so I guess it must come into the equation somewhere.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I still think this is a terrible idea.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    So the only benefit will be visual fidelity in FPS games that would help with spotting and aiming at enemies? Which is pretty much the same with PC gaming.

It's worth pointing out that this is the exact reason Bungie decided not to allow cross play between last and current gen.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It certainly throws up a tonne of new outcomes. Many of them not good.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    It's worth pointing out that this is the exact reason Bungie decided not to allow cross play between last and current gen.

Yeah it does add a problem to PvP balance. Are we now in the pay to win have an advantage mentality, and why wouldn't Sony want this, it'll help shift boxes, even though I think it is way too early to be upgrading my PS4.
  • This just sounds like an all in one VR friendly unit without having to have life support units hanging off it.

A bit like new 3DS with its built in NFC and 2nd stick/extra shoulder buttons. That has exclusive games though, hopefully Sony stick with not doing that with this.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Will VR be cheaper with a 4.5 though?  i.e. no outside box?  Or just better?
  • My main concern was being demoted to second-class user status by a series of later release dates, exclusive nonsense and all the rest of it. But it sounds like Sony are making efforts not to piss their original buyers off, so they seem to get that. 
    g.man wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    It certainly throws up a tonne of new outcomes. Many of them not good.
    Go on.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!