Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Who gives a fuck how you look as long as you're enjoying yourself.
    It isn't what it looks like that's the problem. It's what it does. If it does anything it isolates people from each other even more so than they are already.

So?  If you don't like it then you get to steer clear and play multiplayer games on a Nintendo console if that's what you're after.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You asked who gives a fuck, you don't get to say 'so' if someone says 'me'.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Well he changed his point somewhat so yes I do.
    Get schwifty.
  • adkm
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @adkm1979
    Xbox
    adkm1979
    PSN
    adkm1979
    Steam
    adkm1979

Send message
    Catching up a bit, but you have to wonder what kind of person that NeoGaf shite is supposed to have been written by. Apparently, Sony are sharing all this secret information with people who have a similar amount of tech knowledge to my dad, and a similar grasp of grammar to my niece.
  • adkm wrote:
    Catching up a bit, but you have to wonder what kind of person that NeoGaf shite is supposed to have been written by. Apparently, Sony are sharing all this secret information with people who have a similar amount of tech knowledge to my dad, and a similar grasp of grammar to my niece.

Gamestop managers then.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It's a truly terrible idea. It would be scaling new heights of hubris. I so hope it's true.
    This tbh fam. I just want to watch the world burn.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    It isn't what it looks like that's the problem. It's what it does. If it does anything it isolates people from each other even more so than they are already.
    So?  If you don't like it then you get to steer clear and play multiplayer games on a Nintendo console if that's what you're after.

I may have changed tack there but I do have a point. No?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I think a they'll push VR as a social experience. You can't play a lot of the games for too long, taking turns will be a good fit. Standing up to play alone is probably dangerous. Sony have gone out of their way to integrate the TV screen. Most of these firms want the Wii audience in the long run, not hardcore PC gamers.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    davyK wrote:

Maybe you do.  It's not honestly a concern of mine.  On the whole I've found my hobby to be a solitary one.  I have no great need to connect with other people when I'm playing a videogame.  I do plenty of that when I'm not playing games.  If, davy, you do desire something a little more inclusive then VR probably just isn't for you.  You're more than catered for with other games on other systems I would assume.

I'm not sure if this will or is a thing at the moment but isn't there the possibility of asymmetric play with VR?  Someone dons a PS VR headset and other players take up traditional controllers and use the TV for some sort of multiplayer game.
    Get schwifty.
  • VR equals 2x 1440p oled screens simultaneously @120hz. It's enough to overload any hi end GPU in a hi spec PC let alone a console. The best we'll probably get is mirroring of the vr screens to TV/monitor.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Maybe you do.  It's not honestly a concern of mine.  On the whole I've found my hobby to be a solitary one.  I have no great need to connect with other people when I'm playing a videogame.  I do plenty of that when I'm not playing games.  If, davy, you do desire something a little more inclusive then VR probably just isn't for you.  You're more than catered for with other games on other systems I would assume. I'm not sure if this will or is a thing at the moment but isn't there the possibility of asymmetric play with VR?  Someone dons a PS VR headset and other players take up traditional controllers and use the TV for some sort of multiplayer game.

Fair enough.

Please don't think I'm a Luddite. I think VR will be brilliant and will definitely create some superb experiences. I think as a training/sim technology it will be quite brilliant too and open up all sorts of possibilities.

It should become part of the video game spectrum of experiences. Just want that spectrum to be as wide as possible. I don't like what online multiplayer has done to local multiplayer for example.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Sounds like we're in complete agreement then, davy.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye.
  • What's local multiplayer? Is it on Xbox Live?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yes, but only with people who share your postcode.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What's local multiplayer? Is it on Xbox Live?

I do believe it was coined in XBL phraseology. Could be wrong of course.

'tis local games for local people.
  • I_R wrote:
    I think a they'll push VR as a social experience. You can't play a lot of the games for too long, taking turns will be a good fit. Standing up to play alone is probably dangerous. Sony have gone out of their way to integrate the TV screen. Most of these firms want the Wii audience in the long run, not hardcore PC gamers.
    I think I read something on Eurogamer that the idea behind the little box that the PSVR plugs into was to output the visuals to a TV. Because they wanted it to be more social.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    If it really took off it could actually bring back arcades offering immersive shared experiences.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I_R wrote:
    I think a they'll push VR as a social experience. You can't play a lot of the games for too long, taking turns will be a good fit. Standing up to play alone is probably dangerous. Sony have gone out of their way to integrate the TV screen. Most of these firms want the Wii audience in the long run, not hardcore PC gamers.
    I think I read something on Eurogamer that the idea behind the little box that the PSVR plugs into was to output the visuals to a TV. Because they wanted it to be more social.
    I thought the box was to do with sound.
  • The eurogamer article on psvr was quite interesting...Sony's vr playroom sounds quite cool, sort of their attempt at an equivalent to wii sports / play, in the sense of getting people playing together...has some asymmetric games, people playing on the TV interacting with the person using vr etc....
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Well there we are then.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Could be effin great actually. Of course I'd like to see such a facility have a retro section with a nice selection of cabinets....

Imagine if Sega were still a force being let loose on VR.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I thought the box was to do with sound.

Everything I've heard said the box was for image distortion and interpolation.

What is the box actually for? Anyone?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It's for keeping your sandwiches, Monster Munch and Um Bongo in of course.
    Get schwifty.
  • I_R wrote:

So, basically, it does everything that everyone who wasn't me said. I need better sources, obviously.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sounds like you've got lots of good sources.
  • I don't even know what they are.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Daddie's
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!