Nioh
  • Think I'll grab this today before the sale ends. Played a few games with light weight combat recently and could do with some depth and challenge.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Wow wow wow, just beat the boat boss, that was tough, my hands are shaking. This is so dark souls like. Love it.

Tip of the iceberg. Some upcoming bosses are just brilliant.
  • Right, got it. Only had to spend another tenner anyway. Will have it lined up for when I'm done with Nier.
  • Maaan, vampire boss is a pain. :( fecking hell she's tough.

Edit: thought I'd get help on this one. So summon some help, a chick turns up and kills the boss with one hit. Wtf?!?
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Just a testament to how strong you're going to get if you make this game your life. 

First run, Way of the Samurai, is nothing. Easy mode. Way of the Demon or Way of the Wise is where all the die-hards are at this point.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • How do you switch game back to offline mode?
  • Fecking Lightening doggie. Bastard.
  • I'm yet to summon any help on this game.
  • Chalice your a better man than me. Doggie is dead (with help) and I killed next boss, first go, alone. Have one sub mission left to do then off the island. Left the twilight missions for now, presume you can come back to them.
    I do need to go back to the last two levels I've done as I think I missed some loot.
    This game defo deserves more love on here. So much like bloodborne / dark souls. Just so fecking good.
  • It's too much of a slog with its million discrete levels, and not as tightly designed as the weakest Souls game. It's still good, just not all that. I also didn't bother summoning either, I wasn't even sure how to set it up.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    I haven't summoned any "help" since that one time in Demon's Souls, October 2009. Overpowered guy comes in and fucks around, every move threatens to invalidate my perception of the game's world and my experience of it.

Never again, I said, never again. I take my bleak atmospheric singleplayer games way too serious to have other people in them.
  • This game can be so cheap sometimes. Invisible frames, unstoppable one hit kill attacks and some stupid designed levels. Poison level? Go fuck yourself. Oh a level where there's holes in the floor and if you fall in, instant death. Placing them in the boss fight arena is another go fuck yourself.
    When you die in dark souls, you know it's because you made a mistake. In this there are too many cheap deaths. Fucking cheating cunt of a game.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If I do poison boss will you do The Witness swamp area.
  • Poison boss died yesterday, struggling with the black, yellow eyed sea monster.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Wow wow wow, just beat the boat boss, that was tough, my hands are shaking. This is so dark souls like. Love it.
    Tip of the iceberg. Some upcoming bosses are proper cunts.

Fixed.
  • Please excuse the following.... Ahem......

Fuck you, you stupid fucking bastard of a motherfecking boss. Take your slime black ass and yellow eye superpower back to where you came from you fucking cunt of a whore, of a whore house, in texas.

Now that I have that out of my system....

I think I may have easily exceeded 100 attempts at beating that boss. Phase 1 was easy, phase 2 was a pain in the arse. I probably fell into the water, 30 odd times. On the go that I beat him, I'd used all my health potions and I had a spare rare health potion (that I'd been saving). I accidentally used that when I didn't need to, the twat got me and I had about 5% health left. I'd been saving my living weapon for when I'd gotten the boss down to 10% of his slime ass. He had more left than I wanted, but I thought fuck it and activited it. Wailed on him and low and behold after 100 + attempts I killed him.

That was very very annoying. Fighting the boss and the environment. Cheap cheap boss.
  • That boss is indeed absolutely fucking shit. It actually made me uninstall the game for a time. Ask Haak. And yes the poison cunt level is cunt, but the cunt death drops into two foot of water are the biggest cunting cunt of all cunts. Zero need for them to be in the game.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Did you light all 3 braziers?
  • I did yes. Eventually. Tried countless times with just two.
  • I lit all three as well, it was falling in water when avoiding attacks which royally pissed me off.
    Anyway I did my next mission, a fight at the dojo by running around a tree. Lol.
  • is this an appropriate time for a git gud
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    It is.
  • Stupid game, doing the sub Misson for the one I struggled to beat the boss earlier. The final fight is against a birdman thing. But if you die you have to go through killing all the other yokai in that boss arena. Bloody stupid.
  • High five for Sloth talisman. Love it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    No no no no no no no no
  • Battle of ohasi bridge. That Fecker is tough, in the end was trying different weapons and with the sickle on a chain thing, I knocked him off the bridge. Result.
  • Just started this. Doing the demo area now. Never quite clicked with the demo, but it all seems a bit more intuitive now. Maybe the first area helped with that.
  • There were a lot of changes from the demo to the finished product. Much easier for a start. The Alpha was borderline masochistic, and the Beta was still tough. I think they balanced it just right. I think I deleted all the videos that I put up earlier in the thread but one of them was me killing a Ninja in the second demo area and the amount of energy I had to expend to successfully do the combo was like playing a damn fighting game. Now you just twat him in half with a few stabs.
  • JonB wrote:
    Just started this. Doing the demo area now. Never quite clicked with the demo, but it all seems a bit more intuitive now. Maybe the first area helped with that.

A few tips. Play in offline mode (otherwise the area is littered with graves of dead players). Do the early reverent battles ( AI ones, red sword in floor) as they will give you cups for summoning help from other players if required with boss battles. Spear is a good weapon to start out with. Fighting with dual swords is very fun. Also I've not once used the blacksmith other than to restock on arrows and bombs.
  • I remember struggling with the first Yokai demon in the demo. Didn't even continue after that. Here I just super-charged and smashed it to bits.

Just done another one in the next section which was a great little fight. Enjoying the kusari gama weapon (with spear as back up).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!