@cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Ridiculous, they do about three or four of these stupid sales a year

uULhvkh.jpg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Appreciated the heads up on that Cocko, thanks. I mean, it was too late for me to make it to my local store, but it’s the thought that counts.
  • Starting to shift my wardrobe styling somewhat.
    Out with the club, fashion fits and city wear.

Moving toward work wear and dog walking attire, while keeping some sense of style. I'm not into fleece territory quite yet.

Reinstated my Timberland boots. Got an order from Dickies for basics.
    Also picked up a nice Barbour shirt in a charity shop for a tenner and a full length, fur hood Timberland parka off eBay for £55.

Might even have a go at some unwashed denim, don't fancy the hour in the bath mind.
  • Mrs poprock asked for ‘all my sizes’ so that she could go shopping for Christmas presents. I have The Fear. 
    Spoiler:
  • Or she might get you matching outfits.
  • I trust her.

Spoiler:
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Lack of updates regarding mrs poprock's purchases.

I'm in the market for a coat, jacket- I've been wearing practical cycling / hiking wear for over a decade- I like some superdry designs but I hate logos
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    So are you looking for functional, formal, light, heavy, softshell, hardshell?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    warm, okay in rain (hood not needed), past ass- mayber
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • beano wrote:
    Lack of updates regarding mrs poprock's purchases.

Turns out she went to the Belstaff store. Mrs poprock is a keeper.
  • Told you she had better taste than me.
  • Cocko - popped into Moss Bros the other day as they've got a sale on, chap in there was trying to sell me on getting a suit made. £250 for a two piece... Sounded a good price but thought you might have some insider knowledge about if they're any good?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • hXtLtBp.jpg?1

Have become an Allsaints addict the last few months. Being close to my body goal has meant a lot of spending on clothing because I like how I look in everything. This shearling coat is my favourite acquisition. I tell ya there's no warmer jacket than one with an inside out sheep as a lining. Removable, too, so it can work as a summer jacket!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You have a manky robot hand
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Does the forum resizing not work anymore. Also, thanks.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Cocko - popped into Moss Bros the other day as they've got a sale on, chap in there was trying to sell me on getting a suit made. £250 for a two piece... Sounded a good price but thought you might have some insider knowledge about if they're any good?

Oopos, really late here, yeah they're pretty good. Made in Holland to the specs you desire. Can get a little personalisation done, without going to a full on tailor and paying that same cost before fabric is cut for true 'made to measure' you won't get anything elsewhere of a particularly higher standard. Obviously bear in mind that you are choosing the fabric etc, if you pick a shit cloth it's going to be shit, but that little rush of knowing you've had a suit made for you is pretty cool
  • Cool, thanks Cocko. Haven't ordered yet, probably going in next week.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wherabouts in the world are you? I've got quite a bit of discount allowance left before the year end
  • A made to measure suit is a waste of money imo.  I'd rather just get something off the rack that I knew was of a decent quality and style and then get it tailored.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    A made to measure suit is a waste of money imo.  I'd rather just get something off the rack that I knew was of a decent quality and style and then get it tailored.

That's pretty much what this service is, you choose fabric, lining, any customisation and we take your measurements properly, then off it goes to get made. I think it's about £100 more than buying the same the same suit off the peg, full MTM is a hella lot more than that

edit: Though I'd disagree about waste of money, if you're one of the few people that are six inches different between waist and chest and have standard length arms and legs then yay, good on you, but loads of people have mismatched arms, or like myself I'm moderately broad of chest and ridiculously narrow of waist, a lot of off the peg stuff looks stupid, so rather than take something existing to the tailor why not get in there first, can order your extras then as well, bit like speccing out a new car or pc
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Wherabouts in the world are you? I've got quite a bit of discount allowance left before the year end

I'm in Bristol mate.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    or like myself I'm moderately broad of chest and ridiculously narrow of waist,
    YOU POOR BASTARD

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'd look pretty good in a suit, but Skerret knows about suits.

I'm close to 40/30, and it is quite hard to find tops that fit the waist without grippin' the tits. Jeans, also, because I like room around the thighs (24s, I think, which don't seem at all big to me).
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Jeans are a bit of a nightmare now. The fashion for skinny jeans makes it very hard for me to find a pair that don't look like leggings on my thighs.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Modern jeans should hopefully have a short lifespan. But they're generally fuck awful while they're here.

I'm fucking freezing, rn. Really need a new coat. Also should've brought long johns
  • Are Canada Goose coats worth the expenditure?

My wife is, strangely, not a fan of the cold. The Northface jacket I bought her is not warm enough apparently.

I have seen these Canada Goose coats with increasing frequency and my curiosity has been piqued.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    g's your man to ask, he has/had one for when they've strapped him to scaffolding 200 ft up. I think he uses it at work also.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    All about layering properly surely, don't most technical jackets have a tog rating or similar, down weight or something, maybe the North Face jacket is a spring summer jacket and that's why it doesn't seem warm. G.Man said that his was proper toasty though and he was working somewhere freezing, so there's a recommendation there

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!