TITANFALL 2
  • The way it introduces a gimmick then drops it next level is quite cool. It’s like the campaign is a subtle training mission for the mp.

The timeshift level is probably the biggest example of that trait.

Im on that level too. Near the end of the level does get frustrating tbh
    PSN - minkymu
  • Would like to see more "big" games made that way, different little teams jamming out ideas for themselves then applying the overarching narrative later. Done that campaign the world of good.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Try It Takes Two for more of that sort of thing.
  • I definitely want to. It should eventually come to GP by years end, I hope.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s EA, so should hit EA Whateveritscallednow, but possibly not until a year has passed.
  • I must've been on the grumpy guts pills when I first played through the campaign on this because it's actually rip roaring fun. I was in the throes of a love/hate affair with Destiny at that time so nothing else mattered I suppose. Also, this fps boost makes such a difference. It's turbo charged it. Also highlights how weak shooter campaigns have been lately.
  • Yeah agreed. You dont notice the res drop either. Obvs 4k 120fps would be better than the 900p odd we get now on series x, but playing at 120fps is still lovely.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Cleverly respawn are adding a 3v3 deathmatch arena too Apex Legends, that game has a huge install base if they can slowly drip feed titty 2 style mp into that game it may reopen the development of titty 3.

Although there is strong suggestions that titty 3 has already been given the green light
    PSN - minkymu
  • Apparently the Titanfall community are organising as mass online play for 1st May to highlight the game to respawn, and gee up an interest in titty 3.

They are, they say, going to set the servers on fire!

Oh go on then...

Badgers assemble
    PSN - minkymu
  • tenor.gif

On your left Minky...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Lovely stiff. Don’t think you’re on my FL Red
    PSN - minkymu
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Can I join if I'm on PlayStation?
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Lovely stiff. Don’t think you’re on my FL Red

Yeah, couldn't find you guys on Tuesday. I'm reddave360.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Can I join if I'm on PlayStation?

No mate but it's coming apparently.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s sitting in my PS Plus library so would be nice if it got the update for PS5.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Lovely stiff. Don’t think you’re on my FL Red

Yeah, couldn't find you guys on Tuesday. I'm reddave360.

Will add you

PSN - minkymu
  • Cheers bud. Might be on tonight for some shootie bang as my wife is definitely studying. If anyone fancies a casual run around to shake off the ring rust, I'll be keen.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Nearly finished the campaign and wow it's a blast innit. I don't think I've had this much fun or been this impressed with an FPS since halo 1.

I'll be up for some MP when you guys get a game going.
  • Can't honestly say this game is healthy for me to be playing late at night. The MP is so tense and I'm on shredded nerves from the first minute. It's brilliant but I can only do a few games per session.
    SFV - reddave360
  • How on earth do you get an mp game? Every time i try it just sits in lobby
    PSN - minkymu
  • I never have a problem to be honest. I log in and usually have a game within 5 minutes (usually start around 9:30pm)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Oh ok i think im giving up early
    PSN - minkymu
  • I might try and finish the campaign off tonight or give the MP a crack. Anyone else on this later?
  • Again kudos to respawn.

On the back of the social media campaign by fans to melt Titty 2 mp servers respawn went and made the mp and campaign free on steam for the whole bank holiday weekend and then tweeted the shit out of it.

Bravo.

The game has just hit its highest ever log of online players at just shy of £28k
    PSN - minkymu
  • So if you want an mp game thats got noobs in it nows your chance
    PSN - minkymu
  • I had a go on Xbox last night, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing but it was fun playing. I'm definitely going back for more. It was showing as having just under 17000 players on and I was in a game within seconds. No issues what so ever for the hour or 2 I was on.
  • My advice although I've not played in a good while.

Always be moving.
    Try to map out a couple of loops per map that you can patrol while navigating smoothly. Mix them up, reverse them, cut one short and jump to the other.
    If you ever played MW2 with the ghillie suit knife build that's good training.
    This weekend will be fun against noobs as people tend to be too static at first. Certainly anyone who thinks they can camp will be easy pickings.

Take out bots when you see them but don't obsess over them.

Don't worry about doing really techy things like getting on top of Titans early on. If you want to take on Titans on foot opt for the rocket launcher heavy weapon but dont get too distracted, be careful of pilots and keep moving.

Keep your Titan build fairly simple at first. You will be disappointed if after finally getting a Titan it dies quickly so go for the heavy or mid rigs.

Give auto pilot a go with Titans as well. I think I used this most of the time in the end. One on one AI Titan with yourself supporting from the roof tops normally beats someone piloting their own Titan unless they are quite good.
  • Yeah i use the heavy machine gun titan.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Defo going to get in this weekend. Mrs still ill tho
    PSN - minkymu
  • Good tips from liv there. Also don't forget to set yourself to always be running - I think for default it's off. One of the early perks is to shoot whole running and it's worth selecting.

In regards the titans to use, I found heavy machine gun guy to be the most forgiving but the sword one is also pretty user friendly (I switched my titans melee button attack for that one to make it is easier to go swipe crazy). It is light though so not much use over any distance but in a tight battle it's good for newbies.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!