Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    As free DLC?
  • I think it's just been added in an update, oh on PC anyway..
  • I gave this another go last night, against my better judgement. I slogged it for whole minutes across a barren landscape that looked like somewhere in Wales - to a forest and a wind farm, and I encountered some BT's that spoiled the ambience considerably. Then I delivered some shit and listened to some nobody witter on about chiral guffins or some shit.

I can now definitely confirm Death Stranding is the most boring videogame I've ever played.

Well I say played, but it's more about just holding the left stick forward and tapping L and R here and there for the occasional correction. Oh and, sorry you also crouch and hold your breath for the spooky stealth bits. Utterly mind numbing.

I built a bridge, which was... great? There's a plethora of gear to craft and things to tinker with and sprays to fix your cargo and boots and ladders
    and monster energy and why you'd ever want to meddle with any of that is beyond me. The game seems packed with guff that amounts to very little in the way of gameplay. Constantly in and out of menus, fannying about with boxes, having to stop and rock a stupid baby in a jar to soothe it by way of about ten different buttons and the endlessly repeated cut scenes which take ages even when you skip them jesus christ I dunno how anyone could endure more than 5 hours of this.

Kojima, I appreciate you've tried something new here, but this is certainly not a new genre, it's akin to waiting for recovery when you've broken down on the side of the road. Never before have I come across a game that wastes your time more than this.

An agonisingly dull experience.
  • I just remember the opening 8hr intro movie that made the game look massively more exciting than the actual 20 hrs of walking that followed.

Still, 30 minutes of download left and I'll be able to see for myself.
  • Best just chalk it up to experience Chalice.
  • Aye. Some gonna love it some gonna hate it.

I’m in the love category.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    I just remember the opening 8hr intro movie that made the game look massively more exciting than the actual 20 hrs of walking that followed. Still, 30 minutes of download left and I'll be able to see for myself.

There's like a 5 minute cutscene before you start playing, then there's a few medium-longish cutscenes in between longer gameplay sections before it really opens out.
  • Yeah I'm up for trying these games. I'm a bit gutted tbh as I love a moody game with inclement weather.
  • Aye. Some gonna love it some gonna hate it. I’m in the love category.

73a.png
  • Right, I'm going in. Going to time the intro cut scene :-)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha, cut scenes aren't that long and you can X through the dialogue of the in game chat.
  • Right then:

05:27 for the initial cut scene
    08:10 for the one in the cave - a few minutes of gameplay later
    26:00 for the main one that I remember - the one that makes the game seem more excitining than it is.

So far, bizarre as hell, but intriguing. Whether I think the same after 20hrs of walking about - we'll see...

edit: excitining stays
  • Omg that post, 'chalice tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back :p
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think he secretly likes it.

So tonight had loads of fun working through some really treacherous routes and they wanted a very delicate order delivering to a stupidly remote spot. Ended up
    Spoiler:

I really like how the game leaves it up to you to solve how you want to get the delivery sorted. And there are at least a couple of ways to do it.

Was also a BT beast
    Spoiler:
  • Major highlight - got my trike.

Strangely compelling game.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep. Just gets better.

The story wants me to progress, but I don't want to get to the end.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Aye. Some gonna love it some gonna hate it. I’m in the love category.

73a.png

Amazing picture.
  • Kicked this off then. Acting's kinda wooden and the exposition dump by the corpse disposal guy was clumsier than I am (should've held both triggers I guess) but not MGS4 bad, so that's helpful. Lots of things to like already though, albeit I've only just made it to Del Toro's fancy fetish overcoat.
    It's immediately the best walking simulator ever made for injecting non-triviality into basic traversal. I thought really hard about how to cross that stream without getting owned!
  • Also, playing as a sad gigworker winning Likes during a quarantined global disaster, in 2020, I mean

• Epic sale and 10 quid voucher make this 17 quid on PC. Hmmmmmmm

I have never played a Kohima game beyond the first act, though.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Put it down for now, if I've got time to play games it needs to be spent getting new god rolled weapons in D2. I am compelled.
  • I liked meeting Mary Poppins and Mr Exposition. Mr Exposition had one job and did it well.

Also bonus marks for saying "fragile" properly in the voice acting.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Epic sale and 10 quid voucher make this 17 quid on PC. Hmmmmmmm

I have never played a Kohima game beyond the first act, though.

Same. But this is just compelling. I get why people bounce off it as it shouldn’t be, but all those little mechanics build up and they keep adding little bits of gear or new challenges that keep you pushing on. I think if you like bring order to chaos you’ll like it
  • I hope it can maintain the scene to scene transitional smoothness, it's been pretty graceful so far. Not my expectation at all for a Koj product.
  • Yeah I really think it's a stunning game, I much prefer it to MGS. It's just one of these things where if you click with the gameplay and get into a logistical pioneering sort of mindset, you can get sucked in and play for hours at a time.

I remember quite early on when I found a potential crazy mountain pass route by looking at the map, then planning on all the equipment I would need to bring to make it a feasible shortcut, the feeling of discovering it would work out and laying down all the ropes, ladders, and helpful signs for other people to follow, that was just fucking amazing. Genuinely one of the best gaming experiences ever.
  • Yeah I really think it's a stunning game, I much prefer it to MGS. It's just one of these things where if you click with the gameplay and get into a logistical pioneering sort of mindset, you can get sucked in and play for hours at a time.

I remember quite early on when I found a potential crazy mountain pass route by looking at the map, then planning on all the equipment I would need to bring to make it a feasible shortcut, the feeling of discovering it would work out and laying down all the ropes, ladders, and helpful signs for other people to follow, that was just fucking amazing. Genuinely one of the best gaming experiences ever.

You should stream some, wouldn't mind seeing your progress.
  • I mean I could though I've absolutely rinsed it by now. It is a lot of fun trying to find routes around scary areas, though that becomes less of a concern the more you play.

I'll jump back in to play those Cyberpunk missions at some point, presumably they're just themed deliveries.
  • I mean I could though I've absolutely rinsed it by now. It is a lot of fun trying to find routes around scary areas, though that becomes less of a concern the more you play.

I'll jump back in to play those Cyberpunk missions at some point, presumably they're just themed deliveries.

Are they pc exclusive missions?
    Definitely stream them if so would really like a look at them.
  • Currently, the collaboration is exclusive to the PC version, Kojima Productions said. "We'll have more announcements coming in the near future, stay tuned!"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!