Death Stranding - Kojima/Reedus
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Just bought on Steam sale. Will be next to play after The Phantom Pain (yes, I've not played MGS V yet).

You’ll be able to tell me which you think is worse...

This game really is having a big forum comeback whilst on sale.
  • I didn't get on with MGS that much but this is a joy, and it's just beautiful on a beefy PC. What a port, what a game.

The story is dramatic/silly/cheesy/amazing/shit/nuts but the singular vision is spectacular. I played for hours and hours on my first go, so set time aside for a good session.

It's not the game I thought it was going to be and all the better for it. It's not for everyone, especially psychopaths, but it's a perfect game for a lockdown imo. I wouldnt've minded a walking simulator when it looks this good but it's so much more than that. It takes a bit from Dark Souls and molds it into to something so bold and beautiful.

To set up a studio and produce this as a first game is remarkable. The balls of the man.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Just bought on Steam sale. Will be next to play after The Phantom Pain (yes, I've not played MGS V yet).
    You’ll be able to tell me which you think is worse... This game really is having a big forum comeback whilst on sale.

Anything to drown out my Cyberpunk woes...
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    You’ll be able to tell me which you think is worse... This game really is having a big forum comeback whilst on sale.

Anything to drown out my Cyberpunk woes...

YOU TAKE THAT BACK OR I NOT LOVE YOU ANYMORE!
  • I'm so invested in this I'm even loving the nonsense cutscenes.

I can't believe somebody dared to make such a clearly expensive game that has a deliberately broken gameworld, asks the player to slowly and painfully traverse it just to demonstrate how broken it is, and then asks the player to make it bearable for everyone else by fixing the most annoying bits. It's just about the most amazing thing I've ever played.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah I'm back into this after Yakuza / 13 Sentinels

One Batshit plot at a time, reg.

Each one of these three is Anime as fuck in its own way.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can’t wait for March for PS5 Yakuza.
  • Its so cool to see this get a mini second Renaissance on here.
  • I can kinda co sign sg.

Not in a position to always give it proper time, so not playing as much, but agree with sentiment.

I am still finding all the systems a whirl of confusion though.

Because everything has a strange name as well and I still haven't come to grips with ui, it's all a bit of a mess.

Doing the very first Mules stealth thing.

The map is dense but it's unclear what everything means.

I did get spotted by a bt which set off a pretty fucking spectacular chain of events. I am now unsure if that's what happens every time or if that was just a one off. Basically, I'm still unsure of the actual fail state for getting caught by BTs.

I did get spotted by mules though. Haven't sussed quite their awareness.

They booted me out and stole my stuff.

Is that the extent of the fail state?

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It helps to read in this. Read all the tips when you are resting in your room. The emails also start to make sense of the world.

I never got caught by the mules but things do change later in the game that I won’t spoil.

Fail state for BT’s can sometimes be positive.

I had problems with the UI at first too, but it does get better. I think there are unnecessary bits around the UI that add to the confusion. But it does get intuitive once you’ve done things a few dozen times :-)

I do want to go back and 100% the trophies.
  • Yeah it starts to click around act 3. It's so easy just to keep pressing A but I'd advise a really good look at the screen when you're given a job. All the good info is there, including the hazards you'll face and you can even get an extra vocal brief. There's a lot to take in on that screen and I'm playing it on a 55" tv.
  • One of the really cool aspects is that you’ll eventually gain this softly gained intuition about what is and isn’t necessary and you can get away with just making sure the cargo is transported properly.
  • Speedhaak wrote:

Ha ha fucking hell Haak I can't wait to hear what you've got to say about this one!!

I know you, you're gonna tear this to shreds!!! :)

I haven't gone as far as deleting it yet, as there may just come a time in the coming weeks where I'm that bored even this game will stir something in me, but by christ I just don't see it.

• It's love. I haven't even finished it and it's in my top 5. Maybers top 3 ever.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Ha ha fucking hell Haak I can't wait to hear what you've got to say about this one!! I know you, you're gonna tear this to shreds!!! :) I haven't gone as far as deleting it yet, as there may just come a time in the coming weeks where I'm that bored even this game will stir something in me, but by christ I just don't see it.

I'm on a sadistic bender at the moment ;)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It's love. I haven't even finished it and it's in my top 5. Maybers top 3 ever.

It’s really is.
  • This is what DS was like. Then two weeks later he was selling his bitcoin to put out a hit on Kojima on the dw. So I'll wait if yous don't mind.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Don't let negative ninnys taint you going in, it's much better to start off without too many preconceptions, just let it wash over you and chill. Obvs some people will bounce off hard anyway.
  • I played for hours. It should never take that long for a game to be fun.
  • I played for hours. It should never take that long for a game to be fun.

It's brave as fuck.
  • This game is a frickin masterpiece.
  • This game is a frickin masterpiece.

You get it
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    This game is a frickin masterpiece.

You get it

:-)

• I've never played anything so...... confident. How did he know it was going to be ok?? It's so assured it's deliberately annoying. Who does that?! Who has the confidence to do that? I'm actually a little turned on.
  • Does anyone wanna buy a sealed copy of this game on PS4? I got it on PC. Forgot I had bought on PS4 on sale. Must have been a chalice or thereabouts, Fair offers and handjobs considered.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lets give it another go.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!