Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I stand by what I've always thought with this game:

Its a beautiful, stunning world. Fantastic game engine. The gameplay itself is nice and chill when it doesn't throw in the fucking awful BT bits.

The cut scenes, writing and every single thing else that makes this a whole is criminally bad and done by a very stupid man attempting to be clever. By this point I genuinely think he's a complete fucking idiot who occasionally lucks out on certain aspects (see MGSV gameplay loop and graffix of this). He's a fucking hack.
  • Yeah kojima's a dunce, I'm always amazed that people worship him and then bang on about "bad writing" in other games. Lolwot
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I don’t think you get lucky making metal gear solid 1, 2, 3 in a row.
  • Dude, we were, like 16.
  • Still, tbf who makes even 1, let alone 3 stone-cold classics? - barring Miyamoto. Guy is a legend irrespective of what he does from here on in imo.
  • If it was my personal opinion I’d go 4 and 5 as well but I thought they were a bit more subjective.
  • If it was my personal opinion I’d go 4 and 5 as well but I thought they were a bit more subjective.

Yeah, Zone of the Enders games too. Kojima is a legend.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Every Metal Gear bar 5 is absolute fucking arse as well. Just utter gibberish with half decent stealth.

Even 5 is complete shit without its gameplay loop.

He's the gaming medium's Lynch. Absolute useless drek.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Never enjoyed a single Kojima game, except this.
  • Every Metal Gear bar 5 is absolute fucking arse as well. Just utter gibberish with half decent stealth.

At least lynch is good at being weird.
  • Are auto pavers and therefore roads in fixed locations?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You discover more as you connect the network.
  • Cheers. So it's a case of carrying the correct amount of materials. Will have a look at the requirements later.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Roads take a lot to build. But I enjoyed it and made some future trips much more manageable.
  • The equation for me was a little bit - how long does it take to make roads vs to complete the game. In the end I decided the road amount saving would be less than just playing the game.

Once you get zip lines though it’s even less of a good deal.

Also I’m clearly not commie enough.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Depends on how much side stuff you want to do. Some of the bigger missions needed lots of cargo to S rank so zip lines wouldn’t do it. You’d need a truck.

But yeah the main story doesn’t need it.
  • I found the road building satisfying in and of itself, and I certainly made good use of the network so I think it paid off in the end.

It's not often that I'll try to 100% a game but I did for this, actually this might be one of the only 'big' games that I've done that with.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Think I’m around 70%. Will go back later in the year to finish it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I bought this over Christmas in the sales and installed last night for a looksy. Christ, it sure is a looker. I'm actually gobsmacked at how this showcases on a decent PC at high resolutions. Granted, I've only played about an hour but I think I'm going to like it.

?imw=2048&imh=1152&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

• Every Metal Gear bar 5 is absolute fucking arse as well. Just utter gibberish with half decent stealth.

4 and 5 were definitely lacking. 4 due to the story being ludicrously bloated and convoluted by this point and 5 due to not being helped by the game structure at all - Im sure there's an interesting story in there somewhere. Ground Zeroes and the prologue to 5 were great, though.

Kojima just overdoes the writing, though. The first 2 MGS games suffer from "never use one word when 100 will do" in regards to a lot of the dialogue and exposition. Zone of the Enders 1 has a similar problem with the character of Viola.

I think this is why Snake Eater is such a fan favourite - it's almost a standalone at that point in the series (before he expanded it into the sequels), and a fun Bond pastiche, with just the right balance of drama and cheese.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I wanna know how Haak is getting on with Reedus.

@Speedhaak
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Didn't get to play last night. Did like what I saw of it though.
  • Don't listen to the narsissists haak, this game is amazeballs. Yes the story is batshit and doesn't even bother to explain itself, yes the BTs are a pain in the arse, yes it can be painful to play (it's deliberately broken ffs) but it's all about the altruism. 

There's nothing else like it, although it does share ideas with Dark Souls and Elite Dangerous. It's a game that's not about you. Flatscreen game of the decade.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • My only real moan is that it didn't double down on its bravery - the double trigger catch all is too forgiving.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Ah interesting I thought it was about the person to an extent.

For me it was about getting through things literally one step at a time. For sure you use other people’s tools but you still have to crunch the next bit of snow with your footsteps and strides.
  • I pretty much walked, or used my bike, for the entire game. I barely made a road. I felt like it was choice the game gave the player - either go it alone, or help others. I was quite happy to stomp my way around using the tools the game offered, including the robo-legs, floating carrier, etc. I loved this game.
  • It really is all about the journey, and everyone's journey is a little different. There's just so many different ways to approach the tasks, and so much of it is optional or will vary depending on skill, meaning every individual's playthrough ends up being quite different.

Such a cool game, I'm really looking forward to playing through it all again at some point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!