God of War
  • Is it’s good idea to write down when and where I come across chests I cannot open yet?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'd say No, if you're playing on normal like I did it's not tough even if you pay little mind to loot and all the upgrade stuff.

If you do have big, bloated daddy baws like DS and are playing on hard then resources/other things may matter more.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah ya need to set ya build up on Hard, but once you get ya health up, along with strength, vit and defence plus some runic, with most the skill tree unlocked, its fairly easy.
  • It's like a fucking football game the amount of button combos..

I do like the hold R2 for a big cleave though.

Got past the bit I'm stuck on thanks to IGN whose walkthroughs are very well done. Silly me.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    There's a photo mode out for this today, you know what do do.

But maybe stuck them in spoiler tags for people who aren't there yet? It's been over a week or so since I've played, but my two are away again this weekend while I'm staying home so hopefully I'll slaughter my way to the end without the distraction. Looking forward to seeing everyone's pics anyway.
  • My question is when are they going to patch the size of the feckin fonts for texts and subtitles. I'm half blind even with me specs on and christ it's like they did it on purpose!!
    Peter3C
  • Ok so just read eurogamer gamer article about patch and they've fixed text size. Yay! Bout time the bastards
    Peter3C
  • Yeah was gonna say - they’ve patched text size twice now, I think, so it should be ok.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm getting ever so slightly bored with this... How much more have I got? I've just
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Main story done. Best AAA game this gen for me. Really enjoyed it and the attention to detail, love of the subject matter and gameplay nuance were special, considering it’s a game about pummelling everyone. Will gush more when I’m not on my mobile.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Disappointing lack of pictures in here, especially given the gloriously stupid faces you can make the lads pull.

To those in the know, is Muspelhiem
    Spoiler:
  • Disappointing lack of pictures in here, especially given the gloriously stupid faces you can make the lads pull.

To those in the know, is Muspelhiem
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cheers, done exactly that.

Mopping up a few side quests and treasure maps before pressing on.
  • It’s a fine game alright but fuck me that mans voice is just stunningly shit.
  • Lovely game!  Glad so many had/are having a great time with it too.

Was really not on my radar earlier in the year so was a surprise obsession over the last week and a bit.  Couldn't stop playing it to the point I stayed up late and got up early to squeeze in a little more time.

I'm a bit of a fighting game scrub so enjoyed the quieter scenic and puzzly bits moreso than the violence.  Knew I was gonna love it a few hours into the game when 
    Spoiler:

and a few hours after that 
    Spoiler:

Ending left me wanting more in a good way! 
    Spoiler:

No real complaints.  Maybe enemies could take less hits to die.  Clean up the menus etc.  

re: the canoe
    Spoiler:
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's ya story done. Need to compose thoughts. Gonna give it a rest before mopping shizzle up.
  • I really loved it, fully addicted, till my interest dropped steadily off in the final third.

They did make some intriguing character choices that have piqued my interest to see where they take things from here.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah deffo sequels & DLC being planned!
  • Are you able to mop up side quests and collectables after the story completes, or should you hoover up first?

• You can finish stuff after completion with zero hassle.
  • It's quite a minor thing but just a heads up, post-game:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Done two side quests and main up to light of alheim??? Just hit level 3. Seems to be taking ages to level up.... Is that normal?
    Peter3C
  • You'll maybe see level 5 by the end of the game. It's also your gear's combined level, not your level.
  • Ah cool thanks, still haven't been able to upgrade or craft stuff for little bugger
    Peter3C
  • I’m roughly same place as you. Game really is utterly fantastic. So far.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ah you've got us, it's all shite after where you are, we've been telling big fibs
  • Anyone looking to sell this? Was gona pick it up tomorrow but probably won’t be able to play it until early next week.
  • I'd feel bad selling a copy given the free to a good home thread and swapping and stuff but I do have a spare copy I'd part with like £20+postage
  • Sounds good! Will PM you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!