God of War
  • Boy seems annoying but that's a fine trailer. Ready for it.
  • The boy was annoying in the first one and big daddy’s voice even more so. First few hours I almost couldn’t get past it all but I’m glad I did. I’m pretty hyped for this tbh, which is rare for me with regards to big boy games. Really looking forwards to it.
  • I think that was the  point though he's supposed to be annoying. I constantly get 'Dad' 'Dad' 'Dad' from the Boy. Even when we are in teh car together and there's just the two of us he'll start every conversation with 'Dad' to make sure he's got my attention I assume.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Fair point but I think for me it was more that I felt they were trying to manipulate me into feeling DAD emotions than me outwardly getting irritated by the boy. Did not like his face though - thought he looked like a boy who’d smash a bus shelter window and tip over the bins outside the Co-op.
  • So we’re getting near ! Hype train!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Preordered this - cant remember the last time i've done that.

Watched a combat video last night and its looking a lot more varied this time around - bigger moveset and enemy types.

HYPE
  • Bob wrote:
    So we’re getting near ! Hype train!

Are we going three ways on this Bob (and muzzy)? Got stuff I want to play piling up so I can wait for it to do the rounds first...
  • I think it’ll be more of the same but I’m more than happy with that. No doubt we’ll be told how we can feel that axe in the duelsense because rumble.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Are we going three ways on this Bob (and muzzy)?

I think we've agreed this on at least eight separate occasions
  • Ha we have but Bob's ghosting me.
  • Worst threesome arranging ever tbh
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Worst threesome arranging ever tbh

Bobs been telling all his mates that moots a crap shag. Dunno if this is all linked.

• Yeah man I thought we where
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Gone blind on this since that last big trailer was spoilering all the big moments. Have time booked off to play it.
  • https://youtu.be/tQH0YK1rGVc

Wow, Ben stiller, LeBron James and John Travolta with there kids.
    I never expected that.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    That's a whole new level of cringe right there.
  • I’m not even gonna bother clicking on that. Unless it’s hilariously bad.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Unfortunately it's just skin crawlingly cringe.
  • What a waste of fucking money. Such an odd way to market the thing. All dads are bad dads or something. Just fucking odd as fuck.
  • Reviews are out and seem to be generally very good rather than excellent which, I guess, is sort of disappointing.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm not worried about reviews, more of the same, finish the story, I'll be happy.
  • Japanese trailer/ad is absolutely superbly bonkers

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Reviews are out and seem to be generally very good rather than excellent which, I guess, is sort of disappointing.

Opencritic - 94
    Metacritic - 94

Video Games Chronicle - 5/5
    It's rare to have such uncomplicated feelings about a game. To finish something and think, "that's one of the best games I've ever played." But with Ragnarok, it felt obvious. Sony Santa Monica's sequel is a high watermark for the medium and certainly surpasses all first-party games to date on PS5

Gamespot - 9/10
    And that's what distinguishes God of War Ragnarok from its predecessor, and most other action games. Despite being a story about warring gods and the end of the world, the soul of the game is something far more sentimental. You may have noticed that I've avoided mentioning the names of characters or describing plot beats, and that was intentional. To talk more about anything or anyone would be to rob you of some of the most unexpected things that God of War Ragnarok achieves with its narrative and the themes they explore. The last game's thoughtful approach to exploring fatherhood was unexpected, Ragnarok somehow manages to feel like an even more personal tale about the complicated nature of families and the people that make them up. For every moment of brutality, there is one of genuine and relatable emotion. How they land will vary from person to person, but there were multiple that left me with tears welling up. If nothing else, God of War Ragnarok further cements Sony Santa Monica's narrative team as one of the best in the business
    Click to shrink...

IGN - 10/10
    An enthralling spectacle to behold and an even more exciting one to take the reins of, God of War Ragnarok melds action and adventure together to create a new, unforgettable Norse saga. Impeccable writing, pitch-perfect performances, knockout action – it's a complete work of art from top to bottom. Reflecting its core themes, it's everything a sequel should be: respectful of its legendary lineage, but not afraid to take it to exciting new places. God of War Ragnarok is an almighty achievement and creates a new high that makes many of its peers look positively mortal by comparison.

Video Games Chronicle - 5/5
    It's rare to have such uncomplicated feelings about a game. To finish something and think, "that's one of the best games I've ever played." But with Ragnarok, it felt obvious. Sony Santa Monica's sequel is a high watermark for the medium and certainly surpasses all first-party games to date.

MP1st - 10/10
    I could spend hours upon hours talking about God of War Ragnarok, but at the end of the day, the only thing that should matter to you is if it's any good — and it is. It's better than good; it's a downright masterpiece. I know that word get's thrown around everywhere, and a lot, but I genuinely mean it. The story is beyond anything I would have imagined, and by the time I finished watching every line of credit roll, I couldn't help but give everyone a standing ovation. Like the first game, God of War Ragnarok will forever be etched in my memory as a timeless experience. A remarkable, unforgettable journey that I'll keep talking about for the years to come, and probably for the rest of my life
    Click to shrink...

Polygon - Unscored
    There is nothing life-changing about the way Ragnarök wraps up, but it delivers the same pleasant satisfaction that I get from finishing a Marvel movie that lets me run on autopilot. Even where the game can be frustrating, rote, and uneven, it's also safe and comforting, like a rerun of Cheers where everyone knows your name and you know that you'll never get thrown out of the bar. God of War Ragnarök, as the sum of its many disparate and often conflicting parts and influences, isn't here to reinvent the wheel. But its single-minded desire to emulate all the hallmarks of an epic Hollywood narrative will remain both its biggest weakness and its enduring source of success. And like many, many Hollywood success stories, it shouldn't feel this weird to say that something of this scope and scale is just OK.

Scoring higher than its predecessor so far.
  • Clearly I’m reading the wrong reviews then. Apologies.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I'm not worried about reviews, more of the same, finish the story, I'll be happy.

This is where I’m at though. Very much looking forwards to it.
  • I keep saying this but 2022 is a banging year for games. Somerville's imminent too.
  • Clearly I’m reading the wrong reviews then. Apologies.

The godfather 2!
    ;)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll dust off and update the PS5 for this.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!