Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I'm sure I'll be late to the party as per so I can shiver your timbers.
  • Yeah, I’m up for that.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I may hold off for a bit as I’m deep into a second playthrough of GTAV and want to stick with that for the time being.
  • Three weeks of fun incoming...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • and coming at the end of September...

*does little dance*
  • 1.37gig patch is now live. Be warned, I had to boot the game to get it to pop.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Good shout but a shit practice. All updates should download in the background, Shirley?
  • It might well for some peeps, but I had to force mine.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nah, just had to do it myself.
  • Gonna take a quick look at the Brigantine now, doubt I’ll get on tonight.

Edit: Well, it’s a cracking wee ship. So excited for this.
  • It’s just possible to sail it yourself too - but not easy.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Spoilers. Fucks sake Grem. Ruined everything.
  • Wait until you see the new gatling cannon - it’s amazing.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Catling Gannon?
  • Catling Gannon?

Is she not in Geordie Shore?

• Well. This is immense...and insanely difficult. Reckon you're going to have to have an Armada of ships to get the job done.

Me and Sparkles boarded a Brigantine and set sail for the battle. How hard could this be? Skelly ship appears to the port side from beneath the waves (it's an amazing sight) and we open fire as it come along side.
    Completely failing (of course) to notice that a second Skelly ship has also emerged from the depths to our starboard.
    They hit us with cursed cannonballs that make you dance for about twenty seconds and there's fuck all you can do to avoid them. They even affect you if you're below decks. We're the meat in a Skelly sandwich and we sink like a stone.

So then we head for Golden Sands outpost to start the quest properly and we form an alliance with another Brigantine. Lovely peeps. Two guys from Texas and an English girl. They've just suffered the same fate as us, so we use the new alliance system and jump into a party with them.
    The spoils of battle may well be shared in an alliance, but that's about it. Stupidly, friendly fire is still on, and there's no option to spawn on an alliance ship if you're dead or in the water. That's a glaring omission given the nature of what lies ahead.

There then follows a three hour battle where we manage to sink seven Skelly ships while dying and sinking and re-sailing back to the battle repeatedly. The fecking Megalodon even showed up at one point and attacked us while we were battling the Skelly ships. Utter chaos!
    As long as one person was still alive in the water, the battle doesn't reset.
    Eventually that came down to me floating about waiting for our alliance comrades to return in a new ship...and I got eaten by a fucking shark and the battle resets. FUCKSTICKS.

We came so close. Seven of eight Skelly ships sunk, and just the final named Skelly captain on the one remaining ship, and a fucking shark spawns and fucks us over.
    Has to be said, the cursed cannonballs are a rancid thing imo. So annoying when you're sinking fast and your entire crew is stuck dancing like twats and there's nothing you can do to save your ship.
    But yes, this is seriously awesome, and you are absolutely going to have to form alliances with as many ships as possible to get the job done. This really does make The Hungering Deep look like a walk in the park.

great times

g.man
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It was great fun, I captured a decent video of us sinking our first ghost ship, I'll upload it to YouTube when I have time.
    Spoiler:

This thing needs some planning.
  • Jesus, that sounds tough.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Meg rocking up to pile on last night is making me smile today. Would be good if the bastard took out one of the ghost ships for us. Same with the kraken, imagine the cheers that go up when the ship that's been battering you gets wrapped up by those tentacles.
  • That would be awesome :D
  • That’s what I was thinking too - it’s a bit much if the Kraken/Meg only targets player ships.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Goober, Boozy and I spent best part of three hours sailing around the map and not a fecking sniff of a Skelly ship.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Goober, Boozy and I spent best part of three hours sailing around the map and not a fecking sniff of a Skelly ship.
    Did you start the actual quest and follow the clues?

• I've never seen the kraken or meg in game, and barely ever any human pirates. to be honest i'm starting to suspect this whole thing is one massive ruse at my expense... ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Kraken is currently disabled, but here you go peeps, the Megalodon will attack the Skelly ships too.
    vFUchtp.png
  • Goober, Boozy and I spent best part of three hours sailing around the map and not a fecking sniff of a Skelly ship.
    The Skelly hanging outside the bar on every outpost has a note underneath him that tells you where to go for the battle.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    And what time.

Great news about the AI interacting with one another.
  • Rumours abound on the official forums that you may have to face as many as 10 ships to complete the battle, but we had the named Captain spawn on what was definitely ship number 8 last night. Whatever the truth, it's a lot of fucking ships.
    You'll need to be in an alliance, and you'll need to have all the supplies you can carry. Even then, you'll probably have to restock multiple times from the barrels that spawn in the sea around the battle. It's fucking hardcore stuff, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.
  • PLANKS AND CANONBALLS. You'll ideally need as many as you can carry...and then some.
    There were multiple times last night when we were all out of planks and all Sparkles and Brit Girl could do was to keep bailing while I jumped in the sea, swam to barrels, restocked with five planks, then mermaid warped back to the ship in the hope it would still be afloat when I got back there to repair the holes. This of course then leaves you with no planks again, but it did work multiple times for us. Only came unstuck if the crew were hit with cursed cannonballs while bailing with me still in the water waiting for a mermaid. The whole thing requires some serious coordination.
  • g.man wrote:
    Kraken is currently disabled, but here you go peeps, the Megalodon will attack the Skelly ships too.
    vFUchtp.png

Brilliant. Anyone try to board a Skellie ship last night? Also, getting into the water with TNT to try and sink them that way? Might be a way to avoid the boogie-balls.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!