Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    UPpQnIO.gif

That's enough of that, into the canon you go.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Huge update yesterday, bringing aforementioned moggies, the ability to revive comrades and a whole new way to play - faction emissaries.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Still nowt to do though.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I bought a mog. The purrs are comforting.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Still nowt to do though.

I'd like to be unhappy buuut,
    never do have the time.

This guy nails it to the mast.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    They trickled the content in perfectly. Imagine if they released it with everything that's in it now.

Head assplode
  • I've started playing this recently with 3 friends I've known for 30 years or so. Now they've all had Xbox ones for a couple of years but they're not really gamers as such and certainly not online gamers. They're my mates from school and were all 39 now, we usually meet up at the pub or get together to watch the footie or boxing etc but lockdown has changed that and bought with it an unexpected plus side.

This Game!

We're all pretty new to it (think I sailed once with hair, omne and boozy) so we're learning as we go and I can honestly say I haven't seen a game capture their imagination like this since we were teenagers. We've played 4 times from 8pm to 3am in the last 9 days alone and had such a riot doing it. We haven't even realy got started yet but fuck me have we had fun.

So well played Sea of Thieves and well played you lot for sharing your experiences in this thread because without that I wouldn't of talked them into trying it.

Cheers fellas.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    5uFvruM.gif

Just Bob to go!
  • It's a brilliant game, possibly one of the all time greatest. I wish I could get my very casual gamer friends into it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Man I miss this game. It's just excellent
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Cupatay, so glad you're all having a whale of a time.
    Just curious - what do you guys like doing the most?
  • Cupatay, so glad you're all having a whale of a time.
    Just curious - what do you guys like doing the most?

Going to the pub ha. I like abit of treasure hunting and working out some of the clues. We did a tall tale the other day and that was good fun but I'd say the best part is when another ship is spotted.

We planned an ambush the other day on a galleon that looked like it was on a mission on a island. It was the worst attempt at a suprise attack I've ever seen.

As we sailed side by side (it was very dark btw) with them and shouted fire the cannons, we hit an island directly in front of us. We had to stop firing to see what had happened and start repairs. By then we'd attracted as much attention as possible and we were stuck on land, like a sitting duck. If I were on there ship I would have been crying laughing at us idiots. They absolutely ruined us.

Twice we've managed to sink other ships and then decided to hang around anchored patting ourselves on the back only to be boarded and murdered like helpless morons. Still, it's been so much fun.

It's quite a buzz when you see a another ship or two and things just happen so all the emergent stuff with other crews I guess would be the best bit for me.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's never been better than when the whole community came together to fight the Meg. Incredible scenes.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Best online night ever for me. Was fucking amazing. Even better than when we all hid from that guy on BFBC2.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Better than when that lamp post cut Webbins in half in GTAV?

I was crying with laughter.
  • Now that was funny. All those fucking acres of sublime landing patches and I pick the square metre with the lamppost on it.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Oh man, the absolute scenes!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • you can understand why they don't allow it, but it would be great if you could get a big squad in a game of SoT together, sailing as an armada fighting together...before a bit of last minute betrayal to steal the treasure.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I think the game does excel because it allows you to create your own adventures and stories, it's not just everyone doing the same 'levels' over and over.
    As mentioned I've been playing this with my daughter a bit. neither of us are good enough to go for big prizes and difficult tasks like skelly forts etc. and she's too young for 'online language' so all the voice comms are off and no interest in teaming with others.
    so we just potter around doing simpler quests, where the site of an enemy ship on the horizon is enough to send her into a panic.

in a recent game, we were most of the way through a 'skull' mission when we were attacked by a shark thing. we decided to try to fight it. i think a skelly ship turned up too, or i may be confusing that with the previous days adventure, but ultimately we got sunk. stranded in the sea, but we had a row boat. so i collected all the treasure and set about trying to row to an outpost, but she didn't like being stuck in the rowboat. so she got a mermaid and respawned with a boat on the opposite side of the map. she sailed our sloop single handed across the world, while i rowed half the world in a diff direction trying to get to the nearest outpost, using her map and where i thought we were to try to judge which way to row.
    eventually we both got to the outpost pretty much at the same time, sold the skulls and had a drink together before quitting. :)

and that's the funny thing with this game. technically we had a boring half hour where we were separated and each just rowed/sailed in a vague direction to get to an island so we could 'finish' our game, doing nothing interesting. but the tension, and the sense of being in the world (like using the rising/setting sun to give direction while rowing, or having to stop rowing and turn around with compass in hand etc), and the epicness of it all meant it was a brilliant adventure and a great achievement just to get together and sell our treasures.
  • That’s a great story, Ram.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yep, a great adventure was had there.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Heartwarming story Ram, one of battling adversity and not giving up. I could just see the images in my head of the events described!

It's only pixels, but Rare have created a truly captivating game world, once you give it a chance and a bit of time for it's charms to wash over you.

Uh5mZeD.jpg
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    I just tried this yesterday. Havent done any online for ages and it was somehow just so chilled and fun. I felt I need a few mates though. Just done one mission and I love the sea and the pace and the atmos!
    rest less
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    There's something about sailing that takes you away from it all, but you're welcome to jump on board when we take a ship out (or there's a friendly community even with randos).
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What's all this about ghost ships?
  • They slip into your dock at night and give you the willies
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Zoinks!
    8Pd1SuO.gif

Rare just keep adding awesome stuff.

Release notes
    Spoiler:
  • I need some advice on defeating the kraken. It's the one thing in this game that makes me wanna throw my controller at the tv.

I saw it three fuckin times last night and every time it attacked us it killed us. It's so infuriating when you've spent ages loading up a ship to go into a fort or fleet and you get sunk before you get there. It turns this game from being in my top 3 games this gen to what I can only describe as being a barrel emptying simulator.

It's more than likely our fault for being shit so any advice will be appreciated. Is the kraken something we can fight our way out of every time if we handle it right or am I going to need insurance for my tv?
  • The ghost ships are good fun. They shoot screaming cannonball things at you and they are devastating. The sound they make as they come towards you is freaky. They are easy to destroy though and it makes for a different kind of battle.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!