Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    wUL7mL5.gif
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Arrrse.
  • Roger! (The cabin boy)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Played this for the first time in AGES, last night, with a friend from work.

Pretty uneventful if truth be told, just one friendly pirate swam up to our ship to say “hi”.

Good fun though, and a reminder of just how beautiful this game is.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Played this for the first time in AGES, last night, with a friend from work.

Pretty uneventful if truth be told, just one friendly pirate swam up to our ship to say “hi”...

Arrr, but always at the back of your mind, there's the feeling they could just turn and blow you to bits.
  • I'm gonna get on the rum tonight
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Played this for the first time in AGES, last night, with a friend from work.

Pretty uneventful if truth be told, just one friendly pirate swam up to our ship to say “hi”...

Arrr, but always at the back of your mind there's that
    feeling they could just turn and blow you to bits.

I know! His ship sailed off and circled as my friend and I stood on the deck of ours and watched suspiciously.
  • I could possibly appear in the distance
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    We will never get that working again. Never.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Chaz, you can take my plaice.
  • No no lads batter in lads I’m still a possible..... no confirmation I will even be aloud haha

• I'm online and ready whenever you lot are.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Played even more of this yesterday. I tried to start a Tall Tale but it was at the tavern which is way up on the top of the rocks. After I found it and heard the intro bit from the barmaid I left to find two dickheads in a sloop had set my ship out to sea and were taking the piss using the in game chat. Had a laugh about it, played a tune and danced around a bit and they wanted me to join their party. No ta boys, I don't think so. So I five in the water and hitched a mermaid to my ship.

Unbelievably she was still sailing, three quarters full of water like but only one hole so easily fixed. I was in the middle of wherever the fuck those volcanoes are, and one was mid eruption, so it was a little dicey and I needed to be out of here. I checked the map to see where I should be heading and noticed a reaper's chest very close by. Just as I pulled up above the wreck, a skelly ship surfaces. One unremarkable fight later and I'm harpooning their loot onto my ship before diving in for the shipwrecked reaper's haul too.

Knowing I'm now a moving icon on the map, and having already confirmed the presence of a couple of griefing wank stains on the server, my heat was pounding. I went to the local port without seeing a soul, and started to turn in my loot. It was agonisingly slow on my own, but I got it all cashed in except for a storage crate, wood crate, ashen chest and obviously the reaper's chest. Not liking being a marked man one little bit, I thought I'd offload the reaper's chest first before trying to secure an ashen key for the chest. Checking the map with dismay, I've got miles and miles to sail, and between me and the reaper's hideout is only the fucking skull fort event thing. Deciding to give that a wide berth I set off, hoisting an alliance flag just in case people want to share my spoils instead of taking them from me (me and Franny had much luck with this on Friday night).

Coming close to the fort now, and as expected, it's fucking teaming with ships. Ghost ships all over, a player brig in combat with them, player sloops cutting this way and that as well as a couple of skelly sloops and a curious Meg. I notice I seem to be on a parallel path with a player sloop. In fact, our paths are intersecting! As we creep ever closer, a couple of "Ahoy!" calls go unanswered. It's making me even more nervous. An outpost is coming up, and rather than be trapped between the island and this shifty fucking sloop, I divert a little out of my way and go round the right hand side of it. Only the sloop doesn't come around the left hand side, he must be turning in on the island! Fucking phew.

The reaper's hideout is in sight now, dead ahead. No signs of any other ships, nothing to alarm me. As I get closer, a thick fog comes down. Can scarcely see around me now but having scanned the horizon before hand I think it's working in my favour by hiding me more than anything. I don't fuck about raising the sails etc, full speed ahead into the peir and slam on the anchor just before I hit, grab the reaper's chest and run for the hall. My worst nightmares have been realised, I spot a pirate dashing into the hall in front of me. I had half a second to naively think they won't attack when he pops back out and blasts me with a pistol. The bastard! He must have seen the reaper's chest on the map and got to the hall ahead of me! I don't have anything else to lose except this chest in my hands. I don't trust my pathetic combat ships against a seasoned swashbuckler, so I make a run for the back of the hall and hope he's not a good shot. Only there's another one in the hall! And I spot their names, it's the same two from earlier on! Feeling like all is lost I duck and dive, bunny hop and strafe past the two goons who hit with another shot but miss with a couple more, then a split second before I die I turn in the chest.

Or do I? It's just showing me the slumped corpse of my pirate. Moments pass, it feels like a lifetime, but then the glory of the notification pops, I'd got there in time. Relief washes over me and I head through the doors of the Ferry of the Damned with a smile on my face. Only the sad sacks aren't happy with my last gasp escape, they're on my ship, and have grabbed a keg from my crow's nest to sink her, thinking that it's heavy with loot. Knowing that there's only an ashen chest of any worth, without a key to boot, I laugh and slam my cutlass into the keg, blowing the three of us to kingdom come. I whip out the *Rolls on deck laughing* chat option before I go back to the Ferry. Unlucky lads, fortune smiles on me today.
  • EPIC :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Wonderful retelling Sparky and worth a tankard of anyone's rum.

SPlwBra.jpg
  • Amazing stuff Sparky :)
  • Sounds like a Tall Tale Sparky... nice work.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I didn't even get anywhere near starting the Tall Tale!

Had a session last night, decided to hunt out another Reaper haul. Got the loot on board and headed towards the hideout when I noticed a ship with a Reaper's flag on the map heading for the hideout too. I dropped my arse as well as the chest overboard while I took the rest of the loot to an outpost in the opposite direction. Not very swashbuckling of me but it's effective.

Later on though, with a beady eye on the Reaper ship via the map, I spot another Reaper's chest. It's South West of the hideout, they're way North East, if they spot the chest moving it'll be a straight race to the hideout. Readying my ship and only grabbing the Reaper's chest to minimise potential losses, the chase is on! Here's the action from the finish line:

Of course, it doesn't always go to plan. Here's me on the final leg of a solo Tall Tale realising that a keen eye, quick reactions, sharp aim and a nose for treasure aren't always a positive when alone at sea:

• hahaha
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Decided I’d pop on for a bit, no quests as such, just a bit of a sail as I’m still stunned by the sheer beauty of this game.

Set off and noticed some green and red lights intertwined, so headed in that direction.

I massive skull appeared in the sky and below it half a dozen ships, glowing green.

I changed course, and noticed a galleon in the vicinity, heading straight for the ghostly ships. I changed course again, back towards the giant skull.

Keeping a fairly safe distance I dropped anchor and climbed up the mast to the crow’s nest.

Flamebeard began some long winded speech as the galleon sailed beneath him, fireballs rained down as I watched from afar.

It did cross my mind, that maybe I should try to assist the galleon, so I slid down the ladder and headed to my wheel. As I looked back, I saw the galleon heading towards me, away from the mayhem. I quickly set sail...

For a while we sailed side by side, I watched suspiciously in case they began to fire at me.

The main problem with that was that I sailed straight into some rocks. I leapt off my ship onto the island, and my ship carried on without me, slowly sinking.

As a Cornishman, I am seriously letting down my heritage with my incompetent and cowardly pirating.

Fun game though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Arrr, the feels!

Those green and red lights are the Reaper's chests I was on about earlier, deffo go for those if you want some red hot Gally action. Check the map though, they seem so near but they could be miles away.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Anyone about for some thievery tonight?
  • YARRRRR MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    There's a brig's worth. Can we get a gally going?
  • What time?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I maybe sea worthy around ten ya swabs.
  • Ah if it's 10 I'll pass. Gonna be up at 6 with the kids. Sorry.
  • What's the deal with this shrouded ghost meg? Is it still a thing and worth hunting or have you gotta be a legend? I like the fancy threads ya see.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!